BOB Sport Utility Blue Jogger Single Seat Stroller Reviews

2 consumer reviews

+$24.21 shipping Target
Free Shipping Toys R Us

Best Stroller Ever - Period

Jul 7, 2010 (Updated Jul 7, 2010)

Pros:Easy to drive
Fun to drive
My kids thought it was fun to ride in
Safety harness

Cons:Pricey!

The Bottom Line: A solid choice for active families with small children.

I visited Washington DC with my two kids.  My kids are five and two.  I knew we would be doing a lot of walking (DC is a very pedestrian city).  I planned ahead and booked a BOB Stroller from the local stroller rental.  Every single rental agency I called recommended the BOB Stroller.

Details:

Can hold up to 100 pounds
Recommended for babies at least 8 weeks of age
12" Front wheel swivels and locks forward for jogging
Swiveling front wheel offers a smooth, comfortable ride
Two step folding system, compact folded size
Two independent folding canopies and padded reclining individual seats
Adjustable 5 point harnessWeighs 32 pounds

This stroller is rugged.  Both of my kids gave it a workout but it held up well.  The maneuverability of the stroller is impressive.  With the three thick wheels with shock absorbers, it was a smooth cushined ride.  We kept the tires inflated for the smoothest ride.  We inflated them at gas stations.

The seats were comfortable and could easily recline.  My two year old often fell asleep.  The safety straps/harness were easy to clip on and kept them secure.  This was a good feature as I often found myself jogging with the Bob.  It was that much fun. My kids were happy to ride in it for a long time.  They never tired of it or whined to get out.

The sun canopy was a welcome addition and I could peer down on them through the clear plastic flap.  The handle bars were padded with thick black foam and there was a drink/wallet holder that held my necessities.  There was a clever storage bin at the bottom that held the diaper bag, food and other items easily.  On the back of the stroller were pouches that I could slip maps and books into. The parking brake is applied by pushing down with your foot the steel bar across the back.

The most impressive feature was the ease of use, I could drive this thing anywhere and at no time did I "not fit" through any gates or bars.  I could turn tight corners and managed to get off and on the subway easily.  We even rode the escalators with Bob (I know you are not supposed to but don't tell anyone).

This stroller is a great addition to young families that live in an urban environment.  A simple trip to the grocery store is a perfect outing. It handles curbs and bumps with ease and gives the kids a good high view. The canvas easily cleans with a damp sponge.

The only drawback is fold-ability.  In order to fold this, you have to take the wheels off.  This could be a hassle. For this reason, we never folded it up, just parked it in a room  (or garage) and left it until the next trip.  This stroller would be heavy to lift so I never did lift it, just rolled it.  We never left the hotel without it.

A solid recommendation for the Bob Duallie Stroller.  However, this baby retails for about $550.  I would never pay that price.  I would recommend a gently used version from Craigs List for about $150.

If your kid weighs less than 22.4lbs, you can securely carry him/her in the Sport Utility stroller. Even when your baby is off-road, the fixed front w...

With the latest innovative features, the BOB 2011 Sport Utility Stroller in Blue is perfect for any offroad strolling experience. Knobby tires and hig...
Toys R Us
Find baby strollers at Target.com! The bob sport utility 3-wheel stroller has pneumatic knobby tires and wheels made of high-impact polymer composite ...
Shop for Carriages and Strollers from Hayneedle.com! Break free from the monotony of the treadmill or even the sidewalk and experience more natural su...
Hayneedle