Boss BV9974B Car DVD Player Reviews

Boss BV9974B Car DVD Player

Great buy for the price

Apr 22, 2011 (Updated Apr 23, 2011)

Pros:-Very affordable.
-Cheap price for numerous features.
-Big touch screen.

Cons:-Screen tends to stop working.
-Must be in park to use video player.

The Bottom Line:

The price of this product compares to any other deck out there on the market.  It is a great price for the options you receive.

I bought this video player for my 2000 F-150. I wanted a receiver that would both look flashy to my friends and function well. This is the second after market radio that I have installed and I like this one way better than the first.  The 7" touch screen really makes this unit look expensive. It is set up so that when the car is started, the motor flips the screen up and is ready to use. The opposite happens when the car is turned off so that the screen will be protected and hidden from view.  Make sure to read the manual because this deck has so many features that even I have not been through them all yet, and I have had this deck for 5 months. The features are numerous and it provides great accessibility for anything you want to do on the go.  This deck will make any car look more expensive. You just have to make sure that there are no obstructions in the way above the head unit.  Things such as cup holders, vents, and buttons might be in the way as the screen flips up. This is a great unit if you can find the right car to put it in. The screen display had three options. You start at radio where you can select 6 default radio stations to have at the click of a button. Hit the power button once and it will take you to the CD/video screen. This is where you can play your Cd's or movies and control everything with either the remote or the touch screen. Next is the auxiliary screen, which is designed for an ipod hook up. You can play any of your music from any form of music player on this setting. In the upper right hand corner is the settings button. This is the main control center and you can decide anywhere you want to go from there. Options include TV, video, DVD, radio, settings,auxiliary, etc. The settings can be adjusted to how you like, but one setting this unit does not have is the preout units for sub woofers. This means you cannot change the level of your subs from the unit. It makes up for this lack of setting by allowing a lot of room for additions. A backup camera can be installed and played on the screen, and satellite TV can also be purchased as an extra value. The screen sometimes has a problem with glare and can be hard to tell where certain options are and that is important to see when the screen is where everything is controlled from. When purchasing this unit you receive the deck, 2 metal clips to help remove the unit when not in use, and the warranty guide. The standard warranty is 1 year unless more is purchased.

NOTE THAT THIS ITEM IS THE POWER SPEAKER HARNESS We can not list all parts available. If there is a part that you need that is not listed, for example...