Brother MFC-240C All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

$$ absolutely wasted!

Mar 4, 2008
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Paper Handling:

Pros:The all-in-one feature. Photo printing decent.

Cons:99% of it. Paper dock, scanner size, color duplication, ink glutton.

The Bottom Line: Not worth the money and as another reviewer said, a total gimmick. Save your sanity and buy something ELSE.

My mom bought this product for it's cheap price (she thought "how bad can it be?" Our old HP Inkjet had lasted 7 years and we had to replace it only because someone dropped it. So we needed a printer and my mom rush bought it (always a mistake and I told her the woes of such a move.)

Bulky gray and black printer. It doesn't take up too much room, but we have ours off to the side on a shelf. Paper loads on a dock that you will want to snap in half. A small LCD screen that will routinely say "Paper Jam" or "Empty Ink" "Replace ____ Cartridge"

From day one we had a problem with the paper dock. I hate it with a passion. Not only do you have to put it in a certain way, but it will not accept more than 5 pieces of paper. More than five, and you will have several papers eaten. The always loving "Paper Jam open back" message will appear. And will REMAIN there even after you follow the instructions. It's only after you open every part of the printer, shut it off, turn it back on that you might find the message gone.

The thing is an ink glutton. I have NEVER had to go to the store so much for ink. We spent over $200 dollars buying ink (and you can only get Brother ink) because we wanted to
stockpile. Even if you just use black and change your settings to black ONLY - the colors still run out. It's infuriating.

The scanner is the smallest I've ever used. My 9 x 12 drawing pad does not fit on there. Even a standard 8 1/2 x 11 barely fits. The thing never gets the whole sheet and with text documents, they are often blurry. The colors don't duplicate well (horror for someone that is displaying art online.)

Stay AWAY from this thing!

Operating System: Windows

Be it scan, copy, fax or print, the Brother MFC-240C fulfills all your office-related needs efficiently. This Brother All-In-One Printer boasts a fast...