Backyardigans - Backyardigans - Ty Beanie Babies 8" Backyardigan Pablo Reviews

Backyardigans - Backyardigans - Ty Beanie Babies 8" Backyardigan Pablo

Ty Beanie Baby – Backyardigans Pablo the Penguin

Sep 24, 2011 (Updated Aug 16, 2012)

Pros:Great Beanie, sits up well, looks like he does on the show

Cons:None that I have seen

The Bottom Line: The best of the Backyardigans Beanie Babies, he should be the first of the set purchased

While Austin might be my youngest son’s favorite Backyardigan, my oldest son and I both agree that Pablo is the best of the group. The Backyardigans, a television show on Nickelodeon that is a personal favorite of my children, have made a comeback in my household after a period where I thought they had moved to other shows. With that resurgence, the Backyardigans Beanie Babies have made a reappearance on my kids’ beds at night, with Pablo the Penguin still getting the most use of the group.

The Pablo Beanie Baby was one of two Backyardigans Beanies that were introduced on November 30, 2005. It would be a full year before the other three were made available. Since it is an official Ty product, Pablo comes with the heart-shaped tag on his left hand. While he doesn’t have a birth date like most Beanies, each tag does with a message or poem that is unique to that character and Pablo is no different. His reads as follows:

“Pablo wants to go on a backyard adventure with ______”

While most Beanie Babies have unique messages, Pablo has the same message that Backyardigan Tasha has, which I found disappointing. Still, Tasha’s Beanie was made a year later, so I count that against hers rather than this one for the copying. Still, it is an interesting note that they couldn’t come up with five unique messages for the five Backyardigans.

Pablo is a blue penguin with a small blue bow tie on his neck and a yellow and blue beanie on his head. The beanie hat has a propeller (though it is plush, so it doesn’t spin), and the Beanie looks like he does on the show. He is soft plush and sits up well when you put him on the floor. He is about 6.5 inches tall, making him one of the smaller Backyardigan Beanie Babies. I actually prefer this, as the Austin Beanie at over 9 inches was way too big. He is pretty sturdy, as he has no tears or signs of wear after a good deal of usage and being thrown around.

Overall, Pablo is not only my favorite character on the show, but also my favorite of the Beanie Babies set. He is just the right size and looks just like he does on the show, and has none of the flaws that some of the others do. I’d highly recommend him to any fans of the show, and he should be the first of the set picked up by anyone.

Other great Backyardigans Beanie Babies - Austin the Kangaroo

Type of Toy: Stuffed Toy
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Ty Limited Edition Backyardigans Plush Complete Set Of 2 - Tyrone And Uniqua

Ty Limited Edition Backyardigans Plush Complete Set Of 2 - Tyrone And Uniqua

~~~~VERY COLLECTIBLE LIMITED EDITION~~~~ BACKYARDIGANS COMPLETE SET OF TWO ~~~~SET INCLUDES:~~~~ ~~~TYRONE~~~ UNIQUA ~~~~~~ EACH ONE IS 8 1/2 INCHES H...

Backyardigans - Uniqua- Ty Beanie Baby Plush - With Tags

Backyardigans - Uniqua- Ty Beanie Baby Plush - With Tags

The Backyardigans Uniqua Ty Beanie Baby Plush - New with tags This cuddly creature measures 8 inches tall I gladly combine shipping and ship worldwide

Ty Beanie Baby Uniqua Backyardigans Plush Bean Bag Animal Toy Pink Tags

Ty Beanie Baby Uniqua Backyardigans Plush Bean Bag Animal Toy Pink Tags

Backyardigans Uniqua TY Beanie Baby This is a new with tags Uniqua Beanie Baby by TY. It is the pink girl from Backyardigans. Is new with hang tags bu...

Backyardigans - Tyrone- Ty Beanie Baby Plush - With Tags

Backyardigans - Tyrone- Ty Beanie Baby Plush - With Tags

The Backyardigans Tyrone Ty Beanie Baby Plush - New with tags This cuddly creature measures 8 inches tall I gladly combine shipping and ship worldwide

Ty Buddies Complete Set of 5 Backyardigans: Tasha, Austin, Pablo, Uniqua, Tyrone

Ty Beanie Babies Uniqua Backyardigans Plush With Tags Pink Nick Character

Ty Beanie Babies Uniqua Backyardigans Plush With Tags Pink Nick Character

tThis item for sale is the Ty Beanie The backyardigans Uniqua. This is new in the package and you may refer to product details for more information. W...