Balderdash Game by Mattel Reviews

Balderdash Game by Mattel

Balderdash by Mattel:

Nov 16, 2008

Pros:Creative game that is never the same no matter how many times you play

Cons:If you play with uncreative boring people, it sucks

The Bottom Line: Balderdash is a great game for people that are tired of losing from a roll of the die or athe random picking of a card.

I have been playing balderdash for as long as I can remember, my family has always been balderdash oriented.  Balderdash is a game of colosus proportions.  I have never had so much fun playing a board game.  Balderdash is a game that creativity and personal knowlege can actually help you win.  It isn't just a game of luck with a toss of the dice, or a card randomly drawn.

Besides the people you play with, the only complaint I have is the lack of paper given with the game.  I know the paper  given with the game won't last forever, but they hardly gave me any.  I know this problem is easily solved by cutting up a bunch of scratch paper, but it still kind of upsets me.

The basic play of the game is to BS people you are playing with that the answer you wrote on a question is the correct answer so that they vote yours as the correct answer.  The categories for your "bluffs" are 1.Weird Words, 2.Peculiar People, 3.Incredible Initials, 4.Marvelous Movies, 5.Laughable Laws.  The answer to each of these questions is as zany as a made up one.  here are a few examples:  Q. What is a BOGONG? A. Nocturnal moths usually eaten by Australian aborigines. Q. Who is Jimmy Nicol? A. The drummer who played with the Beatles while Ringo had his tonsils out. Q. What do the Initials ITSC stand for? A. interstate Transportation of Stolen Cattle Q. What is the movie Blades about? A. A killer lawnmower with a bad attitude goes bananas at a folf course in New Jersey Q. In Louisiana it is against the law to walk down the street wearing a what? A. An alligator costume.

The best part and worst part of this game is the people you play it with.  You will be laughing for hours and have the best time when you play with clever people that are creative.  On the otherhand however, if you play with people that aren't so inclined it will be very dull.

I paid about $30 for this game

Type of Toy: Board Game
Age Range of Child: 9 Years or Older

Mattel Balderdash The Hilarious Bluffing Game (Balderdash - The Hilarious Bluffing Game)

The fun of Balderdash , the classic bluffing game, continues! Is it real or is it Balderdash? Each card lists People, Words, Initials, Movies and Laws...
Overstock.com

Balderdash Board Game

Balderdash Board Game

The Balderdash Board Game is the hilarious game of bluffing. The laugh-out-loud fun bluffing game includes five different categories. With 336 clues, ...