Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages

Swim, bathe, play in the rain! These bandages won't budge.

Apr 9, 2007 (Updated Apr 9, 2007)

Pros:Great holding power, affordable, different varieties for different needs.

Cons:I can't think of any really.

The Bottom Line: When Band-Aid says these bandages are waterproof, they really mean it! They don't budge from my son's hand even after six hours of industrial dishwashing.

The need for bandages just suddenly went through the roof in my household. My husband and both sons now are sporting injuries that require bandages and I managed to slice my finger when I was, of all things, slicing soap!

I am very happy with Curad Silver Gel Multi-Day Hold Bandages for larger areas but my older son and I both needed smaller bandages. I saw Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages in two types and bought both.

One is designed specifically for fingers - knuckles and fingertips - and the others are transparent bandages.

Both have the patented Water Block Adhesive that works like a charm.

About the Bandages

Easy to apply
100% Waterproof protection
100% Waterproof
Even when wet, unique pliable material stays securely in place shielding out water, dirt and germs.
Easy to Apply -
No complicated application system.
Just peel and cover for complete protection.
Sterile unless individual wrapper is opened or damaged.
Made in USA.

Manufacturer's info

The Bandages

These bandages are specifically made to keep water out and to keep your injury germ free and dry. The ones made for fingers only are flesh colored and come 20 to a box. 10 are for knuckles and joints and 10 are designed to fit over fingertips and nails. They're strangely shaped but they are extremely good at flexing with every movement and keeping water out.

The clear bandages come in a box of 30 - 1 x 2-1/2 inch bandages. These are slightly thicker and longer than traditional bandages and are clear. They have the same waterproofing adhesive as the finger bandages. The middle pad is much longer than a normal bandage's, covering a longer cut or wound with ease.

These bandages also come in a couple of other sizes - larger ones for bigger areas and fingerwrap ones for non-joint/knuckle wounds.

My Use

I've got my husband and younger son wearing the Curads and myself and my older son wearing the Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages. I am wearing the finger bandages which are perfect for the cut I have just below my first knuckle. Ordinary bandages fall off quickly when placed there and don't flex. These stay on and move with me.

They are truly waterproof. I wash my hands and shower and the bandages do not loosen at all.

My older son has a nasty gash on his palm which is a really tough place to apply a bandage that doesn't just loosen and fall off even when hands are dry. He has two jobs and one is a part time dishwasher so he needed something reliable.

I didn't really expect these bandages to hold up to that type of water. I mean, I figured they would stick through hand washing or showering but not hours of immersion in hot water.

He applied a Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandage before work and was back six hours later - with the bandage firmly in place. His hands had been in water the whole time yet the bandage never even loosened.

I was, and am, very impressed with the holding power of these bandages.

You would think that taking these off would hurt since they have such amazing adhesive but it doesn't. They peel right off with no tugging or pulling of the skin.

Although they don't have antiseptic or antibiotic on the pads of the bandages like the Curad Silvers do, these bandages do a wonderful job of keeping germs away from open wounds and warding off infections.

My son would have had to miss work if it hadn't been for these bandages because he would not have been allowed to wash dishes with an open wound plus the chance of infection touching food and other nasty stuff would have been high. With Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages, he could do all that and nothing came near the wound at all.

As for me, I am happily cutting soap again - with a duller knife. I am still wearing my finger bandages and the wound is healing fine.

I can't imagine using bandages that don't have this type of adhesive after being spoiled by Band-Aid.

I hate when bandages roll off the skin or shift. These do neither. They stay where you put them for a long time even if you bathe, swim, or otherwise immerse them in water.

I love them and will buy more when these run out. Bandages sure have come a long way from the cheesy plastic ones that stuck for about five minutes. I think the only people I know who still use those are the people at doctor's office. I have blood taken often and their bandages fall off before I leave the office.

Buying Info

Most good drugstores and some mass-market stores carry Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages in a few varieties. All have the same long lasting adhesive qualities. It just depends on what your particular needs are.

For such good bandages, I expected to pay much more than I did. The box of 20 finger types ones were about $3.00 for 20 and the clear strips were $3.99 for 30.

Conclusion

I am not happy that the entire family is sporting cuts and gashes but I am happy I have found bandages that help keep germs away from the wounds and water out. Both the Curad Silver Gel Multi-Day Hold Bandages and the Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages have a place in my first kit.

These waterproof bandages will come in very handy this summer. We own a marina and cuts and scrapes are a part of maintaining the place as is swimming and lounging on rafts in the lake. These bandages will make keeping water and germs away from minor injuries so much easier.

A definite 5 star concept that really works. I highly recommend all of the varieties of these Band-Aid Water Block Plus Adhesive Bandages.

Band-aid Adhesive Bandages - Clear Water Block Plus - 30 Ct (3 Pack)

Band-aid Adhesive Bandages - Clear Water Block Plus - 30 Ct (3 Pack)

Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages - Clear Water Block Plus - 30 ct (3 PACK)

Band-Aid Water Block Plus Clear Transparent Bandages --- 30 each

Band-Aid Water Block Plus Clear Transparent Bandages --- 30 each

Band-Aid Water Block Plus Clear Transparent Bandages --- 30 eachBand-Aid water block plus clear transparent adhesive bandages is 100% waterproof prote...
American Drug Supply Store

(5) Backs Band-aid Brand Adhesive Bandages Large Water Block Plus/10 Ct. Each

(5) Backs Band-aid Brand Adhesive Bandages Large Water Block Plus/10 Ct. Each

This Listing is for Lot of (5 ) Backs Brand New Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages Large Water Block Plus Quiltvent Technology Size: (2 in X 3 in )5 X 1...

Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Large Water Block Plus - 10 bandages

Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Large Water Block Plus - 10 bandages

Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Large 10 bandages2 x 3 in. 100% Waterproof. Stays on all day. 100% Waterproof: Even when wet, unique pliable material sta...
American Drug Supply Store

Lot Of (6) Backs Band-aid Brand Adhesive Bandages Water Block Plus /20 Ct. Each

Lot Of (6) Backs Band-aid Brand Adhesive Bandages Water Block Plus /20 Ct. Each

This Listing is for Lot of (6 ) Backs Brand New Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages Water Block Plus Finger-Care / Quiltvent Technology Size: 10 (1 1/2 i...

(2) Band-aid Bandages Water Block Plus Large 10 Count All One Size

(2) Band-aid Bandages Water Block Plus Large 10 Count All One Size

(2) Band-Aid You will receive:(2) Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages All One Size 2in x 3in Water Block Plus LARGE 10 Count Box= 20 Band-Aids Total *Absolutel...

(3) Band-aid Bandages Water Block Plus Finger Care 20 Count Assorted Sizes Bn

(3) Band-aid Bandages Water Block Plus Finger Care 20 Count Assorted Sizes Bn

(3) Band-Aid You will receive:(3) Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages Assorted Sizes ( 10- 1 1/2 in x 3in, 10- 1 1/2in x 2 3/16in)Water Block Plus Finger Care ...

(2) Band-aid Bandages Water Block Plus Finger Care 20 Count Assorted Sizes Bn

(2) Band-aid Bandages Water Block Plus Finger Care 20 Count Assorted Sizes Bn

(2) Band-Aid You will receive:(2) Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages Assorted Sizes ( 10- 1 1/2 in x 3in, 10- 1 1/2in x 2 3/16in)Water Block Plus Finger Care ...

(2) Band-aid Bandages Variety Pack- Sport- Water Block - Tough Strips 30 Count

(2) Band-aid Bandages Variety Pack- Sport- Water Block - Tough Strips 30 Count

(2) Band-Aid You will receive:(2) Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages Assorted Sizes (10- 1in x 3 1/4in, 10- 1in x 2 1/2in, 10- 5/8in x 2 1/4in)Variety Pack wi...