-21%
Barefoot Cellars 2010 1.5L Dessert Wine Reviews

Barefoot Cellars 2010 1.5L Dessert Wine

No shoes on my feet, Sweet taste of Barefoot I meet !

Aug 6, 2009 (Updated Aug 6, 2009)

Pros:Inexpensive. Serves best ice-cold. Fruity and perfect for light summer fare.

Cons:Nothing in Vanilla or Watermelon or Apple

The Bottom Line: A light, refreshing guaranteed tasty palette sensation for these hot summer days. A great dessert wine !

Barefoot Wine may have been around since 1986, but my lips have only been familiar with its sweetness since March of this year. Barefoot Cellars of lovely Modesto California is where this fruity light semi-bubbly (although I see no indication of CO2 in the absent ingredients list), is processed and fermented and then distributed to lots of grocery stores, truck stops, and gas stations that serve wine and beer.

Barefoot is a brand whose slogan is “Get Barefoot and Have a Great Time!” TM is something a bottle of wine need not remind me of having, I love to be barefoot ! But Jennifer Wall who produces this fragrant mix of apricots and peaches, certainly believes that light and delicious and feeling happy, is the only way to cruise through life. I totally agree when this flavor and subtle tingling sensation passes over your lips moistening and absorbing delightfully into the tongue, cheek n palette (sounds like a name of a band)! J. Wall has produced with the assistance of her staff fourteen of the most unique blends and varieties of wines and champagnes

There is the White Zinfandel; the regular Zinfandel; Shiraz which is a light red I believe, Merlot a bolder red, Cabernet Sauvignon which is the boldest red and full-bodied; Pinot Grigio a light fruity white; Sauvignon Blanc a very pale white wine; Chardonnay a more yellowish dryer but still sweet white; Brut Cuvee (I have no idea which strength this champagne is but if it is anything like that kerosene dom perrignon, yuck !); Chardonnay Champagne a white very bubbly yuck); Premium Extra Dry Chardonnay Champagne and new Barefoot Bubbly Chardonnay Champagne.

This particular review is on the 750 ml or 1.5 L clear see-through glass tall neck bottle of Barefoot Moscato Wine which I find to be quite delightful for the semi-summertime hot streaks we have had here in Ohio. Trust me I would not have a bottle of this tasty stuff sitting in the fridge as long as it did, three weeks, but lack of hot summer days, you don’t drink it when its cooler outside. This brings me to the introduction of the magnum size for people that have lots of other people over and want to serve something satisfying.

In 2007, Barefoot launched the wonderful 187-milliliter bottles. I had one of those in March when our family first tried it, but since threw it out. Everything would be the same as far as labels and warnings and the back ‘footnotes’ panel would read as follows:

Barefoot Moscato is a sweet wine with delicious mouth-watering flavors of juicy peach and apricot. Hints of lemon and orange citrus compliment a crisp, refreshing finish. Barefoot Moscato is perfect with not only the cheeses I mention but spicy Asian cuisine (as recommended on the bottle), light desserts and of course the fresh fruit ! Anyway, the wine is best chilled and served with white grapes, soft cheeses like Camembert or Brie on toast points or crackers; semi-soft cheese like an Aged Swiss or Gruyere and maybe some chunks of ham, pepperoni and proscuitto slices on hand as well. It is versatile for the lighter menu fare and absolutely delish-shuss !!

The title I picked for this piece is especially important to me and hopefully to you as well. See, Barefoot Moscato supports the efforts of organizations that help keep “Americas beaches ‘barefoot friendly’”. I myself absolutely love the sand, feeling it squish between my toes and warm my entire body as it absorbs dramatically the heat from sun, but most of all I love to see a healthy beach. This is a beach scene, one that while I am sipping on my Moscato, I can see a plethora of seashells, pebbles, sea life, seaweed or any other aquatic remnants INSTEAD of glass, aluminum, condoms, sanitary products and a whole mess of debris that should not be on our public beaches. So, if for the sake of just a tempting sink your toes in the sand of an experience, buy a bottle and call these people at 1-800-750-8828 to find out what you can do to help this great feeling !

Barefoot wines are distributed throughout the United States and exported in Canada, Europe, and Asia. Those bigger bottles are great to have around since this stuff seals perfectly back up once opened; however, I do not recommend keeping it in the freezer if you want it super-chilled, this baby freezes solid ! I found out the hard way on Independence Day weekend when I bought it early 5 thirtyish on Friday and forgot about till almost eight. Yes folks, she was almost fully frozen-solid, just a an inch maybe inch a half away from the cap. Only after thawing with a towel around her in case she popped her cap and exploded all over with glass in my kitchen, did I enjoy two very long tasty glasses and wrote some reviews that night.

Anyway, moving along with our review . . . As one of the bottle label reads, the circular one above the square label, a seal of approval is marked--“Deliciously Sweet!” in which this June 2008 rating stating it reaches the most consistent quality and proven value, I respect that. I feel the highest effectual rating from the USA Today is what keeps it on most grocery shelves.

It is popular even though it does contain those nasty little ‘sulfites’ which can trigger some womens worst migraines. The square label directly under that seal of approval is white, embossed with gold lettering against green-blue-aqua border. It is called ‘Footnotes’ which places the Government warning sideways on the bottom panel.
The warning reads: 1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages (they should also warn you not to drink your good ole fluoridated water either) during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. 2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems. (The latter statement--’may cause health problems’ is the biggest underestimate because with the addition of ’sulfites’ in this delicious fruity wine, women are at great risk when their hormones are already off-the-charts. For me, a person with a high propensity to producing estrogen and over-dominating period cycles, I cannot drink this two weeks before ’that time’--it triggers the worst migraine.

Back to bottle design and appeal:

The strange likeness of a bare footprint also in green-blue-aqua is shown to be stepping to the upper right and seemingly anxious to get where it is going . . . The journey you imagine in your mind, if you will, is delightful. You imagine yourself in a long gauze dress slowly meandering your wet sand strewn sunken toes along a shoreline that stretches for miles; or your meandering quietly through the most fragrant of wildflowers; or your succumbing to the plushiness of your newly steamed carpet and its still warm pushing the fibers into the tired sore feet you have worked in all day. This is paradise, THIS IS BAREFOOT MOSCATO ! It totally defines without offering any words of wisdom a visual of pure fun and enjoyment.

My Final Thoughts:

What is better than feeling the earth beneath our abandoned of shoes bare feet that grounds us to our spiritual salvation than sipping on an ice-cold glass of Barefoot Moscato wine ? Nothing. Well that is not entirely true. There are some things better but we can’t write stuff like that here on Epinions, this is a house of professional reviewerism.

So what are you waiting for ?

For roughly $10.oo plus tax, 750ml will do you and a girlfriend or two just fine for a few hours. The larger magnum size is a little higher in price.

Enjoy !

Country: USA
State or Region: Modesto valley vineyards
Price: 9.99
Wine Rating Scale: A solid performer

This wine is from United States, California region. MUSCAT BLANC A PETITS GRAINS Wine California Still Wine