Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel Reviews

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel: Your Average Body Wash, But With Fragrance Power

Jan 11, 2004

Pros:Powerful Scent, Cleanses Well, Creates Rich, Thick Lather, Doesn't Take Much For Cleansing

Cons:Doesn't Moisturize, Scent Lacks Staying Power

The Bottom Line: It's your average shower gel with a powerful fragrance punch.

I love, love, love Bath & Body Works. I can walk into one of their stores and walk out with way more than I intended to spend. It's just one of those little luxuries that I have just for myself. My family and friends know how much I love BB&W products, so they often give them to me as gifts for special occasions. This Christmas my brother in law gave me a wonderful gift basket of Bath & Body Works Pleasures products. One of those products was the Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel.

~*~Cost & Location~*~

A 10 FL OZ bottle of Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel is going to cost you a whopping $9.00 at any Bath & Body Works store. You can also find these products on Ebay, for much less.

~*~What's So Pleasurable?~*~

The Bath & Body Works Pleasures line is designed for plenty of pampering, with favorite classic scents. Scents like Cucumber Melon, Country Apple, Sun Ripened Raspberry and more. Remember, if you find a favorite scent, be sure to stock up on it. BB&W has a bad habit of discontinuing scents without warning!

The Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel is described by BB&W as "A favorite everyday cleanser to refresh and condition skin leaving no residue." This product is packaged in a clear container with an attractive label. The shower gels vary in color, depending on what scent you purchase.

Each different scent has its own saying. For instance, my Mango Mandarin is, according to BB&W "Luscious, juicy mango and mandarin orange mingle with energizing citrus notes in this mouthwatering fragrance." This shower gel contains Aloe Vera for skin conditioning.

Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide DEA, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Sodium PCA, Aloe Leaf Juice, Papaya Fruit Extract, Mandarin Orange Extract, Mango Extract, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, PEG-150, Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Red 33.

~*~A Pleasure For The Senses~*~

I was thrilled with the gift basket of Bath & Body Works Pleasures products that my brother in law purchased for me as a gift for Christmas. I was in heaven and I couldn't wait to try them out!

The next morning I popped open my brand new bottle of Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel and poured a dime size amount on my bath pouf. That small amount created plenty of rich lather for cleansing. The shower gel itself is a little bit thicker than I expected. It can be a bit of a pain trying to squeeze it out of the bottle.

Once I began bathing the scent of energizing citrus immediately filled my shower. This is one very fragrant and powerful shower gel! The smell is strong and powerful, but not to the point of being overwhelming. The wonderful scent really makes showering a pleasure.

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel rinses clean and leaves absolutely no residue behind on my skin. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and refreshed. Unfortunately that's about the extent of what it does for my skin. This is just your average, very basic shower gel as far as cleansing and moisturizing goes. Yes, it cleans very well, but it lacks in the moisture department. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or anything, it just doesn't leave it feeling moisturized and soft.

Another disappointing aspect of this shower gel is that the fantastic scent lacks staying power. As soon as I'm finished bathing, and I get out of the shower I can barely smell it on my skin. Now, when I use this with the other Mango Mandarin products I received then I get better fragrance staying power. Layering the scents really seems to help with the Pleasures line.

~*~Overall~*~

Despite the fact that this product fails to moisturize, and the staying power of the scent is lacking, I would still recommend it. It's your basic shower gel, cleanses the skin well and smells wonderful. When used with other products from the Pleasures line, the scents have more staying power. So go ahead, give it a try, the scent alone will make it worth it!

Bath Body Works Pleasures Cherry Blossom Shower Gel 10 Oz Pink

Bath Body Works Pleasures Cherry Blossom Shower Gel 10 Oz Pink

Bath Body Works Pleasures Cherry Blossom Shower Gel 10 oz Pink .Shower Gel from Bath Body Works Pleasures 10 ounce size Light pink shower gel Cherry B...

Bath & Body Works Pleasures - Sweet Pea Shower Gel 4 Oz

Bath & Body Works Pleasures - Sweet Pea Shower Gel 4 Oz

This is a Bth Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel. Sweet Pea in a 4oz bottle. New never opened. mcmurray age 418150

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Body Bath & Shower Gel 10 Oz (select Scent)

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Body Bath & Shower Gel 10 Oz (select Scent)

Bath Body Works Pleasures Signature Shower Gel is supercharged with benefits that make it the world's best daily luxury, providing the ultimate shower...

3 X Bath & Body Works Exotic Coconut Pleasures Shower Gel Full Size10 Oz.

3 X Bath & Body Works Exotic Coconut Pleasures Shower Gel Full Size10 Oz.

Bath Body Works 3 x Bath Body Works Exotic Coconut Pleasures Shower Gel Full Size 10 oz.

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel 10 Oz Cherry Blossom

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Shower Gel 10 Oz Cherry Blossom

Bath Body Works shower gel.From the Pleasures line. 10 fl oz. NEW. MSRP is $9.50. Fragrance is Cherry Blossom. This listing is for one bottle of showe...

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Country Apple Shower Gel 8 Oz X2 Discontinued

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Country Apple Shower Gel 8 Oz X2 Discontinued

Bath Body Works BATH BODY WORKS PLEASURES 2 SHOWER GEL COUNTRY APPLE 8oz NEW, NEVER BEEN OPENED Large Plastic Bottle $5.00 SHIPPING for priority.Item ...

Bath & Body Works Pleasures White Tea And Ginger Body Lotion & Shower Gel X2

Bath & Body Works Pleasures White Tea And Ginger Body Lotion & Shower Gel X2

Hi, Up for this listing is from Bath and Body Works Pleasures Collection WHITE TEA AND GINGER. You are getting : 1 bottle of WHITE TEA AND GINGER show...
Bath & Body Works Pleasures Peony Shower Gel 10 Fl Oz

Bath & Body Works Pleasures Peony Shower Gel 10 Fl Oz

lokieperez store Bath Body Works Pleasures PEONY Shower Gel 10 fl oz Free Shipping!