Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple 3 In 1 Body Wash, Bubble Bath and Shampoo Reviews

Bobbing For Juicy Red Apples: Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple 3-in-1

Mar 31, 2007

Pros:Heavenly juicy apple scent; doesn't dry out skin; cleans well; rinses clean

Cons:Not particularly moisturizing; scent doesn't really last on skin; bad as a shampoo

The Bottom Line: If you like apple scents that will take you straight back to cool, crisp October days, head to Bath & Body Works and pick this up!

So, I'm pretty excited this weekend, as Bath & Body Works will be putting out all of the new, full-size 16 oz. Temptations 3-in-1 products on Tuesday. I'm dying to get several of these, and the matching lotions as well. You know I have serious product issues if I'm excited three days in advance about lotions and 3-in-1's! One of the most realistic-smelling Temptations 3-in-1's in this line so far is the Alluring Apple. I'm not normally a fan of apple scents per se, but this crisp, juicy, red apple scent is incredibly realistic and is a joy to use.

Product Details:

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple 3-in-1 is a product that performs three functions. It's a shampoo, body wash and bubble bath. It comes in a rounded, squeezable, clear plastic bottle with a translucent green plastic push-down cap. The cap also screws on and off the bottle.

The 3-in-1 itself is a medium shade of pearly red. It's a gel, but it's pretty thick and has the texture of shampoo. The scent is very realistic - it smells just like a fresh, juicy, crisp red apple. It's not tart like a Granny Smith apple. This is straight-up Red Delicious or McIntosh!

This product normally comes in a 16 oz. size, but Bath & Body Works put out smaller 4 oz. sizes several weeks ago. These small sizes will disappear once the 16 oz. sizes are officially out in the stores.

BathandBodyWorks.com states the following about this product:

Bursting with the mouth-watering scent of crisp, juicy apples.
A body wash, bubble bath and shampoo all in one.
With conditioning Provitamin B5.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, cocamide MEA, fragrance, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, sodium chloride, hydrolyzed wheat starch, glycerin, amodimethicone, polyquaternium-7, PEG-12 dimethicone, sodium PCA, PEG-150 distearate, hydroxypropyl guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, acrylates copolymer, triethanolamine, isopropyl alcohol, disodium EDTA, citric acid, benzophenone-4, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, red 40, yellow 6, red 33, caramel.

My Experience:

When I saw the Temptations Alluring Apple 3-in-1 at Bath & Body Works, I wasn't even going to pick it up and smell it. I'm not a fan of apple scents in general, and I hated Bath & Body Works' Country Apple scent. But I picked it up last, after smelling all of the other scents. I couldn't believe how wonderful this scent is! I had to have it - my dislike of apple scents be damned.

When I shower, I use a net sponge. In this house, we call them "fluffies". You know the thing I'm talking about. The poufy shower sponges made of netting. Mine is always white, and my boyfriend's is always blue. That's how we don't get them mixed up. So when I put some of this fairly dark red gel on my net sponge, I knew I was going to get pink lather at first, and I was afraid that this red gel would stain my white "fluffy". But, it didn't. The red and pink disappear fairly quickly and you are left with white bubbles and lather the more you work the lather. This product creates a nice amount of bubbles and lather and I don't need any more of this product than I would use with any other body wash product (an amount about the size of a quarter works fine).

Temptations Alluring Apple 3-in-1 smells great in the shower. That realistic, juicy apple scent lasts throughout my whole shower. The scent of my shampoo and conditioner take over the shower, though, so the great apple scent is pretty much gone by then. I feel like my skin is getting clean without being stripped. It rinses clean and I don't have any residue on my skin when I'm done showering.

After I'm done drying off, I can't really smell the great Alluring Apple scent on my skin. This is not surprising, though, as my showers are way too long - pretty much nothing lasts on my skin because the water is beating on it for so long. In addition, we have fairly hard water in our city, and it has a slight mineral scent to it to begin with that tends to come out in the shower. So it's not a big deal. However, I've washed my hands with this product and the scent lasts for about a half hour on my hands if I don't apply hand lotion over it.

I never take bubble baths, so I can't comment on how this product performs as a bubble bath. I CAN, however, tell you that this product is a lousy shampoo. I don't know why I keep trying these 3-in-1's as shampoos, because the end result is always the same - dry hair, dry scalp, etc. etc. Yuck. Unless you have oily hair, or normal hair that can tolerate a drying shampoo, I advise you to stay away from this 3-in-1 as a shampoo.

Overall, I'm so pleased with the Temptations Alluring Apple 3-in-1. I love the crisp, juicy apple scent and I will be using this a LOT in the fall during apple season. It's a realistic, comforting scent and it reminds me of my childhood.

Price and Purchasing Information:

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple 3-in-1 is available at Bath & Body Works brick and mortar stores and online at BathandBodyWorks.com. It is normally priced at $12. If you can find the small 4 oz. size, those were normally priced at $5, but were on sale for 4/$10 for a long time.

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple Body Lotion Large Size

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple Body Lotion Large Size

Bath Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple Body Lotion - FULL LARGE SIZE 10 oz - AWESOME ALLURING APPLE SCENT NO LONGER AVAILABLE ANYWHERE - BRAND NEW...

Bath Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple Body Lotion 10 Oz. Rare

Bath Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple Body Lotion 10 Oz. Rare

*** Bath Body Works * Temptations Alluring Apple Body Lotion 10 oz. * RARE ******* ****************** Discontinued ************This lotion has not bee...

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple 3 In 1 Body Wash & Lotion Set-nwt

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple 3 In 1 Body Wash & Lotion Set-nwt

.For Your Consideration This Auction is For a New Discontinued Temptations Alluring Apple 3 IN 1 Body Wash, Shampoo, Bubble Bath, 16 Fl. Oz.-NEW-RARE!...
Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple X2

Bath & Body Works Temptations Alluring Apple X2

These are discontiued and rare. Both bottles are a 3-in-1 body wash,bubble bath and shampoo.Each are 4 fl oz. Smells really yummy.

Bath & Body Works Temptations Lotion 10oz Discontinued Choose Your Scent X1

Bath & Body Works Temptations Lotion 10oz Discontinued Choose Your Scent X1

NEW NEVER USED BATH BODY WORKS TEMPTATIONS BODY LOTION YOU WILL RECIEVE 1 LOTION OF THE SCENT OF YOUR CHOICE 10 oz each BANANA SMOOTIE BEYOND BERRY CI...

Bath And Body Works Temptations Melon Cooler 10oz Lotion Awesome Deal Super Rare

kriscp Store BATH AND BODY WORKS TEMPTATIONS MELON COOLER 10OZ LOTION AWESOME DEAL SUPER RARE BATH AND BODY WORKS TEMPTATIONS MELON COOLER 10 OZ LOTIO...

Bath Body Works Butterfly Flower 8.0 oz Body Lotion

Bath Body Works Butterfly Flower 8.0 oz Body Lotion

Buy Bath & Body Works Body Creams & Body Lotions - Bath & Body Works Butterfly Flower 8.0 oz Body Lotion
2 Bath & Body Works Body Lotion : Dancing Waters & Butterfly Flower

2 Bath & Body Works Body Lotion : Dancing Waters & Butterfly Flower

emeusalgado Store BATH BODY WORKS Dancing Waters Butterfly Flower Body Lotion You are buying (2) full size bottles @ 8 oz. /236 ml (Lotion)Dancing Wat...
Bath & Body Works Temptations Body Lotion - 10 Oz.

Bath & Body Works Temptations Body Lotion - 10 Oz.

BATH BODY WORKS TEMPTATIONS BODY LOTION - 10 OZ.TEMPTATIONS BODY LOTIONS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE (1) TEMPTATIONS BODY LOTION AT...
Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Butterfly Flower Lotion And Gel Dr

Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Butterfly Flower Lotion And Gel Dr

BATH BODY WORKS SIGNATURE COLLECTION BUTTERFLY FLOWER LOTION AND GEL THIS GIFT SET CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:1 BODY LOTION 8 OZ. 236 ML.1 SHOWER...