Beauticontrol Regeneration Chemical Peel Reviews

Beauticontrol Regeneration Chemical Peel

BeautiControl's Regeneration Chemical Peel WILL take years off your skin-literally.

Jun 20, 2005

Pros:Packaging is cute;

Cons:Price; Results; Scent; Ohh just read the review!

The Bottom Line: This stuff sucks! The only comparison I could think of-put super glue on your face then try to RIP it of. Skip this...

My sister suggested we have a spa party the month before my wedding. Her friend is a BeautiControl consultant & I had heard she had great parties. We (my sister & I) rearranged my living room, lit lots of candles, burned oils, & set out small pink goodies bags.

We sat around chatting while the consultant set up her presentation. The pampering began. You can try about 25 different products in an hour presentation. We had a nice foot soak, and wore a heated wrap around our neck.

Then it was time to see the catalogs. Nothing they made really stood out, as I was not convinced that their products were any better than the ones ive used for years. I thumbed through the thin book.

AHA! Something I don't have, BeautiControl's Regeneration Chemical Peel. I wanted to try a chemical peel, this was my opportunity.

I got it and a few other things-mostly to entertain myself but the peel, oh..I was so excited about the peel. They claim * this two step process helps exfoliate dry, damaged skin cells, revealing younger-looking skin that glows.* OK I bought it. Literally.

5 weeks later it arrives at my house. I like instant gratification when it comes to buying beauty products. This took way too long to get here. One glass dropper, a clear glass .67 fluid ounce bottle of Regeneration Chemical Peel Serum, and a 3.5 ounce tube of Peel Off Mask. The tube was a drab blue. The serum was also blue. Lovely.

*Key Ingredients that deliver results! Glyolic Acid-an alpha hydroxy acid derived from sugar aggressively loosens the bonds that hold dead skin cells to the skin surface. [It pulls them off there, see?] Galactoarabinan a natural, mild, non-irritating, readily biodegradable water-soluble polymer derived from wood pulp that has reduce the signs of aging, improve skin texture, clarity, yada yada yada.*

Whatever.

So I read the instructions and get right to work. My face is clean so I unscrew the lid off the serum and insert the dropper. I dropped this across my face and quickly rubbed it in. It was sticky. Really sticky. The heavy, super glue like liquid made me uncomfortable. It said it'd dry in a few minutes. 5 went by and it was still sticky in some spots. I waited ten more minutes.

This is where it gets fun. When its dry your face is as shiny as a new nickel. You skin is taught and seamless, not a wrinkle, fold, crease to be found. Its the mask. It has formed a hard layer of what looks like silicone over your face. Now its time for step two.

The Peel Off Mask.

It squeezes out of the tube in clear blobs. Its cool and soothing. But its sticky too. Cover your entire face with a thin layer. Think of it like the peel off facials only the scent isn't as inviting. It reminds me of Elmer's glue only worse.

It needs to dry. 15 minutes minimum and no more than 30 minutes! Apparently that's a big deal because it tells you so on the packaging. Once dry peel away from face. HA! Easier said than done. Most women have used a peel away facial mask before-they know that it will break or peel into many sections and not grab onto your face. Not so with this stuff. It pulls your SKIN with it. DO NOT try to yank it off fast like a Band-Aid, you will lose skin. I kid you not.

OK half an hour later I got it off. I rinsed my face as they suggested in their pamphlet.

My skin did look less stressful. The noticeable crease between my eyes & the laugh lines were a little less visible. My skin actually felt balanced. Yep I liked it, after a few more uses id look like I did in my late teens.

Months later here I sit. Telling you what I wish someone would have told me. It doesn't work. The feeling and appearance I described is possible with just about any facial mask. The wonderful feel only lasts as long as any other treatment you can give your face. And since you cannot use this more than 2 times a week, it really is a huge waste of money.

The serum & mask may be dermatologist tested for sensitivity & allergies I bet you cash money they didn't test pulling it off their faces or it wouldn't have their stamp of approval.

I don't look any different and the serum & peel is almost gone. But before I close....I need to share some things to consider before you use this or any other treatment that is similar:

If you want a spa party, get some friends, a few mud masks, tubs to soak your feet and a few pitchers of sangrias. Everyone will thank you since they didn't have to pop out their checkbook.

My face was bright red (obviously irritated) for hours after I used this. The peel off mask is HARSH. Im a tuff girl, I wouldnt lie.

It literally takes off the first layer of skin. That hurts. Real bad.

It did burn sensitive areas of my face such as around my nose and jawbone. But it wont clgo your pores. That is if you have any left.

Alpha Hydroxy in any form promotes younger skin. You don't have to spend a small fortune to obtain it.

Cost. This was $40.00. Ive found lower prices for the same type/amount of product.

Results wanted-something fun and new to try or banking on it to make you look younger? If its the latter save your money & see a dermatologist. Only a professional peels can take years off your skin. BeautiControl cannot.

I do not recommend this at any price. Its a novelty more than anything. if you have thick skin (literally) and like masks then you'll love this. Everyone else don't even bother.