Beef 'O' Brady's

Very Nice Family Restaurant

May 4, 2005

Pros:Nice atmosphere, good food, fairly cheap

Cons:TV's can be somewhat hard to see, small bar area

The Bottom Line: Very good place to take the family for dinner. Wings are great. Service is prompt.

I ate at the "new" Beef O'Brady's located in D'Iberville, Mississippi. The layout was nice and decor very appealing lending to the sports bar theme. The service was poor on one occasion, but very good at following visits.
Here are my criteria that determine service quality:
-- whether the drinks get refilled promptly (shows the server is keeping an eye on the table for needs)
-- menu knowledge (a server who knows the menu, and can answer every question about it is an indicator that this person likes their job and will DO a better job)
-- Comes back to table often to check on things
-- Friendly, even when they are having a bad day
-- Clears the table (or has it cleared) promptly
-- Brings the check promptly

The food came quite quickly with the overall taste being consistently good to very good. Serving size is pretty much the same as similar restaurants, and is enough to either fill you up or make you content.

They have a "contest" where if you eat 20 of their hottest hot wings in 20 minutes, you get a Beef O'Brady T-shirt. Granted the wings were $10, the challenge was easy for me since I like hot foods. Their wings are one of the best I've tasted at any establishment. Though their hottest is hot, compared to others, but it still wasn't "light your tongue on fire" hot.
Many patrons, especially college-age kids, will come just for the wings and wide selection of beers.

Overall, the prices are very competitive allowing for a relatively inexpensive dining experience.

Being a sports bar, there are a lot of TV's scattered around. The picture quality on some of the big screen TV's weren't as good as other sports bars, though the volume levels were just right, enabling easy conversations without shouting.

I also like that this is a family oriented sports bar...it's never "over the top" with adult references, making it inviting (and non-offensive) to children and their parents.

The bar area was pretty small, and you can tell the focus was on the restaurant side, which I liked. If I were to go go to hang out with the gang, having a few drinks and watching some games on the screen, I would most likely go to another sports bar, but if I wanted to have a pleasing meal in a comfortable atmosphere Beef O'Brady's is hard to beat.

Brady's Book of Fixed Stars eBook

Brady's Book of Fixed Stars eBook

Buy Brady's Book of Fixed Stars by Bernadette Brady and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 ...
Kobo eBooks

CafePress Brady's Lady Sweatshirt

CafePress Brady's Lady Sweatshirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! 10.1 oz. patented PrintProŽ fabric in a 90/10 cotton/polyester blend by HanesStandard fit Crewneck Col...
CafePress.com

Brady's Book of Fixed Stars by Bernadette Brady

Brady's Book of Fixed Stars by Bernadette Brady

Free Delivery Worldwide : Brady's Book of Fixed Stars : Paperback : RED WHEEL/WEISER : 9781578631056 : 157863105X : 01 Sep 1999
BookDepository.com

The Bradys And The Bonanza King... [paperback]

The Bradys And The Bonanza King... [paperback]

Nabu Press 9781276452748 The Bradys and the Bonanza King... [Paperback] Description This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923. This book ...

Brady's Law eBook

Brady's Law eBook

Buy Brady's Law by Bill Dugan and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 Million Titles, Includ...
Kobo eBooks

Brady's Tight End: Junior Fit Augusta Replica Football Jersey

Brady's Tight End: Junior Fit Augusta Replica Football Jersey

Make sure that football player on the field knows how much you care with a customized football jersey displaying his name and number! This cute and se...
Customized Girl

CafePress Brady's Lady Women's Light T-Shirt

CafePress Brady's Lady Women's Light T-Shirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! Women's T-Shirt100% cotton5.6 ozStandard FitTagless Crewneck CollarMachine Wash Cold
CafePress.com