Beistle 88985 - Americana Party Assortment For 10 Reviews

Beistle 88985 - Americana Party Assortment For 10

Americana New Years Eve Party Assortment Kit For 10

Jan 2, 2012
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Bright and colorful, inexpensive party supplies

Cons:Should include more leis

The Bottom Line: Inexpensive way to add a festive touch to your New Year's Eve celebration. Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

New Years Eve celebrations are a tradition for many people. It is a time to gather together with friends and family, and celebrate the passing of the old year, and bring in the new year with those who are close to you. Whether you ring in the new year at home or elsewhere, setting the mood for your New Year's Eve Party can be an important part of the celebration.

We usually decorate the tables by covering them with a disposable table cover, then add confetti and other party favors to the tables. Using the Americana New Years Eve Party Assortment Kit can save time, effort and money in your party planning because the kit includes party supplies for 10 people.

The Americana New Years Eve Party Assortment Kit comes with 5 printed party hats, 5 printed tiaras, 10 nine inch printed horns, 5 leis in assorted colors, and 20 fire resistant serpentine throws. Depending on the size of your party, you might need more than one kit, or you can mix and match this with other party kits or other supplies. Personally, I felt that there should be more of the leis included in the box because it seems that everyone wants one of those, even if they don't want some of the other materials that are included.

The hats that are included in the kit are the cone style hats with elastic strings to hold them in place. The hats, tiaras and horns are made mostly of cardboard with a shiny metallic finish. The words, "Happy New Year," are printed on them in a glittery print. The leis come in assorted colors and are made of a soft twisted poly material and can be easily slipped over your head to add a festive look. The ones we got were red, green, blue, yellow and pink. I'm not sure if this is typical, or if the colors vary from one kit to the next.

Most of the guests enjoy wearing the party hats and leis, and although I hate the noise that the horns make when someone blows through them, I suppose that I can tolerate them once a year. These are loud enough to satisfy those who are using them, but not as loud as some that we have used in the past.

The serpentine throws that came in the box came only in red and blue. Again, I'm not certain if this is typical or if they vary from one kit to the next, but this is what came in the box we used. They come tightly rolled together. You need to separate them and unroll them before tossing them into the air. Although the do make a bit of a mess, they are much easier to pick up after the party than the confetti is.

The Beistle Company has been making party supplies for many years and so far I have not found any of their products that were not high quality. You can pick up the Americana New Years Eve Party Assortment Kit for around $10-$15 which works out to only a dollar or two per person.

Happy 2012 to all, and thanks for reading!

This review is part of the following write-offs:

Nostalgia write off hosted by krial
'Tis the Season  write off hosted by bilbopooh

Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Adhesive Mustache Assortment (1) Beistle

Adhesive Mustache Assortment (1) Beistle

Adhesive Mustache Assortment (1) Includes (1) Adhesive Mustache in a variety of colors. Made of polyester fibers. Green/Purple/Yellow- 60891-GGP
Birthday Express

Beistle 52301 Stanchion Party Props

Beistle 52301 Stanchion Party Props

NEW Beistle 52301 Stanchion Party Props $9.84 $12.95 Beistle 52301 Stanchion Party Props. These props are made of a thin plastic material and measure ...

Beistle Prismatic Year Metallic Party Horns, 6 Ct. (pack Of 12)

Beistle Prismatic Year Metallic Party Horns, 6 Ct. (pack Of 12)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Beistle Prismatic New Year Metallic Party Horns, 6 Ct. (Pack of 12) Manufactured to the Highest Quality A...