Belkin Cushtop - (Black/Tan)

Belkin Cushtop Notebook Lapdesk - Keeps You Cool and Comfortable

Aug 4, 2009

Pros:Great design, stylish, and sturdy.

Cons:Wasn't able to keep my computer cool in 100 degree weather.

The Bottom Line: It's been great!

I work from home on a laptop because I have a neurological disorder. Most of my time is spent in bed or on a couch with my notebook in my lap.  For years I've been searching for a lap desk that's comfortable, at the right height, and one that works sitting up or lying down.  I've tried lots of brands and have been disappointed by all.

My laptop, an HP, gets incredibly hot and no lap desk has been able to keep it cool enough so I use a laptop cooler. This cooler adds about an 1" in height and makes working on my computer, as well as moving it from room to room, difficult.  My new lap desk, a Belkin CushTop Notebook Stand, has helped to remedy some of these issues.

The Belkin CushTop Notebook Stand is attractive and the design simple. It's made of hand-washable, microfiber upholstery fabric, so it's durable and easy to clean.  It's a firm surface that supports my 17" widescreen beautifully.  In fact, this lap desk can handle smaller computers as well by flipping over the cushion and using the opposite side.  My computer sits firmly atop the fabric and although it's designed to vent the laptop to provide a greener option for laptop cooling, it's not enough for mine so I still need to use the laptop cooler.  I'm hoping that when the weather cools (we've had record breaking heat here and just one tiny portable air conditioner) I'll be able to use it alone.  Even so, the added piece of equipment between my computer and the pad isn't too much of an issue as the open sides of the desk make moving the entire unit a breeze.  That's probably my favorite feature.  You can also use it to store a mouse or other peripherals for easy access.

The Belkin CushTop Notebook Stand comes in a variety of colors including silver, green, orange, gray, and champagne.  The best part is unlike my last desk, I'm not constantly shifting the stuffing around trying to be sure everything is padded properly and I don't need an additional bed pillow underneath to bring it to the proper height.

I'm loving the Belkin CushTop Notebook Stand and am thrilled to have finally found a solution that works for me and my physical limitations, and it does it by looking great and being comfortable.

FEATURES:
Protects your lap from a hot laptop
Uniquely designed for comfortable laptop use on the couch, bed, or floor
Features high-quality, furniture-like upholstery
Provides convenient storage pocket for your power supply and mouse

DETAILS:
For use with 15.4-inch or smaller, and 17-inch widescreen laptops
Belkin Lifetime Warranty

Product Dimensions:
15.5 x 12 x 4.5 inches ; 2.3 pounds
Item model number: F8N044-BRN

Enjoy!

Please Note:  Belkin provided me with a CushTop so that I could write an accurate review - this does not affect the authenticity of my review.

CushTop Notebook Stand is a registered trademark of Belkin International, Inc