Belkin F5D8053 (722868630891) Wireless Adapter Reviews

Belkin F5D8053 (722868630891) Wireless Adapter

Very Fast and Reliable

May 12, 2008

Pros:Extremely fast, reliable, easy to install

Cons:It was a little weird to add the network connection first but then it worked

The Bottom Line: Fast, reliable, easy to install, fairly easy to set up, can be far from the router

I have had this adapter for 5 months now and I love it. It was very easy to install and is extremely fast.

I am using it with Windows Vista and Windows XP and with the Belkin N Wireless Router.

I had used PC and notebook cards before with other wireless routers and I always had the same problem. They were very slow, I had to move my computer to get a good signal, the signal did not work if there were any interruptions on the signal path (walls, other electronics, people walking), and sometimes the signal just stopped working all of a sudden and I could not get it back no matter what I tried to do.

When I bought this one, I was expecting it to be a lot better since it was very expensive but I was completely wrong. It was not just a lot better, it was on a whole new dimension. That is the best way for me to explain it. I am very happy and more than satisfied with its performance and reliability. Here are some details:

1. Very easy to install. I inserted the CD, clicked Next, Agree, and other similar options and it was done.

2. At first it was a little confusing to add the network that I wanted to connect to because I could not find where to add the encrypted security key but instead of connecting to a network found by the device, I manually added the details and then it worked perfectly. This was all done very quickly so I do not hold it against this adapter.

3. The device connects to the Internet automatically every time I start my computer and very quickly. As soon as I can click the Internet Explorer icon on the computer, the Internet connection is already working and I do not have to wait.

4. I installed the device in my laptop and I can easily move it between my desktop and my laptop to connect to the Internet. My laptop uses Windows XP.

5. At first when I installed it in my Windows Vista computer it kept crashing my computer. Sometimes it happened every 20 minutes until I gave up for the day but sometimes it happened once a day or something like that. After calling the support line for my computer, which was about 3 or 4 days old at the time, they told me that the problem was this adapter. A little while later I downloaded a new driver for the adapter posted on the Belkin website and I have not gotten the error message in about two months now. It was just a problem of compatibility with Windows Vista but Belkin has already solved this.

6. It is so fast and reliable. I never lose my connection. I live in a brick house with two huge and thick walls between my router and my adapter. The router is on the other side of the house. And the connection is still perfect. I can download programs in seconds.

7. The price is reasonable when you think about what you get. No wasting time waiting for connections to come back and no bad moments cause by slow or disrupted connections.

I hope this helps some people who are thinking about buying this device. I absolutely love it and recommend it to everyone.

New In Box Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Network Adapter Description BELKIN MODEL: P58560-C F5D8053 WIRELESS-N USB WIRELESS ADAPTER BRAND NEW / SEALED...

Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter forNotebook PC Adapter Product Comments: New comes in original Retail Package. Outer packaging is damaged.The N ...
Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter Click an Image to Enlarge Model: F5D8053 UPC: 722868630891 Dimension: 2.3 x 5.8 x 8.5 inches WEIGHT: 0.4 lbs Wir...
Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter. Wireless Data Rates: Up to 300Mbps. Product Specifications - Wireless Data Rates: Up to 300Mbps - Operating Ran...