Belkin Surf N300 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (F7D2301) Reviews

Belkin Surf N300 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (F7D2301)

Belkin Quality Routers

Jun 29, 2010

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:It is made by Belkin, which is a well known router manufacturer. Easy to setup

Cons:None yet

The Bottom Line: A good quality router and excellent speed. Easy to setup, 24/7 support

Intro

I have been using Belkin routers and adapters for years and have always had quality service from them. I have two desktop computers and one laptop in my house and sometime I have someone using all of them at one time with no problems.
I needed to get another router after years of service from the one mentioned above. I went to Walmart and compared routers from different manufacturers and decided to stick with Belkin. Belkin makes several different routers, that have a few things different and the prices also vary, I decided on the Belkin Surf.

Package Includes

When you purchase the Belkin Surf, you get;
Surf wireless router
Power supply
Setup Cd with user manual
Networking cable

System requirements

Broadband Eternet connection
Installed network interface card with TCP/IP
Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 or Mac OS
Internet explorer or Firefox,or Safari or Avant Browser
Minimum of 64MB Ram

Wireless operating spectrum

The router operates on a 2.4Gz, which is perfect for data and web traffic.

Wireless Security

It pre-installs and configures security and has Wi-Fi protected setup, which is automatic, you don't have to do anything, more later. It has 256-bit WPA/WPA2 encryption and 64/126 WEP encryption

Reasons to purchase

It is the easiest router to get up and running that I have ever owned. First setup your router with modem and computer by plugging router into modem, plug router into wall, and use ethernet cable to connect to compuer, thats it you are done ,the router once turned on will automatically connect you to internet, just open your browser and you are off and surfing. You will need a Surf adapter if you have other desktops in your house. Laptops wich have wireless capabilities will automatically connect through router.
The main reason to install the CD that comes in package is for support and registration, Manual and self-healing function and monitor, which detects problems with router and repairs them.
My house is 1500 Sq feet and I get great, fast coverage anywhere in the house with fast speeds up to 300 Mps.

Summary

This is a router that gives you quality internet connections and you don't have to break the bank to purchase it. The cost was around $50.00 for the router and I also purchased the adapter as I have more than on desktop in the house. It gives you good quality connections and it is fast. It as mentioned above is very easy to install and setup, you will be surfing within minutes. You don't have to be a technology wizard to setup this router. I have had this one for several weeks now and I am very satisfied with the performance and reliability. It is slim and takes up very little room

Driver Availability: Windows, Linux, and Mac

With up to 300 Mbps data transfer rate, the Belkin Surf N300 router speedily moves your files and data from one location to another. The Dual-plane an...