Bentley's Finest Teas Wood Grain Tea Chest, Variety Pack Of 6 Flavors, Tea Bags, 60 Count Box

Bentley Finest Teas Wood Grain Tea Chest: Fit for tea lovers everywhere

May 26, 2008 (Updated May 27, 2008)

Pros:delicious variety of quality teas, nice box you can use when teas are gone.

Cons:none for me.

The Bottom Line: Delicious tea, elegant box...makes a wonderful gift for the tea lover in your life.

The Bentley Classic Wooden Tea Chest was a gift I received from a co-worker for Christmas. I admit to being a little surprised at first, because she knew I am a coffee addict. I will drink tea about once a week as a treat and typically drink my usual favorite Good Earth Tea. I decided to check out Bentley’s and am really glad I’ve now done that. A few of the teas included in this boxed set, I had never even tasted, but of course, I had to try them all. I have enjoyed them all immensely and will describe the names and flavors for you below.

This is a lovely set of a variety of tempting teas. Indeed, there are 60 tea bag envelopes that come in this Bentley Tea Chest. These are not just any old tea bags either, no sir, these are fine 100% Ceylon teas. I think the way the tea bags are presented is quite elegant in this nice-looking wooden chest. I had actually never seen a gift box set of tea done this way and thought it made an excellent gift. I love when you open the box each time and can catch the fragrance of the different teas too.

There are six flavors and there are 10 tea bags of each of the flavors initially sealed with a cardboard band which covers the outside of the wooden box. The various tea bags are neatly arranged. The box has a red velvet interior with a red velvet divider for the 6 types of teas. There are two rows with three types of teas in each row. The brown wooden box has a gold clasp on the outside. It measures 7 inches by 10 inches long by 2-3/4 inches deep. I'm not actually convinced that this is a “real” wood box. It looks and feels like it might be pressed wood with a photo of wood to cover it. My son didn't think it was real wood either, but whether it is wood or not is really beside the point. When all your tea is gone, you could actually, if you wanted to, remove the velvet red dividers (or keep them) and you would have a nice wooden box for whatever you wanted it to store such as buttons, earrings, etc.

These are the six different teas in this elegant Bentley collection:

Peach Essence - A high grown tea (at altitudes over 4,000 feet) which means it has grown at high altitude. This is a refreshing tea that has just a hint of sweetness and is very mild tasting. A rich aroma can be detected and this is recommended as a perfect dessert tea.

English Breakfast - Typically enjoyed as a morning tea because of it's robust flavor. Will wake you up. Known for it's hearty blend. This one is my personal favorite; I love a cup in the morning at my desk.

Tangy Raspberry - A medium grown tea (which means it is grown at medium altitudes above 2,000 feet, but less than 4,000 feet). This flavor is both slightly sweet and tart. A cup of this flavor is recommended as a wonderful afternoon treat.

Orange Spice - A low grown tea (which means it was grown at a low altitude not more than 2,000 ft above sea level). A favorite among tea drinkers in the U.S for more than three centuries. This spicy tea is enhanced with orange aromatic flavors.

Earl Grey - Black tea which was named after the Prime Minister of England. This aromatic black tea is blended with oil of the tart fruit called bergamot, which gives it unmistakable and distinct flavor.

Chinese Green Tea - Ancient Chinese classic tea. This tea, which has recently gained popularity in the states, is made of unfermented tea leaves. Its flavor is delicate and light. Feel free to enjoy a cup of green tea at any time of the day. Also, known for its health benefits.

The Legend of Tea Drinking from the box:
"The legend of Emperor Chan Nug...in the mountains along the equator grows an evergreen shrub with five-petal blossoms which resemble wild white roses. Legend has it that as far back as 2737 BC Emperor Chan Nug of China boiled the leaves of this remarkable shrub in water and drank the infusion. So began the ceremonious drinking of tea. The custom spread to neighboring Japan and all of Asia, eventually making its way to England and the European countries."

Bentley's Finest Teas uses Ceylon teas, which are thought to be among the finest teas in the world. They are highly sought after by tea lovers and connoisseurs who enjoy their full-bodied taste and heavenly fragrance.

Net weight 4.23 oz (120 g).

Bentleys Finest Teas makes a variety of gift boxes which can be found for sale on Amazon. This particular wooden gift box with 60 tea bags runs approximately $25-$30. They even have a beautifully-painted wooden gift box which sells for about $50 and includes about 180 teas. I plan to get a Bentley Tea Chest for my Dad for his birthday, because he has been a tea drinker for as long as I can remember. I know he'll love it.

Imported to the USA by Bentley's Finest Teas, Inc.
560 Hudson Street, Suite One
Hackensack, NJ 07601

Pure Ceylon Tea, packed in Sri Lanka

Ingredients: Tea, flavors

www.southernsuntea.com

(my mistake: there was no "s" in tea/teas, so this link should now work.)

~thanks for reading~

gkm.

Bentley's Finest Teas Wood Grain Tea Chest, Variety Pack of 6 Flavors, Tea Bags, 60 Count Box

Product Details Contains 60 String & Tag Tea Bags Includes 12 each of Orange Spice, Raspberry, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Peach & Oriental Treasure...
Bentleys Classic Tea Colletion Assorted Pack 30-count Packages (pack Of 4)

Bentleys Classic Tea Colletion Assorted Pack 30-count Packages (pack Of 4)

NEW Bentleys Classic Tea Colletion Assorted Pack 30-Count Packages (Pack of 4) $34.83 $46.95 You'll be tempted by a bit of green! This unique premium ...

Bentley's Green Tea, Raspberry, 24 Tea Bags with String & Tag

Bentley's Green Tea, Raspberry, 24 Tea Bags with String & Tag

Bentley's - Appreciated by Connoisseurs the World Over. Hand selected pure Green Tea. Raspberry flavor, 24 tea bags with string & tag.
Green Tea Collection Bentley's 120 Ct & Tin Container Office Home Great Gift

Green Tea Collection Bentley's 120 Ct & Tin Container Office Home Great Gift

GREEN TEA COLLECTION BENTLEY'S 120 CT TIN CONTAINER OFFICE HOME GREAT GIFT Bentley's 120-Ct. Green Tea Collection Tin Enjoy a variety of exceptional t...

Classic Tea Collection Bentley's 120 Ct & Tin Container Office Home Great Gift

Classic Tea Collection Bentley's 120 Ct & Tin Container Office Home Great Gift

CLASSIC TEA COLLECTION BENTLEY'S 120 CT TIN CONTAINER OFFICE HOME GREAT GIFT Bentley's® 120-Ct. Tea Collection Tins - Classic Tea Collection Sample e...

Bentley's Boston Tea Company Hardwood Tea Box Chest, 8 Assorted Flavors, 96 Cnt

Bentley's Boston Tea Company Hardwood Tea Box Chest, 8 Assorted Flavors, 96 Cnt

CONDITION: new. box plastic cover is damaged. box wood has nicks