Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Frosting Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip 15.50oz

Rich Canned Frosting

Apr 8, 2008

Pros:Very creamy, full of chocolate chips, super quick and easy

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Tasty, no chemical or artificial taste to it. A very easy and fast way to ice your cake.

I have always liked to make my frosting from scratch, because I didn't think you could actually buy a canned frosting that tasted homemade. My husband purchased a chocolate cake mix and a can of Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Frosting, in the Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip flavor.

One of my daycare boys just had a birthday, and we are celebrating it with cake and ice cream for snack!

Description

The frosting comes in a 15.5 ounce plastic tub. It's white with a red lid, with the product info on the label. The picture on the front of the label doesn't even do justice to this frosting! You can't see the chocolate chips in the picture, and it also looks like a deeper chocolate than it actually is.

The label states that this frosting is made with Hershey's Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips. It's kept at room temperature until ready to use.

Thoughts

I found this particular frosting very tasty, with a great taste of chocolate, and just loaded with tiny chocolate chips. The container has a plastic lid, and also a foil tear off seal, and all you do is pull the seal off and you are ready to spread your cake! Super easy and fast.

Although this would be acceptable as is, (and I tasted it to see what it tasted like first), I found that by adding a little bit of sour cream to my frosting, it made it just a little bit thinner and easier to spread. I believe that sour cream really enhances the flavor of chocolate, giving it an even richer flavor and creamier flavor.

One can was enough to frost a rectangular shaped cake pan, but there wasn't any leftover. There isn't enough frosting to spread it super thick, though, so if you like your cake loaded with frosting, I'd use a can and a half.

When the can is opened, the top portion is darker than the rest, I don't know if it gets dried out or what, but you need to stir this into the rest of the icing to get one uniform color, regardless if you add other ingredients to it or not. It still needs to be stirred first.

If you have any frosting left, you will need to refrigerate it, and it will keep for up to 30 days.

All of Betty Crocker products come with their "Quality Taste Guarantee", as they have been carefully tested in Betty Crocker kitchens, and they promise delicious homemade taste every time. Right below their promise is their web address and a toll free number. Whenever I have called to complain about a product, I have always either received a refund or a coupon for a free replacement product. They really do stand behind their products.

I'm not going to list the ingredients, and as far as nutrition facts go, yeah it's fattening. Only 2 tablespoons contains 140 calories and 5 grams of fat! But I think most people realize that frosting, no matter if it is made from scratch or purchased in a can, is not the most healthy thing to be eating.

Having this in my cupboard sure came in handy when I decided to bake a belated birthday cake on a whim. I didn't have to run to the store, and I didn't have to spend time making one from scratch. I baked a Duncan Hines cake mix, let it cool, and frosted it with this frosting. It was done in a jiffy, with very little effort on my part. I even mixed up the sour cream and frosting in the same container so I didn't have to dirty another bowl!

If you like frosting but don't like making it yourself, give Betty Crocker's a try. This is definitely a chocolate lovers variety. Very creamy, except for all of those chocolate chip chunks floating around! A very tasty icing, and it retails for under $3.00.

And be sure to donate the "Box Tops for Education" to your favorite elementary school! Each one is worth 10 cents!

Hint: The empty cans with lids make great containers for homemade play dough!

Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Rainbow Chip Frosting - Discontinued - Best By 5/14

Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Rainbow Chip Frosting - Discontinued - Best By 5/14

Betty Crocker Rich Creamy Rainbow Chip Frosting One - 16 oz. can Best by 05/2014 This item has been discontinued and is hard to find
Cotton Candy Frosting Betty Crocker Ready To Use Rich & Creamy Expire Dec 2014

Cotton Candy Frosting Betty Crocker Ready To Use Rich & Creamy Expire Dec 2014

Betty Crocker Rich Creamy Cotton Candy Cake and Cookie Frosting This listing is for three (3) tubs of Betty Crocker Ready to Use Frosting. Seasonal fl...
2 Tubs Betty Crocker Cotton Candy Rich Creamy Frosting 16oz Each

2 Tubs Betty Crocker Cotton Candy Rich Creamy Frosting 16oz Each

You are purch asing two 16 ounce tubs of Betty C rocker Cotton Candy Frosting. Each tub contains 16 ounces .Best By: 12/17/14

Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Frosting Snow Cone Blue Raspberry 16 Oz Set Of 3

Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Frosting Snow Cone Blue Raspberry 16 Oz Set Of 3

Description NIP Betty Crocker Snow Cone Frosting 15.6oz You are getting 3 containers of Snow Cone Frosting!Expiration date:January 2015 These are so g...

Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Frosting

Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Frosting

Frosting Rich and Creamy Dark Chocolate, 16 Ounce.
Soap.com

Betty Crocker Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix + Rich & Creamy Cherry Frosting

Betty Crocker Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix + Rich & Creamy Cherry Frosting

Try-The-Best-of-This-Year American Grocery Household Supplies All food items are New Fresh International Shipping Available Betty Crocker Super Moist ...

Betty Crocker Frosted Premium Brownie Mix with Hershey's, 19.1 oz

Betty Crocker Frosted Premium Brownie Mix with Hershey's, 19.1 oz

Enjoy a delicious chocolaty treat with this Betty Croker Hershey's Brownie Mix. It features the real taste of Hershey's cocoa and comes with a rich an...