Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix 18.25oz

Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Butter Recipe Chocolate

Mar 30, 2008

Pros:General Mills Betty Crocker offers a nice variety in their cake mix line.

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Shelf life is long for cake mix, if you use SuperMoist® Chocolate Butter Recipe mix as the basis for other desserts; a pack of 12 may not be too many.

Because Butter Chocolate cake is excellent as the foundation for desserts other than just a layer cake; this is one of the cake mixes I do try to have on hand.

I tend to keep two or three cake mixes to -prepare as the basis for a special dessert- in the pantry for times when I know company may be coming. Furthermore, I like to keep two or three – prepare as is cake mixes – on hand as well. Should I notice company coming up the lane I grab the chocolate most of the time. When company is expected, then the dessert served is likely to be a tad fancier.

Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Cake Mixes can most generally be found in stores. I do find Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Chocolate Butter Recipe at Wal Mart. I see too that this flavor is offered on Amazon, and other online grocery shopping sites.

I find Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Chocolate Butter Recipe is offered only in a multi pack of 12 on the Amazon site. SuperMoist® Chocolatemix is one mix that lends itself to multiple uses. Shelf life is pretty long for cake mix, if you use SuperMoist® Chocolate Butter Recipe cake mix as the basis for other desserts; then a pack of 12 may not be too many.

If you only like to prepare a Butter Recipe Chocolate cake now and again; then you might want to make an order with a friend or two and each of you take 3 or 4 packets of the mix, or you might want to order the more expensive, single packet. I find the product does freeze well whether as a baked cake, or in original packaging as a mix.

Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Chocolate Butter Recipe can be had online in multiple packs at the Amazon site and on several other of the grocery sites. THE FIND. COM site lists single packages of a variety of Betty Crocker products, including Chocolate at $3.15 per package, $21.48 by the case.

Most times I find the price per single package of Betty Crocker mix costs about $2.50 at our local Wal Mart, at times Wal Mart runs specials and mixes will be offered for about a dollar; I try to buy several when the price is down. Prices for mixes and the like may be expected to continue increasing due to the rising transportation costs.

I am particularly pleased that General Mills products are -Made in the U.S.A.- I prefer to buy items that are made by US citizens on US soil. I like to know that companies are willing to provide jobs for United States citizens.

Under the Betty Crocker logo General Mills offers a nice variety in their cake mix line. Chocolate is only one of the flavors. Betty Crocker offers flavors in the ‘big three; chocolate, yellow and white’ as well as producing a line of specialty flavors including, Butter Pecan, Spice, Carrot and Strawberry which may not be as trendy but are all very tasty too.

==========================
Major Ingredients in the dry mix

Sugar, Enriched Flour Bleached, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Carob Powder, Modified Corn Starch, Corn Starch, Leavening

As always, SuperMoist mixes have pudding in the mix.

ALLERGENS: gluten, soy, corn, artificial flavor, milk,

Nutrition Information per prepared cake

Based on twelve servings per prepared cake
Each serving 250 calories
3 g Protein

=============================

Preparation Directions

1-1/4 C water
1/3 C vegetable oil, can substitute applesauce without sacrificing flavor, texture or overall appearance MIX contains pudding, no need to add extra
3 eggs

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9 in. pan or bottom and sides of all other pans; I like to use paper baking cups for cupcakes.
3. Beat cake mix, water, oil or applesauce and eggs in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Do not overbeat for best results.
4. Pour into bake pan.
5. Bake as directed below or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting.

Bake time: 13 x 9 in. 28-33 minutes; Two 8 in. rounds 27-32; Two 9 in. rounds 23-28; 24 Cupcakes (2/3 full) 15-20; Bundt 33-38.

Decrease bake time by 2-3 minutes if using dark or nonstick pan.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Do not use 8 in. rounds. Stir 2 tbsp. flour into dry cake mix.
If using whole eggs, bake time (in minutes): 13 x 9 in. 33-38, 9 in. rounds 28-32, Bundt 43-48.
If using egg whites, bake time (in minutes): 13 x 9 in. 30-35, 9 in. rounds 25-30, Bundt 40-45, for cupcakes, use paper baking cups. Makes 30 cupcakes. Bake 17-22.

Egg White Recipe: Use 3 egg whites instead of whole eggs.

As prepared, one serving provides 280 calories (100 calories from fat), 11g fat (2.5 g saturated, 1 g trans, 2.5 g polyunsaturated, 3.5g monounsaturated) and 0mg cholesterol.

Baking time variables include altitude, size and type of pan used, individual ovens. I like using a 13 X 9 pan… it has its own lid.

===============================

Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Chocolate Butter Recipe can be prepared as a layer or rectangular cake baked and stored frosted, or unfrosted in freezer.

I prefer using either a cream cheese icing, or a chocolate icing on Butter Recipe Chocolate cake.

I find the Betty Crocker® Ready-To-Serve Creamy Cream Cheese or Creamy Chocolate frosting in tubs to be a good choice when neither inclination or time to prepare an icing for cake from scratch hits. Other choices for icing might be Homestyle Fluffy White, or Rich & Creamy Butter Cream, Strawberry or Lemon.

I have used different Betty Crocker® icings with nice success, the fluffy white is my least fav, the creamy butter flavors are creamy and buttery. The lemon is a pleasant, tart enough, not cloying sweet creamy frosting while the Strawberry can be a nice alternative to the usual chocolate on chocolate.

I am fond of drop in company, and I enjoy having something in the freezer, at the ready, appetizing and easy to serve to friends who stop by. When I do bake I try to prepare two or more cakes, set a whole, or perhaps one half of a sheet cake out for snacking and put the balance in the freezer for serving later, or when unexpected company comes driving up the lane

I also enjoy Betty Crocker® Butter Recipe Chocolate especially when used as a foundation for other desserts. The taste is chocolatety and full of flavor, when baked in the 13 X 9 pan I never have a problem with either baking or storing on counter for snacking.

=======================================
Recipe using Betty Crocker® SuperMoist®

During my childhood our –holiday- cake was one my mother prepared using a recipe variously known as –Depression Cake- or –Eggless, Milkless, Butterless Cake-. It was a rich, chocolate, TOOK ALL DAY TO PREPARE cake.

I want the taste, I don’t want the TAKES ALL DAY TO PREPARE.

I make a fair approximation by using Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Butter Recipe Chocolate mix.

Prepare the batter as per instructions on the box, add ½ to one C chopped pecans, 1 C raisins, 1 C miniature chocolate chips and allspice to taste. I like spicy, I add about ½ T, or whatever the palm of a small hand might hold. I am one of those who cooks by some of this and some of that dry ingredient poured into my hand and tossed into the mix. Exact measurements are hard to come by.

I bake my cake in a bundt pan or in my old standby, 13 X 9 rectangle pan, with the lid for storing cooled baked cake on the counter following baking.

Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix is first-rate whether baked as a layer cake, as a sheet cake or as the basis for desserts other than just a layer cake. Betty Crocker® Butter Recipe Chocolate is one of the cake mixes I do try keep in my pantry.

Happy to recommend.

===================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===================

I find Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Butter Recipe Chocolate Mix is offered in a multi pack of 12 on the Amazon site. $22.35

Product and Shipping Information from the Amazon Site:
Case of 12 18.25-ounce packages of cake mix (total of 219 ounces)

Made with Hershey's Dutch cocoa, sugar, and enriched flour
Delicious pudding in every mix
Easy to prepare; just add water, butter, and egg
Delightfully indulgent cake mixes made in the United States
Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 1.5 x 7.6 inches ; 1.3 pounds
Shipping Weight: 15.6 pounds
Shipping: This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states.
We regret it cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.
Note: Gift-wrapping is not available for this item.
ASIN: B000EMK57W

www.GeneralMills.com
General Mills Blvd.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55426
United States

Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix

Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix

Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Betty Crocker Cake Mix Yellow Flavor Always super moist with pudding in the mix! This item...

Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix Lemon Rich & Creamy Frosting Set

Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix Lemon Rich & Creamy Frosting Set

Betty Crocker Super Moist Devils Food Cake Mix

Betty Crocker Super Moist Devils Food Cake Mix

Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Betty Crocker Cake Mix Devil's Food Chocolate Flavor Always super moist with pudding in th...

Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix Milk Chocolate Rich & Creamy Frosting Set

Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix Milk Chocolate Rich & Creamy Frosting Set

Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix 16.25 Oz

Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix 16.25 Oz

Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Betty Crocker Cake Mix White Flavor Always super moist with pudding in the mix! This item ...

Betty Crocker Super Moist Strawberry Cake Mix Whipped Mist Frosting Set

Betty Crocker Super Moist Strawberry Cake Mix Whipped Mist Frosting Set

Betty Crocker Cupcake Maker, Pink

Betty Crocker Cupcake Maker, Pink

Get more done in your kitchen with this Betty Crocker Cupcake Maker.

Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix, Gluten Free, 15 oz

Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix, Gluten Free, 15 oz

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix - Life is sweeter with Betty Crocker cakes. No matter the occasion, Betty Crocker has the perfect mix. Celeb...
Diapers.com

Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix 15.25 Oz

Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix 15.25 Oz

Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Betty Crocker Cake Mix Carrot Flavor Always super moist with pudding in the mix! This item...