Betty Crocker Supermoist Cake Mix, Strawberry, 18.25 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 12) Reviews

Betty Crocker Supermoist Cake Mix, Strawberry, 18.25 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 12)

Betty Crocker SuperMoist Strawberry Cake Mix

May 4, 2008 (Updated Jul 25, 2012)

Pros:mix produces delicate pink, delicious cake

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: I enjoy Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Strawberry cake as another choice from the regular white, yellow or chocolate cake.

Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Cakes are just that; nice and moist. NOTE: there is 1 C of pudding in every moist cake mix. For a change from the usual chocolate, yellow or white mix I like to use one of the specialty mixes now and then;  SuperMoist Strawberry Cake Mix is one of the mixes I like to use for variety in my cake baking.

As a rule I can find  SuperMoist® Strawberry Cake Mix on the shelf in our local Wal Mart. As well, I do see this mix offered on Amazon, and other online grocery shopping sites. The mix is offered as a multi pack of 12 on Amazon. Shelf life of cake mix is pretty long, and I find that the cake baked from a mix that I have had on the shelf for several weeks or months is as delicious as the one made from a more recent purchase.

While I do not bake nearly so much as I did during the days when sons were living at I hope I do continue to bake some. When I do bake; I generally bake up three cakes. I set one out for snacking and put two in the freezer for serving later. I do like unexpected company, and I like having something standing by, handy, and flavorsome to serve to visitors.

I have found both layer or rectangular cakes can be baked and stored frosted, or unfrosted in freezer. I often bake 3 rectangular cakes in 3 Tupperware® 9 X 13 pans which I bought while still living in California nearly 20 years ago. The pans came with plastic lids, I use these to store the cakes in the freezer.

Having those 3 cakes on the ready for thawing means stress free, ready at a moments notice if need be. Note: another, sheet type pan serves a the cover when the larger cake is removed from the freezer. Cake thawed tastes and appears as fresh baked, and does not last long on the counter whether sons have been visiting or not.

I prefer using a cream cheese frosting when making SuperMoist Strawberry Cake. But then, I prefer cream cheese icing whatever the cake.

I find the Ready-To-Serve Creamy Cream Cheese is a good choice if you do not have time to prepare from scratch. Other choices for frosting Strawberry cake might be Homestyle Fluffy White, Rich & Creamy Butter Cream or any of the various Betty Crocker® chocolates. While the fluffy white is my least favorite icing, many folks do enjoy it very much, the creamy butter tastes creamy and buttery, each Betty Crocker® chocolate is tasty and creamy.

Major Ingredients
Sugar, Enriched Flour Bleached, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil,

Allergen warning wheat, soy, corn, artificial color and flavor, and milk ingredients.

Certified Kosher

Total Carbohydrate 34g
Sugars 19g
Protein 1g
============================

General Mills® has developed a broad variety in their cake mix stable. Under the Betty Crocker® brand SuperMoist® Cakes mixes are available as Butter Pecan &#149 Butter Recipe Chocolate &#149 Butter Recipe Yellow&#149 Carrot &#149 Cherry Chip &#149 Chocolate Fudge &#149 Dark Chocolate &#149 Devil's Food &#149 French Vanilla &#149 German Chocolate &#149 Golden Vanilla &#149 Lemon &#149 Milk Chocolate &#149 Vanilla &#149 Rainbow Chip &#149 Spice &#149 Strawberry &#149
&#149 Triple Chocolate Fudge &#149 White &#149 Yellow

I find the price per single packet of SuperMoist® Cakes mixes is running close to $2.50 at our local market. Rising transportation and shelf space charges are causing all food items to become more costly. When I find Wal Mart offering any specials on cake mix I try to buy several whatever the flavor. Mixes will often cost about a dollar when on special and; I try to buy several when the price is down.

As always I am quite pleased that General Mills products are -Made in the U.S.A.- I always prefer to buy items that are made by US citizens on US soil. I continue to prefer knowing that companies are willing to provide jobs for United States citizens.

========================================.
PREPARATION as directed on the box. I use applesauce in place of vegetable oil.

Mix 1-1/4 cups water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 3 eggs

1. Heat oven to 350&#8304 degrees F (any pan type). Grease bottom only of 13 x 9 inch pan or bottom and sides of all other pans (use paper baking cups for cupcakes).
2. Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake as directed below or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Cool completely before frosting.

Bake time (in minutes): 13 x 9 in. 33-38;
Yield: Two 8 in. rounds 33-38; Two 9 in. rounds 28-33; 24 Cupcakes (2/3 full) 21-26; Bundt pan 38-43. Decrease bake time by 2-3 minutes if using dark or nonstick pan.

============================

SuperMoist® Strawberry Cake mix generates a delicate &#150girl cake- in Husband&#146s opinion. The cake bakes up a nice delicate pink perfect for a little girl, or not so little girl&#146s birthday or just for anyone who happens to enjoy the taste of strawberry.

NOTE: When preparing the cake one of the add ins listed is vegetable oil. While any fruit puree can be used in place of the called for oil, I often use applesauce, when making SuperMoist® Strawberry Cake I like to use strawberry puree. I puree frozen strawberries and use in place of the oil for a more healthful, and strawberry flavored cake.

A recipe even my husband likes: STRAWBERRY CAKE
Pre Heat oven to 350°F
(325°F for glass, dark or nonstick pans).
Spray two 9 inch cake pans with PAM
Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Strawberry cake mix
1 1/4 C water
1/3 C strawberry puree
3 eggs

1 jar strawberry jam (I FIND THE CHEAPER HOUSE BRANDS ARE OFTEN MORE STRAWBERRY)
1 tub Betty Crocker® cream cheese frosting, or icing flavor of your preference

1. Mix cake mix, water and eggs. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pans. I use glass.

2. Bake as directed on mix box. Cool 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely.

3. Frost cake with choice of frosting: your own or a tub of Betty Crocker® icing. I prefer Cream Cheese

4. For fancy: Split each cake horizontally into 2 layers. I use dental floss, wrap each end around forefinger and slash through the layer to produce two thin layers from each single layer.

5. Place split layer, cut side down on serving plate, mine is glass, non footed. Note: a dab of icing on the plate will hold the layer in place as you continue the assembly process.

6. Spread split layer with 1/3 C strawberry jam.

7. Add bottom half of thin layer, cut side down; spread with a thin layer of cream cheese frosting.

8. Add top of second layer, cut side up; spread with 1/3 C jam.

9. Add bottom of split layer.

10. Frost side and top of cake with liberal layer of frosting.
==========================

Especially because I have returned to working full time, I teach, I like to keep a cake mix or two in the pantry for those times when I know company may be coming. With sons no longer living at home and the cake eaters here are reduced to only Husband and I; I do not bake as I once did. It is amazing how 2 teenaged males suddenly become 6 or 8 when a cake is coming out of the oven.

In this day of rising fuel prices I do not like shopping everyday. Even though we drive near to the Wal Mart on the daily trip home from my school; I find shopping once a month and then not venturing back to WalMart for several weeks works better for me.

In addition to the various mixes I have in the pantry; I like to keep two or three mixes to use as the foundation for desserts other than just layer or sheet cake baking. Should I see company driving in the lane toward the house I grab the universal favorite chocolate most of the time. I like drop in company whether sons, their friends or other friends.

When company is expected, then the dessert waiting on the counter is likely to be a bit fancier. Because  SuperMoist Strawberry Cake Mix is superb as the underpinning for tasty desserts other than merely baked up as a layer cake; this is one of the cake mixes I often have on hand.

I enjoy  SuperMoist Strawberry cake as another choice from the regular white, yellow or chocolate cake. The flavor is delicate, strawberry and appetizing. I most often bake in the 13 X 9 pan and have no problem with either baking the cake or placing on the counter for snacking.

I do like using  SuperMoist Strawberry mix as the basis for generating a range of other cakes and goodies. Happy to recommend.

Reviewed by Molly Reviews
molly martin

For Product and Shipping Details please click the SEE IT button

---------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding General Mills, Betty Crocker  Corporation .

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding where items are offered, safety standards regarding materials used,  and suitability for classroom usage due to expertise of designers and the publisher or other pertinent classroom based information ,

Please Read;

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

------------------------------------------
Internet search including General Mills and Betty Crocker website indicates: When Cadwallader C. Washburn formed the Minneapolis Milling Company in 1856 he was unaware just how all encompassing a company he had launched.

1880, Washburn and Crosby entered their finest flours in competition at the first International Millers’ Exhibition in Cincinnati, Ohio, winning the gold, silver and bronze medals, and establishing the Washburn Crosby Company’s flour as the best in the world.  Gold Medal flour has long been the number 1 flour sold in theUSA.

When the Washburn Crosby Company, a forerunner of General Mills, received a flood of questions  about baking, “Betty Crocker” was created as a signature to personalize the company’s replies.

Much if not all General Mills products are -Made in theU.S.A.-I like that; I prefer to buy items that are made by US citizens on US soil.  I like to know that companies are willing to provide jobs forUnited Statescitizens.

1996 General Mills proudly launched Box Tops for Education inCaliforniaon Big G cereals including Cheerios®, Total®, Lucky Charms® and other family favorites.

General Mills Box Tops for Education program has now been in existence for nearly two decades of helping schools earn needed extra cash.  Especially for small schools, such as the one where I teach today, the program provides extra library books and other niceties the kids might otherwise not find at our school.

From cereals to paper products, Each coupon is worth 10¢ to schools.  Thanks to dedicated school coordinators, Box Tops celebrates reaching the $250 million mark, continuing its tradition of making a difference for schools, teachers and kids, year after year.

Visit boxtops4education dot com for more great ideas to earn cash for schools

General Mills Blvd.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55426
United States

Try-The-Best-of-This-Year American Grocery Household Supplies All food items are New Fresh International Shipping Available Betty Crocker Super Moist ...
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Betty Crocker ...
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Betty Crocker ...