Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque Reviews

Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque

Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque - NOT Your Last Call in Hair Treatments

Feb 12, 2008 (Updated Feb 12, 2008)

Pros:Inexpensive

Cons:smell, beads

The Bottom Line: The Bottom Line is you can do better than this.

My hair is usually mad at me. I tend to wait forever to get it trimmed, and I abuse it with hair dryers and flat irons often. It amazes me that my hair hasn't completely given up on me and fallen out.

Now I know that nothing "repairs" hair like a good cut hair. But still I try and push the envelope with products I have just so I don't have to go make an appointment and sit in the chair. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Every weekend I try and "pay back" my hair for staying with me by taking a break from products, heat, and styling. I often try and use a cleansing shampoo and deep treating conditioner to help my hair soften back up ... and get ready for the work week.

One product that I tried was Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque. I am always a sucker for Beyond the Zone products, eye catching and found typically at Sally's Beauty Salons. I love the packaging and the price for each product is typically less than $5.00! The wording on this particular product really called to me as well:

Do you have dried or fried straw-like hair? After coloring, bleaching and styling, hair can get brittle and dehydrated.

Yep, that's me!

Description
For battered and abused hair
Repairs damaged hair
Strengthens and adds nourishment
Leaves hair soft and smooth

Okay, that sounded right up my alley! I knew probably the only thing I'd need to watch out for was the product being too heavy/oily. So far that's really been my only problem with "deep" conditioners is that some times they are designed with too much grease that does not seem to absorb into my hair but rather coat it, leaving it un-stylable and stringy when dried.

The Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque is sold 2 ways - a 1 ounce packet or a 7.2 ounce tub. I chose the 1 ounce packet for about $1.50 - why would I buy a full size if I didn't know if I liked it? I used the whole packet on my head, though I probably could have divided this stuff up into 2 uses.

Following directions I worked this product into my towel dried hair and waited 5 minutes before washing out. I couldn't find a shower cap or anything so I wrapped my hair lightly in a bath towel.

The product I noticed was thick, sort of like a face mask (thinner and more pliable than a clay mask though). It was a very pale orange color with these odd "microbeads" that were bright purple. They sort of reminded me of those "aroma beads" that are sometimes put in body washes. The beads were not strong enough to be there for exfoliating, and they did "pop" when I squeezed them in my fingertips.

Either way I massaged it all in.

The product felt kind of soothing and luxurious (once you got over the "bead" thing). It was creamy and thick and I felt like I was about to do something wonderful for my hair.

And then the smell.

I've tried to decipher it myself; I've even read up on others feelings of the product to see if it was just me. This stuff just plain smells bad. Should you require further description I'd say it smells like a cross between stale circus peanuts and soil out by a cow pasture. Yes, that bad.

After enduring the 5 minutes of smell I quickly washed off all of the product. You have to be sure to get every little bead out of your hair (they are bright purple after all!) and really rinse the product off. I must admit my hair felt soft wet, though the smell still lingered.

I allowed my hair to air dry (something I typically do after deep treatments). The smell faded after a few hours when the hair was completely dry. My hair didn't really look all that better (I swear some things I use in my hair I feel like a queen afterward!) and though it felt "softer" I could still feel it a little dry as well. Even though it's been weeks since my last hair cut and I am overdue, other products that I have been using lately seem to do a more effective job.

And that's just the sum of it all - Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque smelled bad and was just okay. Nothing I'd feel I'd need to use again, and nothing I'd really recommend. I think there are many more effective hair treatments out there. At least it wasn't overly greasy.

Keep looking ....

Beyond The Zone Pro Formula Bored Straight Super Sexy& Silky Smooth 10 0z

Beyond The Zone Pro Formula Bored Straight Super Sexy& Silky Smooth 10 0z

ajkat58 Store BEYOND THE ZONE PRO FORMULA BORED STRAIGHT FORM N HAIR STRAIGHTENER-SUPER SEXY EXTRA STRAIGHT HAIR-RELAXES CURL TEMPORARILY-LEAVES HAIR ...

Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Condition Your Curls With Saucy Style 6 Oz

Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Condition Your Curls With Saucy Style 6 Oz

BEYOND THE ZONE NOODLE HEAD CONDITION YOUR CURLS DEFINE AND CONDITION WITH SAUCY STYLE. LEAVE IN CONDITIONER. NEW 6 OZ. FREE SHIPPING... AS PICTURED

Success Beyond Your Imagination: Working In the Zone eBook

Success Beyond Your Imagination: Working In the Zone eBook

Buy Success Beyond Your Imagination: Working In the Zone by Dr. Robert Puff and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection o...
Kobo eBooks

Beyond The Comfort Zone

This item is printed on demand. This is a POD item (reproduction/reprint). Used, Average Condition. May Ship From Overseas, Free Upgrade to Priority S...

Beyond The Comfort Zone

This item is printed on demand. This is a POD item (reproduction/reprint). Brand New, Perfect Condition. May Ship From Overseas, Free Upgrade to Prior...
Split Ends: BeYoNd the HaiR                              eBook

Split Ends: BeYoNd the HaiR eBook

Buy Split Ends: BeYoNd the HaiR by Lisa Golan / Susan Wilson and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vas...
Kobo eBooks