Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Flat Iron Protection Reviews

Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Flat Iron Protection

Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Flat Iron Protection - Too Greasy

Dec 20, 2005

Pros:Inexpensive

Cons:Too oily for my hair

The Bottom Line: Not ideal for my hair.

I really hate it when I read about a product that could be ideal for me, try it, really try to love it, and end up really not liking it. I sometimes wonder what I am doing wrong with the product ... and in the end realize that for whatever reason it is not a product for me.

Such is the case with Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Flat Iron Protection. I flat iron my hair with my Chi Flat Iron almost daily, and have been looking for a more inexpensive treatment to protect my hair from heat damage than the pricey Sebastian Shaper Iron Works Hot Tools Protecting Spray I was using.

I really love going to my local Sally's Beauty Supply store, they have great prices and are fun to shop - I especially love the Beyond The Zone products. So it was no surprise that I was going to try Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Flat Iron Protection after reading about it here.

It comes in an 8.5 oz plastic, orange tinted spray bottle and is pretty easy to use. I love the basic and yet colorful design - and the picture of the flat iron on the front of it. It is designed as a simple spray bottle with pump - and the directions pretty straightforward; just a few spray pumps into the hair and then comb through.

From the site:

"Use with flat irons or any heated appliance to protect hair from heat damage.

- Leaves hair soft and manageable while providing a luxurious shine
- Seals the cuticle for smooth looking, healthy hair
- For straight, shiny, silky smooth hair

Usage Tips
Can be used on damp or dry hair. Hold bottle 6-8 inches from hair, spray lightly and comb through to the ends. Use any heated appliance to achieve desire style."

I only use this on dry hair - either hair that has been blown dry or air dryed, but usually with this product on air dryed hair. Though simple to use and overall effective, I find myself just not loving this product, though I love the price.

It just seems to make my hair look greasy, no matter how few sprays I seem to use. I have found a fairly effective way to use this spray (just a few sprays on my hair while flipped upside down and then combed through really well), so that I am using up the bottle that I've already purchased, but it even irritates me that I have to "play" with the product to make it work. Ideally I am looking for a product I can just spray in, style, and "go" - and Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Flat Iron Protection just doesn't offer enough of that to me.

It seems to me this product really only works in my hair when I want it really, really flat - with no flips or fullness to it. That is a look I do create some days, but more for a change and not a typical style for my every day (I like my straight hair, but fuller and with some body). My hair does feel pretty soft after I use this product, which is nice, but it lays there so flat that I often find myself just not really liking it.

To me, Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Flat Iron Protection is just too much work - and while a "spray and go" kind of product, I have to tweak how I use it to make it workable, and I just don't like the look of this product on my hair. I much prefer a leave in while wet product like Beyond The Zone Straight Shot Straightening Balm and so will stick with that product instead.

Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Protection Spray

Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Protection Spray

Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Protection Spray Features Use with any heat styling appliance Leaves hair soft and manageable Seals the cuticle for s...