Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz Herbal Tea 6 Boxes 20 Bags each Reviews

Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz Herbal Tea 6 Boxes 20 Bags each

+$5.95 shipping LuckyVitamin.com

Pomegranate Pizzazz Herb Tea

Oct 19, 2009

Pros:great sweet, fruity flavor
no artificial flavors
herbal tea (no caffeine)
individually wrapped tea bags

Cons:None!

The Bottom Line: For those looking for a sweet and fruity tea, look no further than Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz!

I drink hot tea year-round.  With an endless variety of flavors, styles, and types of teas, it is something my taste buds never tire of.  Tea is good for me too, which is an added benefit.  One of my longstanding favorites is Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz.

Packeging
All Bigelow brand teas come in a box where each tea bag is individually wrapped.  This ensures the freshness of each tea bag, and allows me to be able to take it with me easier.  The notch at the top of the packet allows for easy opening, exposing the tea bag inside.  The string attached to the teabag is attached with a staple, so don't put this into your microwave.

About The Tea
Pomegranate Pizzazz is an herbal tea.  It contains no caffeine, and is flavored with real fruit juice from concentrate.  The package states to steep it for 3-5 minutes.  I usually try to steep mine for the full 5 minutes to obtain the strong flavor.  When the tea bag touches the hot water, there is an almost immediate swirl of dark pink coming from the bag as the tea begins to brew.  The water will turn a nice deep pink to purple, and the aroma produced is delightful.  The aroma reminds me of a high quality pomegranate scented candle.

Flavor
I generally use about 15 oz of water per tea bag, and I find that with a full brewing, it produces a nice rich flavor.  This tea is very sweet all by itself, and I find absolutely no need to add sugar to it.  Pomegranate flavor is generally a bold one, and this tea is no different.  If you really don't care for fruit-flavored teas, this one certainly isn't for you.  But, if you like naturally sweet ones, here it is!

Ingredients
Apple, Hibiscus, Blackberry Leaves, Natural Pomegranate and Other Natural Flavors, Orange Peel, Malic Acid, Licorice Root, Natural Pomegranate and Apple Juices From Concentrate

These ingredients look wonderful (no "artificial flavors"), except for the malic acid.  Upon looking that one up, I found it is naturally occurring in fruits like grapes and apples, and is added to foods to increase their tartness.  I didn't find this tea to really be "tart" but I suppose some people might.  I'm not sure why this ingredient was added, but I guess it could have been worse.

Overall
Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz is a lovely tea year-round.  I haven't tried it iced, but my mom has and she thinks it is quite good that way.  Because it has real pomegranate in it, some places charge more for this than other flavors of the same brand.  Generally, I can find it for $2.50 to $3.00 for a box of 20 individually wrapped tea bags.  When I'm really in the mood for a sweet and fruity hot tea, this is my first pick.

Bigelow Tea Pomegranate Pizzazz Herb Tea - 20 Tea Bags (1.18 oz. / 33 g) Bigelow Tea Pomegranate Pizzazz Herb Tea is all natural and caffeine free wit...
LuckyVitamin.com

Two (2) boxes of Pomegranate Pizzazz Herbal Tea, 20 individually foil wrapped tea bags per box. Net Wt. 1.18 oz. (33g).Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, b...