Bigelow's Constant Comment

Cream don't curdle w/ Black . BigelowTea can be drank the 'english' way

Mar 23, 2011 (Updated Mar 23, 2011)

Pros:Fairly inexpensive, delicious orange sweet spice. Steeps pefect per instruction

Cons:If over-steeped, bitter !

The Bottom Line: Hearty fruit, spice black tea, entices taste buds. Chills well, 100% natural. No bleached bags in own foil-sealed pouch.

If you enjoy bold rich heartier teas that are not green, white or red or even herbal for that matter, Bigelow has a variety of black teas your palette may enjoy. I enjoy a rich finest tea blend my cup will accept, and if its not distinct in flavor, I probably pass. This one I don’t and occasionally it fits right into a mid afternoon non-coffee experience.

Equally rich in acidic activity as a cup of mild caffeinated coffee, this black tea, Bigelow's Constant Comment is combined with natural fruit essence to deliver a famous delicious blend, or so the box says and so do I. This has been enjoyed at my breaks for many years while breakfast tables and lunch areas have had it on hand since Ruth Bigelow began in 1945.

This not just a drinking experience as tea consumption has an art to it and has become known now as an event of delectable or disastrous emphasis. This is delectable . . . Now on with the review

|| ALLERGIES ||

If you have developed rashes, shortness of breath or any other strange symptom after ingesting citrus fruits, consult your doctor before consuming this. There is orange rind and sweet spices in Bigelow's Constant Comment.

|| APPEARANCE ||

In a cute rectangular orange and gold and black box with some white lettering, 28 individual tea bags sealed in their own unique foiled package that tear open, stand ready to delight you.

The bags do not appear to be bleached for they are not ‘bright white’; however there is a staple from the tag to the porous translucent paper and it folds neatly at bottom inward to hold loose tea inside.

|| BENEFITS ||

It has been discovered by leading researchers who study this stuff that black tea more hearty than white, green or red is the fully oxidized leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. This particular plant itself is concentrated with antioxidant properties while being rich in sweet and slightly tart flavors of rind and essence.

Rich in flavor these Bigelow's Constant Comment black teas have 30-60 mg caffeine which is not equal to a cup of strong Starbucks coffee for example, in fact its ¼ to ½ the amount found in coffee, so less is bess . . .

|| COST ||

It really depends on how much or how little you want of this Bigelow's Constant Comment tea around. I found for a case of 6 boxes each holding 240 teabags would cost $28.95; while one canister of 134g would cost $6.50 but the box of 28 bags at any grocery store would be about $4.oo including tax.

|| INGREDIENTS ||

This one is easy as only 4 exist: black tea, orange rinds ground, spices ground & natural flavor

|| NEGATIVES ||

If you over steep, well past the 2 minimum and three maximum, your tea will be bitter rather than sweet.

|| SMELL ||

A distinct orange rind but laced with nutmeg, cinnamon, perhaps a subtle anise and some wildflower. Bigelow's Constant Comment is very pungent through the bag held up to nostrils but more calm once steeped properly in hot water.

|| TASTE ||

A very sweet delightful even without sugar or honey or Agave added to it, it alone is distinct with profound orange rind laced ever so gently with nutmeg, cinnamon, perhaps a subtle anise and some wildflower.

|| VERDICT (my) ||

This gives me a cozy comfy feeling as I usually enjoy my non-herbal teas the English way, with cream, milk and a hint of sweetener. This does not curdle when poured over the cool milk; but if you add cold to hot not a pretty site.

I often accompany Bigelow's Constant Comment with a dessert item, snack food and/or a good movie to curl up the couch and delve right in. The aroma is pleasant and invites you to enjoy, as I do, so what are you waiting for ?

Blended and packed in the USA

I rate this Bigelow favorite **** ½ stars

Enjoy !

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea, 20-count Boxes (pack Of 6)

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea, 20-count Boxes (pack Of 6)

Visit our Store Ask a question FREE SHIPPING Bigelow Constant Comment Tea, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6) Upgrade to 2-Day Air for just $5.99! Item Descri...

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 20-count Boxes (pack Of 6)

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 20-count Boxes (pack Of 6)

NEW Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6) 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDW...

Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference eBook

Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference eBook

Buy Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference by Bigelow, Stephen J. and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection...
Kobo eBooks

Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference Stephen Tech Help Free Ship

Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference Stephen Tech Help Free Ship

Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference Stephen Tech Help FREE SHIP Greetings from Michigan! Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Refer...
Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference by Stephen J. Bigelow

Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference by Stephen J. Bigelow

Free Delivery Worldwide : Bigelow's Printer Troubleshooting Pocket Reference : Paperback : McGraw-Hill Education - Europe : 9780071354202 : 0071354204...
BookDepository.com

Bob Bigelow's Coaching Youth Basketball The Right Way - Focusing on the Fundamentals

with Bob Bigelow, world-renowned expert (has conducted over 2500 clinics) on youth sports and coaching youth basketball. Former 1st round NBA draft pi...
Championship Productions

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 1 Each

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 1 Each

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 28 Bags 1 Individually wrapped bag Ingredients: black tea, rind of oranges, sweet spice, natural flavor. Caffe...
Coffeeup.com

Constant Comment

Constant Comment

Plastic with enameled copper rings. Sterling silver earwires. 1.75 inches
Grayson Design Studio
Bigelow Tea, Constant Comment Tea 28 / Box

Bigelow Tea, Constant Comment Tea 28 / Box

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago, Constant Comment tea is America's most popular specialty tea. Bigelow Tea Constant Comm...
The WEBstaurant Store