Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle

Billy Blanks Full Throttle pushes me to my limits. A tough, effective workout.

Nov 12, 2010 (Updated Nov 12, 2010)

Pros:Super calorie burner, upper body workout, tones all muscles, challenging, with/without Amplifier bar

Cons:Warm up/cool down too short, very fast paced, more upper than lower body work

The Bottom Line: Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped Full Throttle is an intense, insanely fast paced workout that'll burn calories and tone muscles fast. Use the Amplifier bar for even better results.

Plot Details: This opinion reveals everything about the movie's plot.

I have the entire Billy Blanks Amped workout set which includes his Amplifier Sculpting Bar. This workout can be done with or without that bar or you can just use wrist weights or even small hand weights to get the same effect. No matter how you do this workout, you WILL burn calories and feel sore the next day!

About Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle

This DVD was released in December 2007. It has a run time of 55 minutes, most of which you will be working out intensely.

The setting is a studio with several people behind Billy. Some have the Amplifier Bar and others don't. It's good to see that you can benefit almost as much from this workout without the bar. The bar is just a light padded one that adds a bit of weight as well as allows you to do some cool exercises that feel like martial arts.

The warm up is short and, in my opinion, not enough to really warm up the muscles so I suggest warming up an extra five minutes or so before even turning this DVD on.

Once the warm up is over, Billy Blanks shows no mercy. This is a very fast paced workout concentrating heavily on the upper body. I think that's great because so many cardio workouts neglect the arms and upper body and concentrate only on the legs. Not Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle! Every part of the body will be worked in the 50 minutes of intense exercise.

The workout features some familiar moves and kicks that Tae Bo enthusiasts will recall but many moves are completely new, at least to me. And they are FAST! I consider myself intermediate as far as exercise goes and I can keep up pretty well with most workouts. When I did this one the first time, I stopped at least four times and wanted to give up. It was SO fast paced and it was killing me.

However, Billy Blanks is very motivating. He talks to the screen, to the viewers, and tells us to keep going, to do what we can, to push through it. It's almost as if he knows when we're worn down and comes forward to keep us motivated.

I enjoy the many variations of exercises and the "martial arts" feel of this workout but I have to say that the lower body doesn't get as much work as in the other Amped workouts. But that's OK because this one is full on cardio with tons of upper body and core work which we all need.

You will twist, kick, punch, and use the bar in all sorts of ways to raise your heart rate. The bar though is truly optional. If you use nothing and follow this workout, you will burn calories and sweat like crazy!

The cool down is good but too short. After such incredibly intense work, I need more than just a few minutes to go from my heart racing to nothing. Billy Blanks used to be the greatest at doing long warm ups and cool downs but lately he has really cut time off of those to pack in exercise because people are just too busy to spend more than 50 or 55 minutes exercising even if it means they cut short the vital cool down.

You need no other equipment such as weights but you can wear wrist weights if you want in lieu of the Amplified Bar.

The workout seems to be shot in one take because I can see the exercisers go from fresh and ready to sweaty and exhausted as the workout progresses. Billy Blanks also goes from ready to roll to drenched in sweat and panting a bit. It's so refreshing to see even the people in the video suffering because I sure do when I do this workout. But it really, really is an amazing cardio and all over body toner that will build stamina and burn calories.

My Experience

When I bought Tae Bo Amped, I didn't know what I was getting into. I like Tae Bo but this program was nuts! The Amplifier Bar is nothing special but it's a fun addition to the workouts. There are five different workouts with the whole package of which one is Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle.

This workout can be purchased separately as well. Since you don't have to have the Amplifier Bar to do these workouts, you can choose to buy just one or two of the workouts and not the whole package. I suggest buying the package though if you're serious about getting into shape fast!

This workout feels the most intense to me. It's so very fast paced that it really takes all my reserves to get through it. For at least four or five run throughs, I had to stop and ask myself why in the world I was torturing myself the way I was. I wanted to quit. But I don't like to fail. So I jumped back in and kept going. I felt accomplished but sore when I was done.

After doing this workout several more times, I know what's coming and I am able to get through it all without cussing too much. It's still tough and I still feel at times like I just can't keep up with the hectic pace but I do it. I'm 46 years old so you younger people should have no problems if I can manage to get through this workout.

My suggestion is to do what you can without the bar first. If you feel overwhelmed by the pace, slow down. Do your best. Each time you do this workout, you will find that it's easier and not quite as impossible as you thought. You'll get through it all just fine after a few weeks.

Intermediate level exercisers will find this workout challenging but not impossible to do. Advanced exercisers may find it isn't as tough as they would like. Beginners will definitely be lost but, if you are just starting a workout regime and want to AMP it up, Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle is not off limits to you as long as you don't try to dive in and do the entire workout at the insane pace Billy wants you to all at once. Any amount of working out to this routine will burn calories and tone the body.

Buying Info

You can purchase Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle alone at Amazon and other sites and stores that sell exercise videos for around $14.00. But the entire Amped workout set with the Amplifier bar is only $29.95 to $39.95 now so I suggest that you spring for the whole set. You will be able to learn the moves first, ease into the program next, and then go Full Throttle!

Conclusion

I really like Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped - Full Throttle in a "this workout is killer" kind of way. It is still challenging even after months of doing it although I don't do the workout regularly. I have so many workouts that I am constantly switching around. This workout will get the blood pumping, the heart racing, and all the muscles in the body working. The upper body will benefit a lot from this workout but the lower body and core are also always engaged. It's a tough but fun workout that is enhanced by the use of the Amplifier bar but effective without it as well. 4 stars.

Viewing Format: DVD

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped Live In La (dvd) L.a. Taebo Workout Sealed

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped Live In La (dvd) L.a. Taebo Workout Sealed

Recorded live at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, this training session features Billy Blanks working out with 300 Tae Bo students. The workout...

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped Jump Start + Fat Burn + Full Throttle Dvd

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped Jump Start + Fat Burn + Full Throttle Dvd

Store Home Specials Newsletter Feedback About Us FAQ Trust: We truly care about your complete satisfaction: see our extensive feedback for assurance T...

2 Rockin Abs & Buns Tae Bo Amped Billy Blanks Workouts +health & Fitness Bonuses

dt3003 Store You are bidding on...TAEBO DVD'S ONLY : BRAND NEW TAE BO BILLY BLANKS GET AMPED 2-WORKOUT DVD TAEBO SET BILLY BLANKS Rockin' ABS TaeBo Am...

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Bootcamp 1 + Ab Bootcamp Taebo +free Health & Fitness Bonus

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Bootcamp 1 + Ab Bootcamp Taebo +free Health & Fitness Bonus

You are bidding on... A NEW TAEBO BILLY BLANKS BOOTCAMP 1 + AB BOOTCAMP TAE BO 2 DVD SET + ALL THREE OF BILLY'S SUCCESS PLAN GUIDE eBooks - Includes h...

Billy Blanks Taebo Amped Rockin' Abs Buns Sculpt Express Dvd Set Workouts Tae Bo

Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks combines three specially targeted workouts on BILLY BLANKS: TAE BO AMPED ROCKIN 2PK. Tae Bo Rockin Abs focuses on the uppe...

Billy Blanks: Tae Bo Express DVD

Billy Blanks: Tae Bo Express DVD

This express fitness program features several 10-minute exercise programs packed with Tae Bo techniques designed to offer a serious workout in a limit...
Family Video