Bio Force TNT System by Fitness Quest Reviews

Bio Force TNT System by Fitness Quest

Are you on a Quest for a Dynamite Force?

Sep 21, 2006

Pros:Works all body parts with a novel type of resistance.

Cons:Have to move parts; no rower.

The Bottom Line: I was impressed with the TNT. I liked the way the resistance works. It made working out easy.

I’ve been asked if the Bio Force TNT System is another Bowflex but made by Fitness Quest. At first glance it does have the same look. However it works very differently than the bow machines. I was impressed with the TNT which retails for about $1000 which is $100 more than the Bowflex Blaze.

The basics:

From the website: www.fitnessquest.com “Bio Force and the TNT System works for anyone - both men and women alike. If you want to build big, ripped muscles… or if you want long, lean, sexy muscles...."

TNT weights 174 pounds and measures almost 53 inches long by 65 inches wide by 82 inches high.

The maximum user weight is the same as the Blaze at 300 pounds. I wish this weight were 50 pounds more. Although I have said in other reviews that 300 pounds is low for a machine such as this in all likelihood if you are overweight you would be losing weight with cardio vascular work and light dumbbells. If this 300 pounds is mass then you’d be working out in a gym. So I’m not going to hold this against this machine.

There is a 12-month warranty on the TNT. Fitness Quest is notorious for their short warranties. However in general their equipment is well made. There is no digital technology on this machine so you don’t have to worry about that breaking down. There are no bows on this machine so you don’t have to worry about them breaking.

You will get:
A DVD
A leg attachment
A lat tower
There are other goodies if you order this online such as exercise charts for men and women.

You'll get 220 pounds of resistance. If you look at the bow machines you will see that you can upgrade. The TNT isn’t upgradeable. This may not sound like a lot of weight. However I found that the resistance feels differently. On the Bowflex, for example, if I use 60 pounds for a triceps press down (This exercise works the back of the upper arm.) I used 40 on the TNT. (These are approximate since I didn’t write them down. I just noted the difference in weight I was using.)

This machine has wheels so it can be moved but not easily! It takes two people.

A closer look:

This is where the huge difference in machines comes in. The Bio Force TNT does not use bows although it may look like it. What you are seeing is a bar. On this bar is a really nice feature. There are several pulleys on the machine on which cables go through. This middle bar has eight places (four on each side) where I could move the pulleys making it really easy to do many exercises. Fitness equipment is often not made for woman in mind. I could use the Bio Force easily because of these adjustable pulleys.

Unlike the resistance on a bow machine where the resistance comes from each bow, the Bio Force is totally different. There is what looks like a bow but it isn’t. It’s called a swinging arm. The resistance is on this arm! On each side of the seat there are cylinders (These are nitrogen charged which create resistance and the reason this machine is called TNT for Total Nitrocell Technology.) attached to the resistance adjusters. I moved the adjusters to whatever number I wanted. These numbers are on the arm.

I really did like this new type of resistance. It was very quick. Using this type of resistance was certainly faster than using bow machines. It also makes for a safe machine.
There is a resistance indicator window that showed red when the adjustor was locked into place. This is an extra safety measure I liked.

Let’s use the Bio Force TNT:

Please note that pieces will have to be moved. For example when I did bicep curls (The front part of my upper arms) I had to move the seat in order to have room to stand. Then in order to do seated bicep curls I obviously had to put the seat back on. This wasn’t difficult and only took a few seconds once I got used to it. It isn’t that unusual to have to move pieces of equipment around. The seat comes off with a pin. Still a reluctant exerciser might get frustrated by this.

What is nice is that the seat has two height positions. This is another key that Fitness Quest had women in mind. Normally when I do a lat pull down (A lat bar comes with this machine.) I’m on my tip toes. I was much more comfortable on the Bio Force than I have been on some other machines.

The machine comes with ankle cuffs so I easily was able to do leg work such as standing leg presses which are done by standing facing the machine and lifting my leg up in the back. This is great for the butt area.

I liked the feeling of the movements. The machine is very smooth and gave me a full range of motion. That means that the resistance was the same throughout the entire movement and I could move my arms, for example, wide and bring them in (Let’s say while doing a flye for my chest.) without losing resistance.

Other exercises I did include:

A chest press, later raise (for my shoulders), squat (for my entire leg), and calf raises.

Every body part and muscle can be worked with this machine.

It does not have the ability to row like you will find on other machines. In general I don't think the rowing capability on many machines compares to a cardio vascular workout on a treadmill, elliptical machine, etc. Not having the rower then isn’t a deal breaker for me. However I do feel that having the rowing capability is a good option for people new to working out who haven’t done any cardio vascular work.

My final thoughts:

Please check with your doctor if you are new to exercising or have any medical conditions. Also please keep your children away from fitness equipment.

I think this machine’s target audience can be anyone. Easy exercises can be done as well as advanced exercises. I like the machine. It’s getting 4 stars because it does lack a rower and some may not like moving the pieces. It’s certainly an above average piece of equipment. It seemed durable and stable to me. As I said earlier I don’t like Fitness Quest’s warranty – another reason for 4 stars rather than 5.

Thanks for reading.

If interested you can find links to my fitness equipment reviews here.
jo

A huge thank you to openroad who added this immediately after I wrote the review and realized it wasn't listed!

Lifeline USA TNT Cable System DVD

Lifeline USA TNT Cable System DVD

Lifeline USA TNT Cable System DVD Features: Get a great workout from your home Follow leading fitness trainer Jon Hinds in this challenging DVD Great ...
Lifeline Usa Tnt Special Triple Resistance Cable Gym Home Workout Weight Fitness

Buy With 100% Confidence Fast Shipping !! Brand New!! Check Other Great Sales | Read our Feedbacks | Add us to Favorite Sellers Item Description: Hold...

Lifeline USA TNT System DVD

Lifeline USA TNT System DVD

The 90 minute TNT System DVD takes you through a comprehensive series of full-body functional movements and training progressions.Get a powerful worko...
Lifelineusa TNT Cable System With Resistance Cable BLACK/RED HANDLES (PINK RESISTANCE CABLES) ONE SIZE HANDLES/3 R3 RESISTANCE CABLES

LifelineUSA TNT Cable System with Resistance Cable Description: Lifeline's cables are all made using Progressive Layering Technologyâ„¢, so they feel...
Epic Sports
Lifeline Tnt Dvd

Lifeline Tnt Dvd

NEW Lifeline TNT DVD $12.93 $16.95 The 90 minute TNT System DVD takes you through a comprehensive series of full-body functional movements and trainin...

Gamma TNT2 Touch 16g String

Gamma TNT2 Touch 16g String

Color: Natural, Length 40 ft, Gauge 16. Gamma's premium TNT2 Touch string is the first multifilament string to leverage Gamma's patented TNT2 Process....
Racquetworld
TNT Media Group New York Giants Door Banner

TNT Media Group New York Giants Door Banner

Display your team pride with the TNT Media Group New York Giants Door Banner. This cool banner features an adjustable design that allows it to fit any...
BonTon Stores

Punisher Skateboards TNT Complete 31 Skateboard 9002

Punisher Skateboards TNT Complete 31 Skateboard 9002

Punisher Skateboards 9002 The Punisher TNT complete skateboard is crafted around a 9-ply Canadian maple deck with a double kick tail. It's set up wit...
Wayfair

Gamma TNT2 Tour 17: Gamma Tennis String Packages

Gamma TNT2 Tour 17: Gamma Tennis String Packages

Gamma TNT2 Tour 17 : Solid Core Synthetics. This premium TNT®2 Tour string offers a stiffer, crisper feel for tour-like control and accuracy but still...
Holabird Sports