Biolage Conditioning Balm

~~MATRIX BIOLAGE CONDITIONING BALM~~A SALON EXCLUSIVE THAT REPAIRS DRY/DAMAGED HAIR!

Jan 8, 2003 (Updated May 19, 2003)

Pros:Deep conditions dry, damage prone hair beautifully without weighing it down.

Cons:Very expensive in price (but worth it!); scent could be improved upon.

The Bottom Line: Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix is one of the best deep conditioning hair products out there, even for those with damage prone, color treated hair.

Late last summer, I was in desperate need of some intensive conditioning as my fine yet color treated hair had already suffered lots of styling damage from blow dryers, curling irons, and chemical treatments. I was in the process of growing it out longer, so the ends especially had seen better days. So while shopping at my local JCPenney one day, I noticed they had their large bottles of Biolage shampoos and conditioners for the sale price of 2 for $22. I picked up the color care varieties, and on a whim, I also purchased a 16 ounce tub of this Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix. I'd resisted moving on the salon quality hair care products for a very long time as I just assumed they were just as good as they drugstore choices, only more expensive in price. But I finally took the leap, and (unfortunately for my pocketbook!) now there's no turning back! For my hair looks and feels better than it has in years. Read on to find out more about this super deep conditioning formula.

~~~The Conditioning Balm~~~

Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix is a weekly deep conditioning product that repairs dry, over-stressed hair. According to product information found online at www.drugstore.com, this high quality hair care product is an intensive-conditioning system that deeply replenishes hair with the basic elements hair needs to moisturize and restructure. Contains the Biolage Balm Botanical Complex that combines pure botanical extracts of Rosemary and Goldenseal with deep conditioners that rejuvenate dry, damaged hair. Hair recovers its natural shine, silkiness, softness. The conditioning balm itself doesn't smell very pleasant in my opinion, but this white, gel-like hair care product is medium in consistency and applies easily to damage-prone tresses. Used once a week to help undo the damage that chemical processes and other styling tools such as blow dryers and curling irons create, you'll most likely notice a big difference in the way your hair looks and feels after the very first application. Stored in my shower caddy so that it's easily in reach when needed, the salon exclusive formula found in the Biolage Conditioning Balm created by Matrix has become one of my most favorite hair care products to date.

~~~Packaging & Price~~~

Currently, this Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix is available at www.drugstore.com in the 8 ounce (237 ml) tube for a rather expensive $16.99. I prefer to purchase the 16 ounce (453g) white plastic jars with the large screw-on lid at my local JCPenney salon for $19.95 instead. Granted, the conditioner in the tube is easier to apply, but sometimes you can find the larger tubs that actually contain a pump dispenser that can be refilled as needed. There are even larger sizes (37 ounces) that costs a whopping $36.00 or so, but it's doubtful such a huge bottle would fit very neatly instead most showers, especially the "stand-up" variety like my own. Even though you must be very careful as it's almost too easy to spill the conditioning balm from an opened tub during use, I still prefer my "scooping method" to the tube any day as the price is much less. And since my hair is getting longer and longer and it takes more and more of this Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix to adequately cover my tresses with each weekly treatment, I want to get my money's worth whenever possible.

~~~Directions for Use~~~

According to the short yet sweet directions for use found on each bottle of this Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm: apply to clean, damp hair. Rinse thoroughly. For more intense conditioning, wait 1 - 3 minutes. After shampooing my hair with either Biolage Color Care Shampoo or the Biolage Hydrating Shampoo (which I accidentally bought by mistake and is another review all in itself!), I apply a thin layer of this plain fragranced conditioning balm to my clean, damp hair once a week by carefully scooping it out of the tub with my fingers. I allow it to remain on my hair for several minutes while I'm in the shower washing my body and removing unwanted body hair by shaving before rinsing it out about 5 minutes later. Use with caution in the shower as this easy-to-rinse formula will coat the bottom, making it very slippery when wet. My thin, otherwise tangle prone tresses are left virtually tangle free after each use and the conditioning properties last for days even after subsequent shampoos and applications of daily conditioners as needed. Hair is softer, healthier, and looks and feels absolutely beautiful. Used once a week, my 16 ounce tub of Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix has lasted for several months, and I've just recently had to purchase my second one. The true test of any such Beauty care product is deciding if it's good enough to buy again. And for me, without hesitation, the answer was a resounding YES!

~~~Ingredients~~~

Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristal Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Golden Seal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

~~~Overall Recommendation~~~

Although the fragrance could be improved upon, which would easily raise my rating of this Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix to five stars instead of four (despite the high price), I still highly recommend this hair care product to those with dry, damaged hair types, even if you perm or color on a regular basis. My color stays true and is not stripped away when I use this conditioning balm on a weekly basis, and the gentle formula rinses clean away to reveal shiny, more manageable hair without weighing it down (even fine hair like my own). For years, I balked at the high price tag that comes along with salon exclusive products like this one, yet I'm discovering that for those of us with complicated hair types that's more than just normal, oily, or dry, you definitely get what you pay for in this area. Some people are addicted to lipsticks and the like. But I'll break down and confess that conditioners are my Beauty weakness as I'm always in search of a better formula and try new ones quite frequently in my quest for long, gorgeous hair. So take it from someone who's tried MANY of the drugstore choices: this Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix will leave most of the others in the dust. Pamper yourself this winter and invest a few extra dollars to discover this fantastic weekly conditioner for yourself! No need to thank me once you do. Good luck and stay beautiful :-)

For more information on this Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix as well as other high quality salon hair care products, check out their website online at:

www.matrix.com

For sale only in professional beauty salons.

This product not tested on animals.

Made in USA

Matrix Essentials, Inc.
Solon, OH 44139 USA

Biolage Color Care Conditioner

Biolage Finishing Spritz

Biolage Conditioning Balm 16 oz by Matrix

Biolage Conditioning Balm 16 oz by Matrix

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm 16 oz An intensive-conditioning Systeme that deeply replenishes hair with the basic elements hair needs to moisturize...
DiscontinuedBeauty

Biolage Conditioning Balm - 8.5 oz

Biolage Conditioning Balm - 8.5 oz

Find shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments at Target.com! Paraben- and dye-free. Taking inspiration from the rainforest s ever-replenishing mois...

Biolage Hydrating Conditioning Balm Set Of 2 Paraben Free 16 Oz With A Pump

Biolage Hydrating Conditioning Balm Set Of 2 Paraben Free 16 Oz With A Pump

This is a New Set of 2 Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie 16.9 oz Hydrating Conditioning Balm We will include one pump for the set Taking inspiration from t...

Biolage Conditioning Balm 16.9oz

Biolage Conditioning Balm 16.9oz

Conditioning balm revives dry stressed hair with the continous moisture replenishment it needs to look healthy silky and lustrous.

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm - repairs dry, stressed hair - 1 oz

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm - repairs dry, stressed hair - 1 oz

What it is: An intensive-conditioning Systeme that deeply replenishes hair with the basic elements hair needs to moisturize and restructure. What it ...
SleekHair.com
Biolage Conditioning Balm 4 oz by Matrix

Biolage Conditioning Balm 4 oz by Matrix

An intensive-conditioning System that deeply replenishes hair with the basic elements hair needs to moisturize and restructure. Contains the Biolage B...
DiscontinuedBeauty
BIOLAGE by Matrix for UNISEX CONDITIONING BALM REPAIRS DRY, OVER STRESSED HAIR 16 OZ

CONDITIONING BALM REPAIRS DRY, OVER STRESSED HAIR 16 OZ for UNISEX
FragranceNet
BIOLAGE by Matrix CONDITIONING BALM REPAIRS DRY, OVER STRESSED HAIR 16 OZ

BIOLAGE by Matrix CONDITIONING BALM REPAIRS DRY, OVER STRESSED HAIR 16 OZ

BIOLAGE CONDITIONING BALM REPAIRS DRY, OVER STRESSED HAIR 16 OZ for UNISEX
Biolage - Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm 16oz

Biolage - Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm 16oz

Intensely conditions very dry, thick, coarse hair helping to lock out humidity, frizz and unwanted volume.
My Beauty Buy