Bissell 1200-2 Handheld Cleaner Reviews

Bissell 1200-2 Handheld Cleaner

Great cleaners don't come cheap!

Dec 4, 2009

Pros:cleans well, easy to use

Cons:smelly, annoying beep, expensive

The Bottom Line: This product is great for people with pets or children! It's easy to use and cleans well. However, the cleaning product is expensive and gets used up fast.

Oh my goodness, has this made my life easier! Having a pet can be messy...especially having a cat who likes to eat until she throws up. This cleaner has saved me lots of time.
To use it, you fil part of the tank with water, and part with a special cleaner. There is another cleaner you can add on top of this for really tough stains. It's easy to figure out how much of each to add, because the tank is clearly marked! You then put the tank back in the cleaner. There are a few settings, one for regular stains, one for set-in stains, and a manual setting for the hose attachment. Usually, I use the regular setting. I clean up any solid mess, and then plop the cleaner on top of the stain, plug it in, and select the setting I want. Right away, the cleaner starts sucking, scrubbing, and washing the area. It takes a few minutes, and then shuts off. Every time I've used it, it's completely cleaned the stain up the first time. I use the manual hose attachement for little stains. It has a great suction and a button that sprays the cleaning solution. I wish it had a scrubber though, because the stains don't come out otherwise.
While it works great, there are some negatives...The cleaner isn't cheap (about $9.99 a bottle) and it goes through it pretty quickly. You should clean the dirty tank out after each use or it starts to smell. I usually flush it down the toilet. Also, when it's finished cleaning, it beeps like every 10 seconds! This is ANNOYING! You really can't walk away from it because it is done so fast.

The Bissell Spot Bot Pet is a revolutionary carpet spot cleaner that gives you the freedom to walk away while it does the work for you. Convenient han...