Bissell 2080 QUICKSTEAMER Upright Cleaner Reviews

Bissell 2080 QUICKSTEAMER Upright Cleaner

+$7.99 shipping Lowe's

Exceeded expectations. Great value.

May 27, 2006

Pros:Very effective for its price; Easy to use

Cons:Small water tank makes big jobs tedious

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a cost-effective way to clean your carpets, then look no further.

I purchased this product in the Spring of 2006 as an alternative to renting a professional steam-cleaning machine for $40/day. I paid $99.99 for it at Canadian Tire.

Considering the fact that most steam cleaners are priced in the $300-400 range, I didn't expect the QuickSteamer PowerBrush to remove even half of the stains that it did. In fact, it was only unable to remove one very tough stain (which has been set for years after many attempted cleanings with various products). Some stains required 2 or 3 passes, but it did pretty well. Even on areas of the carpet that appeared to be clean, the water came out filthy which reassured me that what I was doing was productive. I was impressed with the effectiveness of the "power" brush, although I am fairly certain that the "power" comes from the wheels turning or being dragged along the carpet. I don't think there is an electric motor turning the brush.

The QuickSteamer was incredibly easy to assemble and very easy to use. I did make the mistake of billing the clean water container with boiling water, which began to melt the plastic but luckily I got it out fast enough to avoid any serious damage being done. This brings me to another comment on water temperature. The machine does not have a heating unit. That is to say that it cleans carpets using hot water and the cleaning solution. In order to attempt to simulate a heating unit, I took hot water from the tap, heated it using a kettle a bit (not to boiling) and then put it in.

Another complaint that I would have about the product is that the water tanks are too small. Since I was doing as thorough a cleaning as I could, I went a little slower which meant that one tank of water would do anywhere between a 4 foot by 6 foot area to a 6x6 area. I think the advertised 8 foot by 8 foot area could be said to be an "up to" value for quick cleanings.

Perfect for Area Rugs and High Traffic Areas. Easy to Fill and Empty Tanks. Removable Nozzle for Quick and Easy Clean Up.
Lowe's