Bissell 2080 QUICKSTEAMER Upright Cleaner Reviews

Bissell 2080 QUICKSTEAMER Upright Cleaner

+$7.99 shipping Lowe's

An Amazing Little Machine

Aug 27, 2008

Pros:Lightweight, easy to use, cleans quickly and efficiently

Cons:Reservoir needs to be filled fairly often. No hoses or other attachments for furniture, etc.

The Bottom Line: My final recommendation is that this machine is well worth the money. It is well-priced, easy to use, of good workmanship, and is nice looking as well.

I bought my Quicksteamer 2080 at Sears, along with the product for pet stains. I paid about $140 (including a huge bottle of pet stain product for the Bissell) and a two year replacement warranty. The machine itself was $90.
My objective in buying the Quicksteamer was to keep my carpets (deep pile, 720 sq. feet) somewhat clean in between carpet cleanings.
I must say that this product exceeded my expectations. I cannot say that my carpet looks as good as when my carpet guy cleans it, but for a lightweight, easy to use, inexpensive little machine, it does a bang up job.
If you read other reviews, you may see that some folks complained that the rollers on the machine do not turn by themselves, and are 'user-powered'. While this is true, it does not require a lot of muscle to use this machine, and I personally do not see this as a deficit, nor as a reason to not buy this machine.

If you have less carpeting than I do, and less foot traffic (7 people in my family, plus two dogs) I think you are going to love this product. I'm sure that it would perform even better on a less dense carpet that is not subjected to so much use. There is also a hard floor cleaner attachment available on line for about 10 dollars. I am likely to purchase this, based on the Quicksteamer's performance so far. All in all, a compact, easy to use, effective little machine.

Perfect for Area Rugs and High Traffic Areas. Easy to Fill and Empty Tanks. Removable Nozzle for Quick and Easy Clean Up.
Lowe's