Bissell 3910 Momentum - Red - Upright Cleaner Reviews

Bissell 3910 Momentum - Red - Upright Cleaner

Optional Accessories To Consider Purchasing

Jan 10, 2010 (Updated Jan 10, 2010)

Pros:inexpensive, easy to clean,  easy to disassemble

Cons:extremely loud, heavy, chews up electrical cord, not free-standing

The Bottom Line:
I purchased an inexpensive upright vacuum cleaner and it has performed well considering the minor problems that I've experienced.  I will still consider purchasing another Bissell product.

Be sure to consider purchasing the following accessories (not necessarily included or available from the manufacturer):

1.  Extended Service Contract

2.  Electrical Tape (double roll)

3.  Quality Ear Protection

A couple of years ago I decided to purchase this particular Bissell upright model after my previous Bissell upright (different model) caught on fire (literally) during use.  I'm a strong believer in second chances.  I would still consider purchasing another Bissell product.

The ease of use was one of the main selling points.  It's extremely easy to remove the dirt and clean/replace the filters on this upright.

This upright is durable and will last for several years with heavy use however you should consider an extended service contract if you have the option at the time of purchase.  I purchased my upright at one of the large wholesale stores (e.g., Costco, Sams, BJs, etc.) which offer an extended contract for a few extra dollars.  It's worth it.
I doubt the manufacturer will offer this.

A few problems that I noticed almost immediately:

1.  This upright vacuum cleaner is extremely loud.  Be sure to use quality ear protection when using this upright.  I'm suggesting the type of ear protection used by airport luggage handlers.  The noise generated by this upright is comparable to the sound of airliner jet engines on the taxi way.

2.  The upright vacuum cleaner is very efficient at chewing up the electrical cord.  Prior to use it would be very wise to check for any exposed wiring and double wrap it with electrical tape being careful to separate and insulate each individual wire in the electrical cord to avoid an electrical short.  This upright vacuum with a damaged electrical cord could result in an electrical shock if touching the damaged part of the cord during use.

3.  The vacuum hose will occasionally disconnect on its own during use.  Just when you've completed vacuuming the house and putting it away do you realize that the hose has probably been disconnected the entire time you've been vacuuming.  Be sure to periodically check that the vacuum hose is connected securely prior to and during use.

4.  The locking mechanism that allows the upright vacuum to free-stand failed within the first few months.  This does not affect the operation of the upright in any way.  I have becomed accustomed to setting the upright vacuum cleaner against the door or a wall when it is not in use otherwise it will quickly fall to the floor.

Thanks to its cyclone technology, the Bissell 3910 bagless upright cyclonic vacuum does not use a bag to collect the dust, thus avoiding clogging and ...