Black & Decker 10 Pc Bit Set 1/16" 1/4" (15557) Reviews

Black & Decker 10 Pc Bit Set 1/16" 1/4" (15557)

Black & Decker 10 Piece Drill Bit Set (1/16 to 1/4)- Economical Choice

Dec 9, 2012

Pros:Variety of bits, reasonble price, best for occasional use

Cons:Steel bits (no hard/oxide coating), you will break some.  Check for a reasonable price.

The Bottom Line: A good set for the hobbyist/occasional worker.  If you're a professional, you'll want to look somewhere else.

In my woodworking shop, I have used a wide variety of drill bits. One set that I’ve used a lot is the Black & Decker 15557 10-Piece Drill Bit Set. I’m by no means a professional woodworker, but I have made my fair share of furniture for both myself and others. Since I don’t do this as a full time job, I often look for a reasonable, more economic item to purchase. This drill bit set fits that description.

The set comes with the most basic size bits that you’ll use in your work:

1/16
5/32
11/64
3/16
1/64

The set includes a basic plastic holder to insert the bits. They are designed to be used in wood, plastic, or metal. The bits also fit a standard chuck on a drill. I do have one drill that won’t clamp down tight enough on the 1/16 bit, but it’s an older power drill. My cordless drills haven’t had that problem.

The bits do what I need them to do. They are just you regular steel bits, no fancy oxide coatings or anything. I would certainly agree that such a bit would be of higher quality, but for my uses these do fine. I have broken a few of the smallest bits (1/16 and 5/64). Of course, they’re not that expensive to replace.

The smaller bits are really good for drilling pilot holes to start a brad, while the mid-size bits are good for nails. The larger bits are good for you larger screws.

I was able to get this set of bits at a Discount Tool Store for $2.00. That’s a pretty good deal for what you get. I have seen the price for this item go up to $10.00. I would not pay that much for these bits.

All in all, this can be a good, economical set of bits for occasional use. If you’re a professional, you’d probably want to look somewhere else.

Cd Black & Decker 2pc Double End Bit Set 71-450

Cd Black & Decker 2pc Double End Bit Set 71-450

CD Black Decker 2Pc Double End Bit Set 71-450 Anti-Slip Design Keeps Bit In Screw For Maximum Driving Power. Resists Stripping And Reduces Breakage. 1...

Black & Decker 170 Pc. Bit & Driver Set Case Crafts Hobbies

Black & Decker 170 Pc. Bit & Driver Set Case Crafts Hobbies

You are looking at a Brand NEW Black Decker 170 pc Multi Project Set Model Number BDA90138 Bits for Drilling, Screw Driving and Nut Driving Great item...

Black & Decker/Dwlt : 14Pc Titanium Bit Set

Black & Decker/Dwlt : 14Pc Titanium Bit Set

14-Piece Titanium Speed Tip Drill Bit Set
Black & Decker 13 Pc Spade Bit Set For Wood With Bonus Storage Pouch 71-536

Black & Decker 13 Pc Spade Bit Set For Wood With Bonus Storage Pouch 71-536

Black Decker Spade Bit Set, 13 pcs, Wood. Fits most major brands. Includes Bonus Storage Pouch. Includes: ¼, 5/16, 3/8, ½, 1 ½, 1 3/8, 1 ¼, 1 1/8,...

34 Pc Black & Decker/dewalt Impact Ready Impact Screwdriver Bit Set Dw2153

34 Pc Black & Decker/dewalt Impact Ready Impact Screwdriver Bit Set Dw2153

34 Pc Black Decker/DeWalt Impact Ready Impact Screwdriver Bit Set DW2153 Impact Ready Impact Screwdriver Bit.34-piece impact ready screwdriving set co...

Black & Decker 10pc Double Screw Driving Bits Set Drill And Driver Free Shipping

10 piece Double ended screw driving set Phillips, slotted, square screwdriver bits and torx bits Includes holder Free Shipping