Black & Decker 18V Pole Pruning Saw (NPP2018) Reviews

Black & Decker 18V Pole Pruning Saw (NPP2018)

Great Tree Pruner

Apr 9, 2009

Pros:Value priced pruner for trees and tall shrubs, much better than a manual pole saw.

Cons:Battery doesn't last very long, so you may need to buy a spare.

The Bottom Line: A great value for quick, light duty tree and shrub pruning, far better than a manual pole saw.

I have been using the Black & Decker 18-volt Pole Pruning Saw for two months now, and it has already paid for itself. The cordless, chain-saw like cutting head makes this saw far superior to my old manual cutting pole saw. It cuts fast and has speeded up pruning and trimming of trees and tall shrubs.

I have trimmed palm trees, pepper trees and ficus, saving lots of money and expense from hiring tree trimmers for maintenance pruning.

The saw is easy to use and a great improvement over my old hand pole saw, reducing the time and effort involved. It is long enough that I can trim many branches without needing a ladder. Add the middle extension and it reaches up to 14 feet. You do need to have some upper body strength to maintain the saw for an hour or more of pruning.

The battery is one disappointment, not lasting as long as promoted in the Black & Decker literature.

I have a matching Black and Decker shrub trimmer and blower that use the same batteries, so I can swap out the battery when it wears down.

Oiling the chain saw cutter is easy, as is cleanup.

I would give it five stars if the battery held a charge longer. Would definitely buy it again and have recommended to friends. In one afternoon alone it more than covered what I had been paying to local gardeners/tree trimmers."

Prune out those branches with the Black & Decker NPP2018. This Black & Decker pruning saw operates cordlessly so you do not need long wires stretching...

Product Details: Black Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw Tidy up the landscape by getting rid of dead or unruly branches on tree...