-20%
Black & Decker Electric Lawnhog Mulching Mower with Rear-Bag 19"  (Mm875) Reviews

Black & Decker Electric Lawnhog Mulching Mower with Rear-Bag 19" (Mm875)

Free Shipping eBay Deals
Free Shipping CPO Black and Decker

Quick and Efficient

Apr 6, 2005

Pros:No fuel, oil, priming, pull-starts, plugs, filters, rust, vibration, noise, pollution, or back strain

Cons:Just need to be mindful of the power cord

The Bottom Line: If you're ready for a modern mower that's quiet, light, powerful and easy on the budget, try a Lawn Hog. Don't let cord-phobia keep you in the dark ages.

Picked up the 19" Lawn Hog at Lowes. It was the same price at Home Depot ($229). Assembly was just unfolding the handle (Where's the fun in that?).

The deck and housing feels like PVC, so it won't chip or rust. Underneath, it's smooth and molded to the blade path, so grass doesn't clog in a corner. Easy to brush off.

The sound and cord makes it seem like you're vacuuming. I have 4 trees in my 80'x40' yard; it was easiest for me to start closest to the outlet, and mow perpendicularly away from it.

Because the Lawn Hog is so light, and stop/starts are instant, it took much less time to mow. There's no vibration, and the handle bar is padded. No more blisters.

The Lawn Hog mulched grass finer, and dispersed it more evenly, than I've ever seen a gas mower do. No more clumps of un-mulched grass. With clippings this fine, there's no reason to bag, and you get free fertilizer.

The motor casing seems pretty water resistant, with only a small soffit vent around the bottom. Light precip and damp grass hasn't been a problem (Seattle), but I wouldn't take it out in showers, or onto a soaked lawn, just to be safe.

I can't really think of anything to complain about, except the obvious need to manage the power cord while mowing. Winding it up on the handle, or using a hose reel, has worked great for storage.

Time will tell if the motor lasts, but with a 2 year warranty, I'm not worried.

Black & Decker MM875. Features: No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain. B&D 12 Amp motor for plenty of power in all cutting ...
eBay Deals

12 Amp 19 in. 3-in-1 LAWNHOG Electric Lawn Mower -MM875. Rear Bag Assembly. Rear Mulching Insert
CPO Black and Decker
The Black & Decker MM875 Electric Lawn Mower provides the freedom of a gas mower with the convenience of an electric mower. It is simple to start and ...
Includes 19-in Electric LAWNHOG Mulching Mower with Rear-Bag - MM875R, Rear Bag Assembly, Rear Mulching Insert