Black & Decker 9099KC 7.2-Volt Cordless Drill with Keyless Chuck (028877326764) Reviews

Black & Decker 9099KC 7.2-Volt Cordless Drill with Keyless Chuck (028877326764)

Not powerful enough !

Sep 29, 2008 (Updated Sep 29, 2008)

Pros:$20

Cons:Not enough power !

The Bottom Line: Spend a little more to buy a more powerful drill.

I had my fathers plug in Black and Decker drill for years. It had to be over 30 years old and it was fantastic ! Unfortunately in my last move it got lost, I was so upset, it was part of the family. So, finally I needed to get another drill for some projects and I went to Wal-Mart and got this. $20 you can't beat that right, for a cordless. Well, I charged it for the first time for the 16 hours it says to in the manual and then went to use it the next day. I bought one of those Mothers Powerball and polish to clean my Crager Mag wheels on my old truck. The drill had ok power when you just have it spinning around but once you give the slightest pressure on the rims it would bog down.
I had to polish the rims by hand. This drill is on its way back to Wal-Mart and will probably be seen selling for even less at Big Lots ! Got to get a real drill with some power. This may be good for a kid to build a birdhouse with or easy science project, but not for anything an adult would use it for.

The Black & Decker 9099KC drill provides you unmatched performance by letting you undertake assembly and repair functions for your furniture. Use the ...