Black & Decker Alligator Electric Lopper (NOLP1000716481773238313053172710) Reviews

Black & Decker Alligator Electric Lopper (NOLP1000716481773238313053172710)

Free Shipping Home Depot
Free Shipping Target

Easy and convenient light-weight "mini-chainsaw!"

Aug 17, 2008 (Updated Aug 17, 2008)

Pros:The Alligator Lopper is very easy to use!

Cons:It's a minor inconvenience to stop and add the lubricating oil at intervals.

The Bottom Line: The Alligator Lopper more than lives up to its potential! Sometimes gadgets like this look great, but looks can be deceiving and they disappoint. No disappointment with the Lopper!

The Black & Decker Alligator Electric Lopper is so convenient and light-weight that I, a lady in her 50s, finds it easy to use!

I wouldn't in a million years attempt to use a regular chainsaw. I wouldn't have the physical strength for it, and besides, I have a shoulder that gives me problems.

But the Alligator Lopper is light and strong enough to quickly and easily saw through limbs up to 4-inches in diameter -- even hard, seasoned wood! It's amazing!

We live on a half-acre with lots of mature trees that frequently have to be cut back. Or, like this year, a branch falls down and there's a LOT of clean-up. The limbs that are too large to prune into kindling with a hand-pruner can be cut up in no time with the Alligator Lopper. The Lopper will cut through all but the very biggest limbs like butter.

It's practically maintenance-free, just occasionally fill the conveniently located receptacle with a few drops of lubricating oil (supplied with the Lopper). Plug the Lopper into an adequate capacity extension cord, put on standard protective glasses and gloves and you're good to go!

Not only does it make quick work of downed limbs, afterward you've got wood to stoke the fireplace next winter.

I must confess that the Lopper was a gift not to me but to my husband! But I've probably used it more than he has because, even though it's extremely easy to use when he does use it, he has limited mobility.

I can't emphasize enough how easy it is to use, and it just "feels" safe. The chainsaw half has a protective guard, and the scissors-grip half has sturdy teeth, so when you grab a limb and start cutting it stays safely in one spot with no danger of pieces of wood flying around.

Also, the Lopper will not work unless two buttons are pressed simultaneously. It's not as awkward as it sounds as the buttons are located in a natural position where you hold the handles securely.

I would recommend this to anyone who has trees or woody bushes and would like to cut them up for firewood or into smaller pieces for disposal.

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. A cross between a lopper and an electric chainsaw, this innovative tool will make cleaning up the ...
Home Depot
Find yard power tools at Target.com! The innovative clamping jaws on this tool grab and cut in one easy motion. It has a 4.5-amp motor for fast powerf...
Great price! Buy with confidence! This auction is for a brand new, factory sealed Black Decker LP1000 Alligator Lopper 4.5 Amp Electric Chain Saw Prod...
Untitled Document Black Decker LP1000 Alligator Lopper 4.5 Amp Electric Chain Saw PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Take a big bite out of fallen trees, tree limbs ...
Black Decker LP1000 Alligator Lopper 4.5 Amp Electric Chain Saw Product Features: Powerful 4.5 amp motor Innovative clamping jaws grab and cut in one ...