-10%
Black & Decker CBM210 Electric Grinder Reviews

Black & Decker CBM210 Electric Grinder

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Absolute waste of money

Dec 11, 2009 (Updated Dec 11, 2009)

Pros:Looks good. Cheap.

Cons:Cannot do fine grinds at all.

The Bottom Line: Don't buy it! It's terrible!

I received this grinder as a gift from a fellow coffee lover. I think he was impressed by the burr grinder and the price.

The Black & Decker CBM210 grinder is a waste of money and counter space. Looks great, but B&D invested more in the stainless steel than they did on the engineering.

I make an espresso or latte every morning in my espresso machine. I used to grind my own beans with a blade grinder, then found a local coffee shop with high quality beans and grinder. So for the last while I've been buying 1/4 lb fine ground espresso from them, which was fine. Not perfect, but certainly satisfactory.

I hoped to return to having freshly ground espresso every morning, but it won't be happening with this. The grinds are so huge and chunky it makes Folger's look fine ground next to it.

I took the grind assembly out and reset it, checked the settings, checked the instructions several times, but after going through 1/4 pound of beans trying to get this right, I'm giving up.

I finally called APC (makers of the grinder) to get support. They asked one question: did you check the grinder assembly? After I told them I had, they then went straight to warrantee information, and gave me instructions on how to get a replacement model. I was then told to mail the product back, along with a check to cover shipping and handling. Nice.

After checking reviews online, I'm realizing it's not my product but the product line that is the problem. I don't think I'll buy another Black and Decker product again.

Dial adjusts so you can set the texture exactly how you want from very fine Turkish blend to coarse percolator grind. Dual safety mechanism ensures th...