Black & Decker CTO6301 Toaster Oven Reviews

Black & Decker CTO6301 Toaster Oven

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Good value

Apr 4, 2009

Pros:Small oven capable of handling more than just a frozen dinner or toast.

Cons:You have to read the instruction booklet -- no way around it.

The Bottom Line: As a small oven, I would highly recommend it.  If you just need a toaster, go with something smaller.

Since we generally cook for just the two of us, it seems such a waste of energy to fire up the oven for just baking a couple of potatoes, cooking a pizza or making brownies.

After considerable search, we purchased this toaster oven last year and have found it relatively easy to use and reliable.  A big draw for us was the convection cooking feature.  New Mexico gets hot in the summer and anything that allows us to cook quicker and cooler gets my vote.

I needed something big enough to handle more than just a bagel or toast and this one can do a variety of tasks.  The slide-out crumb tray is easy to keep clean.  The rack has several different adjustment levels.  The bump out in the back and the curved front glass easily allows you to use bigger pans than is normally available for toaster ovens.

Using the convection feature, my brownies actually come out better than baking them in the oven.

But keep the instruction booklet handy.  While the controls are relatively easy to use, they aren't really intuitive ... you'll need guidance until you get the hang of all the little quirks.

Although it can provide 6 slices of beautifully browned toast at one time, they tend to be a bit dried out -- likely due to the amount of time needed for the toasting because of how far the bread is from the top and bottom heating coils.  I'll be keeping my little toaster for that job.  But bagels fare very well -- I like being able to choose just the top element so that the bottom stays soft and untoasted.

The outside gets very hot while cooking for long periods of time.  There are built in bumpers that keeps the unit safely away from your wall -- and don't store anything on top.  But it cools down very quickly once it's off.

It's a rather large toaster oven -- good for using as an oven.  Overkill if you just want to toast your bagels.

But overall, I love it and think it was well worth the money -- it provides us with a small oven that handles many different tasks and saves us a lot of propane money.

Black & Decker Cto4500s Convection Toaster Oven Xl Capacity 60 M Timer

Black & Decker Cto4500s Convection Toaster Oven Xl Capacity 60 M Timer

Black And Decker Cto4500s Countertop Convection Toaster Oven

Black And Decker Cto4500s Countertop Convection Toaster Oven

Black And Decker Cto4500s Countertop Convection Toaster Oven UPC: 050875535534 Mfg Part#: CTO4500S Vendor: Black and Decker
Black & Decker Cto4500s Countertop Convection Toaster Oven

Black & Decker Cto4500s Countertop Convection Toaster Oven

Black & Decker Cto4500s Perfect Broil Convection Toaster Oven

Black & Decker Cto4500s Perfect Broil Convection Toaster Oven

Black & Decker Countertop Convection Toaster Oven

Black & Decker Countertop Convection Toaster Oven

Black Decker TRO420 4-Slice Toaster Oven

Black Decker TRO420 4-Slice Toaster Oven

4 Slice Toaster Oven Black Decker TRO420 4-Slice Toaster Oven is one of many Toasters & Toaster Ovens available through Office Depot. Made by Black & ...
Office Depot

Black & Decker TRO420 Toast-R-Oven Classic Toaster Oven - 050875532601

Black & Decker TRO420 Toast-R-Oven Classic Toaster Oven - 050875532601

Shop for Toaster Ovens from Hayneedle.com! The Black & Decker TRO420 Toast-R-Oven Classic Toaster Oven is the ideal appliance for conveniently heating...
Hayneedle

Black & Decker CTO6120B Toast-R-Oven Classic, Black & Silver

Black & Decker CTO6120B Toast-R-Oven Classic, Black & Silver

Features: Bake broil and toast with this handy toaster oven. Bake at up to 450 degrees. 60 minute auto-off timer with alarm bell. Dual rack positions.
Black & Decker Cto7100b Toast-r-oven Digital Rotisserie Convection Kitchen

Black & Decker Cto7100b Toast-r-oven Digital Rotisserie Convection Kitchen

Product Details: Black Decker CTO7100B Toast-R-Oven Digital Rotisserie Convection Oven Breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks, this versatile toaster oven...