Black & Decker CTO650 1500 Watts Toaster Oven Reviews

Black & Decker CTO650 1500 Watts Toaster Oven

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Two units have failed now

Jun 26, 2007
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Ample size for almost any cooking job

Cons:Not reliable and no replacement parts.

The Bottom Line: Don't buy something that can't be repaired.

Purchased my first one in October of 2004. In less than a year, the temperature select control failed. Upon contacting Aplica (US importer), was informed that there were no internal parts available. Unit was replaced under warranty. In June of 2007, same part failed on the replacement unit. Contacted Aplica Customer Service again, and was once again told there were no internal replacement parts, and solution was to take to local appliance repair store. When questioning the customer service representative why I should do that since there were no replacement parts, the customer service rep had no answer.

Since this unit is one of the more expensive combination toaster/ovens, I am not happy that parts are not available. This unit is manufactured in China. It appears that the entire world has become a "disposable society," where the idea of fixing only that which is broken doesn't fit anymore. It's too bad that China has taken over the economy of the U.S. I'm ready to stop purchasing anything that comes from a country that employs forced slave labor to manufacture goods that are shipped to America, which only serve to increase corporate profits at the expense of jobs here in the U.S.

Black and Decker CTO650 Toaster Oven ***220 Volts *** Export Not For use in USA Canada Bake, broil, toast and warm temp control Specially curved inter...

Enjoy the convenience and high performance of this extra-large countertop oven/broiler. Its deep, curved interior and glass-front design let you watch...