Black & Decker LE750 Edger (BLAAN1LE750) Reviews

Black & Decker LE750 Edger (BLAAN1LE750)

No mess, no fuss of gas and oil!

Dec 17, 2008

Pros:Does a superb job of running narrow trenches and edging the lawn

Cons:Trench could be wider

The Bottom Line: A good multi purpose tool from a dependable company

Black & Decker Le750 Lawn Edger  I was in need of a tool to cut some sod where I wanted to do some landscaping around my home.  I owned a cordless trimmer/edger but it really didn't have the guts that I needed to cut pretty deep and there was no way to ensure I was cutting in a straight line.  A corded line trimmer we had been using was nearing the end of its life so I couldn't put a blade on that.  I know my DeWalt radial arm saw was the wrong tool so out I went hunting for something to do the job.  I came upon this Lawn Edger at Lowes.  It had a pretty neat feature where you could edge along a sidewalk or do full on sod cutting. Since I had other Black and Decker Grasshog tools, though they were cordless, I felt this would be a good choice.

My arrival of the edger

I got the edger home and preparred for what I thought would be some assembly and cursing.  To my great surprise all I had to do was put the handle on and I was in business.  Thank you Black and Decker for making this easy.  Now I am not afraid of any home based task, wire a room, run plumbing or anything but I'll never turn down something that is fast and easy.

Release the Hounds

I looked over my task.  There was a line of 50 feet of sod to cut so I began planning my attack. I got a call from my mother to come over and do her 150 of sidewalk that had been neglected (by me?  I don't live there.  Guess you never really can leave home).  How did she know I got a Lawn Edger?

Details of the Edger

The Edger weighs in at about 12 pounds or so.  Like my cordless tools I have at home I didn't weigh it on the scale because I didn't want to explain to my wife why I was in the bathroom with an edger. (Oh well Honey this time I was just getting ready to remove some grout with this edger!)
The length of the handle, around 4 feet, ambidexterous handles, and smartly placed wheels make this an easy tool to maneuver.

The handle and switch are encased in an assembly that looks alot like a line trimmer handle.  The switch can be activated without fussing with an extra safety switch.  This is really nice in today's don't take the toaster in the tub society.  Black and Decker must figure most users actually have a brain and know when to pull the trigger.
There's a loop to pass the cord through, even a heavy 12 ga. cord, to prevent you pulling on the line and unplugging the thing while working.
A depth adjustment makes it easy to choose how deep you want to edge or if you want to go full out and cut a narrow trench just pull up the depth guide and you'll cut a path about 1/2" wide or so and 3-4" deep from the top of the soil.  The guys at Black and Decker were thinking ahead when they made it very easy to open the blade guard and clean out the mud (we have a high clay content in our soil here so I have done this alot).  This is also how you change the blade.
After three seasons of owning this, I have yet to wear down a blade.

The motor on this Edger is an 11 amp, 2.5 hp motor.  Be sure to use a 12 ga cord.  A wimpy 14 ga. cord for a line trimmer is not going to deliver enough current for this motor and you will be disappointed with the results and performance.  Funny enough, DeWalt makes some nice 12ga cords with lighted ends.  You don't want to go over 100', even with a 12ga cord.  The loss will be too great.

The owner’s manual is your typical multi-lingual manual that opens like a map or instructions for a model.  There are marking on the shaft that tell you how to rotate the head.  The standard warnings about don't put your fingers in the blade, don't use on live ferrets and the like are all included.

The noise levels are not loud enough to warrant ear protection.  You simply aren't going to be exposed to this thing for 8 hours a day.  There is the typical whine of an electrical motor and gear box.  It is nothing compared to the racket a gas powered model would expose you to.

As with nearly all of the Black and Decker products nowdays, you get an American product but it is made in China.  Don't be too shocked, nearly everything is made off shore to be price competitive in todays gotta have it society.

Conclusion

I have no regrets regarding its purchase. Just keep in mind the Edger's limitations and intended uses and you will be satisfied too.  With a full 2 year warranty, Black and Decker feels pretty confident that you'll like this too.

Black & Decker 12 in. Trimmer & Edger - 1223-0892

Black & Decker 12 in. Trimmer & Edger - 1223-0892

Shop for Lawn Equipment from Hayneedle.com! The Black & Decker 12 in. Trimmer & Edger has the power to get the job done without the hassles of a cord....
Hayneedle

Black & Decker 12 20V MAX Lithium Trimmer/Edger Medium

Black & Decker 12 20V MAX Lithium Trimmer/Edger Medium

Enjoy Two-In-One Versatility with the Black & Decker Cordless TrimmerThe Black & Decker 12 in. Lithium Trimmer Edger converts from trimmer to edger wi...

Black & Decker 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 12 in. Straight Shaft Electric String Trimmer / Edger LST220

20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 12 in. Straight Shaft Electric String Trimmer / Edger - LST220. (2) 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Batteries - LBXR20. Charger - LCS...
CPO Black and Decker

Black & Decker Edge Hog Edger Blade Eb-007 For Le750

Black & Decker Edge Hog Edger Blade Eb-007 For Le750

Black Decker Edge Hog Edger Blade EB-007 for LE750 7.5 Serrated edges Wear line to indicate blade change Check out our Store for more Great Deals! STO...

BLACK+DECKER Lawn Equipment 20-Volt MAx 12 in. Straight Shaft Lithium-ion Cordless Trimmer and Edger LST220

Shop for Outdoors at The Home Depot. The Black & Decker LST220 12-in. 20-Volt Lithium-ion cordless trimmer/edger delivers 7,500 RPM and a 12 in. cutti...
Home Depot

Brand Black & Decker Lst220 20-volt Lithium-ion Cordless Trimmer/edger

Brand Black & Decker Lst220 20-volt Lithium-ion Cordless Trimmer/edger

BRAND NEW! Black Decker 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Trimmer/Edger Energy Star

Black + Decker 12 Li-ion String Trimmer/edger - Lst220

Black + Decker 12 Li-ion String Trimmer/edger - Lst220

Black + Decker 12 20V MAX Lithium String Trimmer and Edger - New Product Description:The PowerDrive Transmission™ delivers more power from the motor...

Black & Decker Easy Edge Powered Paint Edger BDPE210

Black & Decker Easy Edge Powered Paint Edger BDPE210

Easy Edge Powered Paint Edger - BDPE210. (2) Paint Tubes. (2) Applicators. (3) AA Batteries. Fill Sleeve
Tyler Tool

Part # 40-121 , EDGER BLADE 7-5/8IN BLACK & DECKER / 40-121-Oregon
Black & Decker LST420 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless 12 in. High Performance Trimmer and Edger

The Black & Decker 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless 12 in. High Performance Trimmer and Edger includes a wheeled edging feature to convert it from trimmer...