Black & Decker TROS1500B Toaster Oven
3 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating:
Think Twice about buying this one
Jun 20, 2010
Review by ablj2005
Rated a Very Helpful Review
We had a Black and Decker under the cabinet mounted toaster oven for many years and absolutely loved it. We never once had a problem with it until the knobs broke and we had to use a binder clip to set the oven temperature. It was time for a new one and Black and Decker had recently released this new model.
Recommend this product?
So far, mixed reviews.
First, the positive.
1) Heating: It's a powerful toaster oven with a quick heat up time and steady, even heat throughout. I no longer get burnt patches where the heating elements are hotter than in other places.
2) Size: it has a very deep and wide tray--about 3 inches deeper that the one we replaced without a noticeable increase in space used in the kitchen. The toaster oven measures approximately 19-4/5 by 12-8/9 by 15-1/5 inches
3) Space Savings: as advertised, getting the toaster off the counter and placing it under the cabinet is very convenient.
4) Cleaning: glass door is easy to wipe down and the drop out catch tray can be cleaned quickly. This oven stays much cleaner than our previous version.
1) Very tough to install--the instructions are a pain, the measurments aren't easy to follow and the holes don't line up with the previously installed holder. Once the bracket is in, I spent ten minutes trying to get the toaste to snap into place--I thought I was going to end up with duct tape holding it up.
2) Poor Controls: there is no simple 'darker vs ligher' setting, but rather it's controlled by the amount of time you wish to leave it in there. The toast timer has 5 minute increments marked on it, which makes it very difficult to set the oven to toast, say, a piece of bread. So as long as you don't want to do somethign wild, like make toast, it's fine.
Overall, we're pretty happy with the purchase, but hope Black and Decker improves this model in the coming years (but doesn't change the size so the old bracke still works).
Read all comments (2)
Amount Paid (US$): 60
Share this product review with your friends
Black Decker SpaceMaker Digital Toaster Oven TROS1000 This is a brand new unit, missing original box. Manual is NOT included . Hassle-free return warr...
Black & Decker Countertop Toaster Oven makes cooking easy & convenient. This 4-slice countertop oven with toast, bake & broil functions features adjus...
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. What a great idea. A toaster oven that makes cooking easy and convenient. Perfect for morning toast, waffles, m...
What a great idea! A toaster oven that makes cooking easy and convenient! Perfect for morning toast, waffles, muffins, pizza, snacks and at dinnertime...
Perfect for morning toast, waffles, muffins, pizza, snacks and at dinnertime. Great for roasting a small chicken, baking fish fillets or cooking a cas...
Find countertop ovens at Target.com! Enjoy cooking versatility-right on your countertop with this black & decker 6 slice convection toaster oven! You ...
Black & Decker 4 Slice Toaster Oven Broiler Baking NEW TRO480BS Toast-R-Oven 4-Slice Toaster Oven Product Description Perfect as a second oven or as a...
Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search Full Size Image Click to close full size. Click here to view full size. Black Decker - Toaster Oven - Black 1200 ...
Shop for Toaster Ovens from Hayneedle.com! The Black & Decker TRO420 Toast-R-Oven Classic Toaster Oven is the ideal appliance for conveniently heating...
Toaster Oven Black Decker TRO480BS 4-Slice Condition: Brand New in Box Large-capacity 1200-watt 4-slice toaster oven Bake, broil, bagel, toast, and ke...