Black & Decker TROS1500B Toaster Oven
(3 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
Think Twice about buying this one
Jun 20, 2010
Review by ablj2005
Rated a Very Helpful Review
We had a Black and Decker under the cabinet mounted toaster oven for many years and absolutely loved it. We never once had a problem with it until the knobs broke and we had to use a binder clip to set the oven temperature. It was time for a new one and Black and Decker had recently released this new model.
Recommend this product?
So far, mixed reviews.
First, the positive.
1) Heating: It's a powerful toaster oven with a quick heat up time and steady, even heat throughout. I no longer get burnt patches where the heating elements are hotter than in other places.
2) Size: it has a very deep and wide tray--about 3 inches deeper that the one we replaced without a noticeable increase in space used in the kitchen. The toaster oven measures approximately 19-4/5 by 12-8/9 by 15-1/5 inches
3) Space Savings: as advertised, getting the toaster off the counter and placing it under the cabinet is very convenient.
4) Cleaning: glass door is easy to wipe down and the drop out catch tray can be cleaned quickly. This oven stays much cleaner than our previous version.
1) Very tough to install--the instructions are a pain, the measurments aren't easy to follow and the holes don't line up with the previously installed holder. Once the bracket is in, I spent ten minutes trying to get the toaste to snap into place--I thought I was going to end up with duct tape holding it up.
2) Poor Controls: there is no simple 'darker vs ligher' setting, but rather it's controlled by the amount of time you wish to leave it in there. The toast timer has 5 minute increments marked on it, which makes it very difficult to set the oven to toast, say, a piece of bread. So as long as you don't want to do somethign wild, like make toast, it's fine.
Overall, we're pretty happy with the purchase, but hope Black and Decker improves this model in the coming years (but doesn't change the size so the old bracke still works).
Read all comments (2)
Amount Paid (US$): 60
Share this product review with your friends
Black Decker TO1420B 4-Slice Toaster Oven, Black New in the Box.4-slice countertop oven with toast, bake, and broil functions Adjustable temperature; ...
NEW Black Decker TO1420B 4-Slice Toaster Oven, Black Features 4-slice countertop oven with toast, bake, and broil functions Adjustable temperature; to...
Black & Decker TO1640B Get the versatility of your traditional oven in one compact design with a countertop Convection Oven. With convection cooking,...
Product Type: Convection oven. Product Type: Toaster oven
Find countertop ovens at Target.com! Enjoy cooking versatility-right on your countertop with this black & decker 6 slice convection toaster oven! You ...
[truncated] BLACK DECKER TOASTER OVEN *10.85H x 13.5W x 19.75L *1200 watts *4 slice capacity *Broil function *Maximum bake temperature 450 degrees *30...
Black & Decker Perfect Broil Convection Toaster Oven CTO4500S- Online Only. Hot air circulates for faster and more concise cooking in this convection ...
Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Black Decker Coun...
4 Slice Toaster Oven Black Decker TRO420 4-Slice Toaster Oven is one of many Toasters & Toaster Ovens available through Office Depot. Made by Black & ...
Shop for Toaster Ovens from Hayneedle.com! The Black & Decker TRO420 Toast-R-Oven Classic Toaster Oven is the ideal appliance for conveniently heating...