Black & Decker G48TD Waffle Maker Reviews

Black & Decker G48TD Waffle Maker

Like My Black and Decker Grill and Waffle Maker

Mar 22, 2007

Pros:Makes great crisp waffles and clean up is a breeze.

Cons:My only negative remark is that it cooks the waffles slowly

The Bottom Line: I would highly recommend this product

After having a GE waffle iron for 20 years, it was definitely time to replace it as I was getting tired of sticking waffles. I kept asking for a new one for Christmas. Alas, I did not receive one so I took it upon myself to buy me one after the first of the year. Following much online research I finally decided on the Black and Decker G48TD Grill and Wafflebaker. Like my GE, it has nonstick waffle grids which can be flipped over for a nonstick griddle. The waffle grids/griddles are easy to flip over as they are just clipped.
After receiving the waffle iron, I read the instructional manual first. I cleaned the grids in warm sudsy water. When dried, I oiled the grids before using. It takes about 8 minutes for the unit to heat up for making waffles. The light will come on when the unit is ready. Once the batter has been poured in, the light will go off momentarily and then will come back on. After it goes off again, the waffle is done. It takes about 6 to 7 minutes to cook each waffle. This is basically the only con that I have for this product. My GE baked the waffles quicker. This Black & Decker product is perfect for a small family of two or three, but if you are making waffles for a four or more, there will be some wait time. This would not be bad if I had an electric food warmer, but I do not.
As for the grill side, it makes the best grilled sandwiches. It browns the bread evenly with very little margarine on the bread.
Clean up is a breeze. Wash in warm sudsy water after the grids have cooled.

Upc: 0050875062009
Features: Variable heat control. Stands upright for storage. Nonstick cooking surfaces wipe clean. Chrome housing and stay-cool black handles. Versati...