Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm Reviews

Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm

Depends On What You Want In A Lip Balm: Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm

Jan 4, 2006 (Updated Jan 4, 2006)

Pros:Not waxy; contains sunscreen; smells/tastes good; cold roller ball applicator feels good; printed expiration date

Cons:Moisture doesn't last; frequent reapplication necessary; scent and taste take getting used to

The Bottom Line: While this is an interesting and unique lip balm product, its performance isn't quite what it should be for my needs. It's average at best.

As a really big lip balm addict, I was really intrigued when I saw that Blistex introduced a liquid lip balm. I found this product on sale at a local drugstore for just $1.99 and had to buy it - I was dying to try it!

Product Details:

Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm looks like a regular lip balm, but instead of being a stick, there is liquid inside the tube, with a roller ball applicator - much like the older lip glosses we used in the 1970's and 1980's (remember Kissing Potion?). The difference is that this roller ball is smaller and is made from silver metal. The tube is small - it measures just 2.5" long and is just over .5" in diameter, including the cap. It holds .14 oz. of liquid balm. The tube is made from a shimmery, silver plastic that is almost transparent, but not quite. The cap is made from the same plastic and screws off and on.

The expiration date is printed both on the box this product comes in and on the end of the lip balm tube.

Blistex makes these claims about this product (taken from packaging):

*Light Feel, Great Protection: Lip Infusion's liquid formula feels light and comfortable on lips while providing concentrated moisturizers and all the sun and dryness protection lips need.

*Penetrating Moisturization: Lip Infusion bathes your lips in moisture for a different feeling you'll notice immediately. And, since it's a liquid, it absorbs quickly into the lips. It even contains a penetrating moisturizer for deep hydration.

*Sun Protection: Lip Infusion provides SPF 15 protection without aminobenzoic acid (PABA).

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Active Ingredients: Lanolin 13.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, oxybenzone 2.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, flavor, fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, phenoxyethanol, saccharin, jojoba seed oil, squalane.

My Experience:

I had my doubts from the start that any liquid balm could protect my lips from the cold, harsh winter air. My perception has always been that the heavier a balm is, the better it protects. So I didn't think that a liquid would do anything for me. However, I think so far that Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm has done a fair (but not great) job so far of protecting my lips this winter.

The scent of Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm is unlike any scent I've come across. It took me a few days to figure out what I think it smells like. To my nose, it's a cream soda scent with a bit of licorice. I hate licorice, but I like this scent - the licorice scent isn't prominent enough for me to hate it. The "cream soda with a hint of licorice" (as I'm calling it) is a fairly strong scent - and it took me the same few days to get used to it. However, now that I've had this balm for a few months, I don't even notice the scent anymore. As for the taste - it's a somewhat sweet cream soda flavor. I don't detect any licorice in the flavor.

The feel of Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm is that of a runny lip gloss. It's not thick at all and glides onto the lips quickly and easily. It goes on clear. It doesn't dry on the lips; it stays until it wears off. And believe me when I say that it wears off - it wears off faster than any lip balm I've ever used. For me, it lasts about 15 minutes before it needs to be reapplied. NONE of the moisture is still there after the balm wears off - my lips are back to being bone dry. So Blistex's "deep hydration" claim is definitely false.

About the metal roller ball applicator - I actually like this applicator, even though at first it sounded weird to me. The super cold ball is soothing on my lips wether they are chapped or not.

Since I keep this balm with me all the time, the frequent reapplication is something that I have to do. This is why I think this product does a fair job of keeping my lips from getting chapped. I think that if I didn't reapply it all the time, my lips would have been really chapped this winter so far.

Overall, this isn't a bad lip balm, but it's not great. It's interesting, unique and somewhat fun, but the frequent reapplication makes me crazy sometimes. It's just annoying. The moisture doesn't last at all, and I feel like I'm just temporarily "wetting" my lips most of the time. This makes me question its ability to protect from the sun for longer than 15 minutes at a time. I wonder if the sunscreen protection disappears with the moisture. I probably won't purchase this product again because it doesn't really suit my needs. But if this is the type of balm you might like, then it's probably a good choice.

Price and Purchasing Information:

I got my Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm at my local Rite Aid drugstore for $1.99 on sale. I've seen it for as little as $1.99 and as high as $2.99. It should be available at all drugstores and mass merchants by now. Online, it can currently be purchased at Walgreens.com for $2.99.

Only One Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm Cherry Splash No Exp Date

Only One Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm Cherry Splash No Exp Date

*You'll ONLY Receive ONE* Discontinued Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Roller tip Balm Cherry Splash. Contains sunscreen and no expired date on pack...

Lot Of 2 Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm Cherry Splash No Exp Date

Lot Of 2 Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm Cherry Splash No Exp Date

*LOT OF 2 You'll only receive two* Discontinued Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Roller tip Balm Cherry Splash. Contains sunscreen and no expired dat...

Blistex Lip Balm By Blistex Inc.

Blistex Lip Balm By Blistex Inc.

Assorted Lip Balm: Lip Balm Blistex
Blistex Lip Balm Ointment - Large Size - 0.35 oz

Blistex Lip Balm Ointment - Large Size - 0.35 oz

Blistex Lip Balm OintmentBlistex Lip Ointment's Advance Moisture System delivers penetrating medication in a unique formula to relieve cold sores and ...
American Drug Supply Store

3 Blistex Lip Medex 0_25 Oz

3 Blistex Lip Medex 0_25 Oz

3 BLISTEX LIP MEDEX EXTERNAL ANALGESIC LIP PROTECTANT

Blistex Lip Balm Medex By Blistex Inc.

Blistex Lip Balm Medex By Blistex Inc.

Medex Lip Balm: Blistex Lip Balm
Blistex Lip Balm Berry .15 Oz (3 Pack)

Blistex Lip Balm Berry .15 Oz (3 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Blistex Lip Balm Berry .15 Oz (3 Pack) Seals in moisture to soothe prevent dry lips Smooth easy-gliding p...

Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips - 48 Ea

Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips - 48 Ea

Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips provides relief for sore lips. It also leaves them feeling soft and conditioned. Blistex Lip Medex Cooling R...

Blistex Lip Protectant, Herbal Answer, SPF 15  0.15 oz  (24 pcs)

Blistex Lip Protectant, Herbal Answer, SPF 15 0.15 oz (24 pcs)

Blistex Lip Protectant, Herbal AnswerHerbal AnswerŪ is a light, pleasant tasting balm that soothes, comforts and protects dry chapped lips with the nu...
American Drug Supply Store

Blistex Lip Medicated Ointment (2 Pack)

Blistex Lip Medicated Ointment (2 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Blistex Lip Medicated Ointment (2 Pack) *The total Qty is 2! *Penetrate medication Moisture. *Size is .21...