Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm Reviews

Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm

23 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

I'D GIVE UP THE ROLLERBALL FOR SOME STAYING POWER, BLISTEX!

May 12, 2006 (Updated May 12, 2006)

Pros:Cute packaging, SPF15.

Cons:No staying power.

The Bottom Line: I think blistex spent more on the packaging than the product this time.

The hot Texas sun is back and with it, those parched lips that need protection. I have tons of lip balms of which my favorites are Burt’s Bees and Blistex. I have to have one of these products at all times.

In spring and summer, I often go through a lot of lip balm. Living close to the sea as well as frequent beach outings and pool barbeques requires regular bastings. When I ran out this time, I found Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm and since this has SPF15, which the other does not, I opted to try it this time for a change. I bought this product at the Dollar General Store for two bucks.

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Lanolin 13.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, oxybenzone 2.0%.

Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, flavor, fragrance, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, phenoxyethanol, saccharin, simmondsia chinensis(jojoba) seed oil, squalane.

This product comes in a cute, silver, 2.5 inch, hard plastic tube with a screw off cap. It has a roller-ball applicator and smells a little like caramel. Tastes like it too.

Warnings: Do not use on deep puncture wounds, animal bites, serious burns, stop use if rash occurs.

Blistex’ Claim:

Light Feel, Great Protection : Lip Infusion's liquid formula feels light and comfortable on lips while providing concentrated moisturizers and all the sun and dryness protection lips need.

Ultra-Smooth Rolling Tip : Lip Infusion's incredibly smooth rolling tip applicator is designed for superb comfort in use. It delivers a pleasant, soothing sensation as it glides softly over lips.

Penetrating Moisturization: Lip Infusion bathes your lips in moisture for a different feeling you'll notice immediately. And, since it's a liquid, it absorbs quickly into the lips. It even contains a penetrating moisturizer for deep hydration.

Sun Protection: Lip Infusion provides SPF15 protection without aminobenzoic acid (PABA).

My Experience:

I quickly found out that this product is not as effective as a regular lip balm. There is nothing indicating that it is medicated and can heal chapped lips, that’s what I call a balm. This is just a moisturizing, sun protectant.

It reminds me of the first lip glosses that came out with the roller ball type applicator except this one looks like a large ball bearing, it being silver too. The product is easy to apply by rolling the ball over the lips. It is a runny product with a candy-like taste and scent that I think is quite pleasant. It feels good on the lips when applied but tends to sit there a while before it absorbs. That becomes a bit of a problem because the more it sits there, the more likely it is to get licked or wiped off. And so most of the product is gone before it can absorb. Hence, multiple application is in order.

When I use a lip product and I am sure that this is true for you too, I want it to have staying power so that I don’t have the hassle of constantly reapplying. Unfortunately, this product has little staying power so to get that moisture into your lips takes quite a while and quite a few applications. The SPF15? Well, that speaks for itself.

Conclusion:

I love the cute packaging of Bistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm. It also has a yummy scent and taste and I do like the way the metal applicator smooths this product on the lips. However, I hardly think it is a lip balm. More like a sun protectant/lip gloss (and a cheap one at that), not a healer.

I am quite disappointed in this Blistex product as I can’t find another use for it. I certainly won’t use it as a lip balm, it just does not have the staying power a lip balm needs to protect from the elements. If all you are looking for is a weak sun protectant, go for it. Other than that, don’t waste your money.

For more in formation, go to: http://www.blistex.com

Or call: 1-800-837-1800

Other lip products:

Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment
Burt's Bees Lip Gloss
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer
Avon Perfect Wear Ever Glaze Lip Ink & Gloss Duo

5 Blistex Lip Balm- Variety

5 Blistex Lip Balm- Variety

5 Different Blistex Lip Balm: Simple and Sensitive, Raspberry Lemonade Blast, Medicated Mint, Medicated Berry and Medicated Lip Balms Posted with eBay...

Blistex Lip Balm Berry .15 Oz (pack Of 3)

Blistex Lip Balm Berry .15 Oz (pack Of 3)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Blistex Lip Balm Berry .15 Oz (Pack of 3) Seals in moisture to soothe prevent dry lips Smooth easy-glidin...

Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips - Lot Of 48 With Stand

Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips - Lot Of 48 With Stand

Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips - Lot of 48 with stand PRODUCT FEATURES: Blistex Lip Medex Cooling Relief For Lips provides relief for sore ...

Blistex Lip Medex Lip Moisturizer .25 oz

Blistex Lip Medex Lip Moisturizer .25 oz

External Analgesic Lip Protectant br Relieves Sore Lips Restores Moisture balance Quickly Cools, Comforts Relieves 2 Sore Lips: Lip Medex s medic...
drugstore.com

Blistex Lip Protectant, Raspberry Lemonade Blast, Spf 15 - 0.15 Oz

Blistex Lip Protectant, Raspberry Lemonade Blast, Spf 15 - 0.15 Oz

overstockdrugstore store CHECK OUT OUR EBAY STORE Blistex Lip Protectant, Raspberry Lemonade Blast, SPF 15 - 0.15 oz Details Blistex Lip Protectant. H...

Kanka Mouth Pain Liquid Blistex Lip +25 Gum Threader Dental Floss Braces Bridges

zestyful1 Store KANK +A MOUTH PAIN LIQUID, BLISTEX LIP OINTMENT,25 G.U.M DENTAL THREADER FLOSS ~LOW BUY IT NOW PRICE FAST SHIPPING! PHOTO SHOWS LESS, ...

Blistex - Medicated Lip Balm Berry 15 SPF - 0.15 oz.

Blistex - Medicated Lip Balm Berry 15 SPF - 0.15 oz.

Blistex MedicatedBerry Lip BalmSPF 15 - .15 oz. (4.25g) Blistex Medicated Berry Lip Balm helps prevent dryness and chapping. Blistex Medicated Berry L...
LuckyVitamin.com