Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added Ice Cream Bar Krunch Lites 12 bars Reviews

Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added Ice Cream Bar Krunch Lites 12 bars

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Ice Cream Bars that won't cause your clothes to shrink in the dryer!

Nov 29, 2008

Pros:Taste great, will satisfy your sweet tooth.

Cons:Some saturated fat.

The Bottom Line: I recommend these bars if you are watching your carb intake, but still want to satisfy sweet cravings.

We're fast approaching a new year, and as such, many will be making the almighty resolution to lose weight.  Despite your desire to only eat healthy food, the cravings can make you crazy.  It's Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added Ice Cream Bars to the rescue!

The product:

According to the bright yellow and red box featuring a huge ice cream bar, Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added Ice Cream Bar Krunch Lites are made with "Vanilla flavored Lite Ice Cream with Chocolate flavored Coating and Crisp Rice."  The sweetness of the bars comes from Splenda.

Ingredients:

Lite Ice Cream: Milk Fat and Nonfat Milk, Polydextrose, Sorbitol, Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Concentrate, Glycerine, Cellulose Gel, Carob Bean Gum, Sucralose, Mono & Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Vanilla Extract, Vanillin, Polysorbate 80, Vitamin A Palmitate, Annatto (For Color). Coating: Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Soybean), Lactitol, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Whey, Chocolate Liquor, Rice (Rice, Salt), Soy Lecithin, Vanillin, Sucralose.  (taken from www.bluebunny.com).

Each bar has 90 calories, and measures approximately 4.25"x1.25".  Not huge, but still decent sized.  (For additional nutritional information, go to http://www.bluebunny.com.)

So What's the Big Deal?:

The big deal is these bars do not taste like a reduced calorie, artificially sweetened ice cream bar.

Introduced to me by my aunt and uncle when I went for a visit, I read the package and said, "Um, ewww, no thanks."  After more cajoling, I gave in.  I took one bite and was pleasantly surprised.
The chocolate coating is smooth and chocolatey...not waxy like you've bitten off a piece of a candle.  The crisp rice gives a nice texture while chewing, and the ice cream actually tastes like ice cream.  All in all, a very close replication of a very fattening, very yummy "real" ice cream bar.

I purchased a 12-count package of these at the grocery store when I got home.  I paid around $3.50.  My husband took one look and scrunched up his nose.  I made him take a bite, and was rewarded with a "mmMMmm."  Blue Bunny cannot get a better endorsement.  Mr. Lllovemakeup generally steers clear of any food packaging that includes the word "light."

Are Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added Ice Cream Bar Krunch Lites perfect?  No.  Each bar contains 26% of the daily allowance of saturated fat.  Ugh.  However, indulging in one isn't going to require a subsequent by-pass surgery.  The key is not reading the labeling and deciding you can have 10.

Final thoughts:

Blue Bunny has actually done a good job with these treats.  They taste good and can quell a craving without making you feel as if you need to starve yourself for the rest of the day to make up for what you just ate.  I recommend these to anyone who still wants a sweet treat every  now and again, but doesn't want the extra calories and fat.

You can find these bars in virtually any grocery store, along with other many other Blue Bunny sweet treats.

I give these bars three and a half stars, but will round up to four sweet, crunchy stars.

(A big thank you to Bruguru for getting this added to the database lightning fast!)

Thanks for reading!

Psycho Bunny Scarf W/blue Side Stripe 100% Lambswool Black Msrp $110

Psycho Bunny Scarf W/blue Side Stripe 100% Lambswool Black Msrp $110

This Listing:Psycho Bunny by Robert Godley -Lambswool Black with Blue Side Stripe Scarf This Psycho Bunny Side Stripe Scarf is constructed from 100% l...

Bunnies By The Bay - Sweet Hops Rattle - Pink

Bunnies By The Bay - Sweet Hops Rattle - Pink

Baby Accessories - Bunnies By The Bay - Sweet Hops - Pink
AtterdagKids.com

Sammydress

Coney Isle Baby Girls' Sweet Bunny Pram Suit

Bundle baby up in the stroller and beyond with this Coney Isle suit! The plush exterior is paired with a fleece lining for cozy winter warmth. A full ...

Sammydress

Bunnies By The Bay - Sweet Hops Rattle - Blue

Bunnies By The Bay - Sweet Hops Rattle - Blue

Baby Accessories - Bunnies By The Bay - Sweet Hops - Blue
AtterdagKids.com

Beach Bunny Sweet Desire Tri Top Women's Swimwear Size LG

Beach Bunny Sweet Desire Tri Top Women's Swimwear Size LG

Radiate confidence in this seductive Beach Bunny bikini top. Sliding triangle top features contrast lace detailing at cups an an allover print. Plungi...
6pm.com

Psycho Bunny Oxford Sport Shirt

Psycho Bunny Oxford Sport Shirt

Signature skull bunny embroidery brands the chest pocket of a soft, cotton oxford sport shirt designed with a button-down collar, grosgrain-trimmed in...
Nordstrom

Psycho Bunny Blue Plaid Button Down Size X Large 100% Cotton

Psycho Bunny Blue Plaid Button Down Size X Large 100% Cotton

NWT Psycho Bunny Blue Plaid Button Down Size X Large 100% Cotton If you have any questions feel free to contact us at any time. WE SHIP WORLDWIDE