Bobbi Brown Face Powder Face Powder Reviews

Bobbi Brown Face Powder Face Powder

Perfect Coverage!--Bobbi Brown Loose Face Powder

Oct 18, 2002 (Updated Oct 18, 2002)

Pros:Great long-lasting coverage. Perfect for my fair coloring.

Cons:Price is a bit high, availability is limited

The Bottom Line: Price aside, Bobbi Brown Face Powder is perfect. Coverage is even, light, matte and long lasting!

As I've aged, it's become apparent to me that the bargain, drugstore beauty products I relied on as a teenager will no longer hold up to my aging skin, and changing complexion.

I now need cosmetics that won't settle into fine lines that sadly keep popping up, and will provide lasting all day coverage for my combination skin.

In my search for powdered perfection, I've gone through tons of them, and finally, finally found my match in Bobbi Brown's Loose Face Powder. Read on to see why I'll never use another powder despite it's steep price.

The Look of Bobbi Brown-
If you've ever seen Bobbi Brown's line of cosmetics, you might be familiar with the packaging. They all have a sleek looking black container with gold trim and lettering. The Loose Powder comes in a screw top, pot that's 1oz. or 28 grams. Once you take off the lid, the powder is collected on a small tray beneath.

Price and Selection-
You can purchase Bobbi Brown's Loose Face Powder at local make-up counters, or her signature website www.bobbibrown.com. If you've never used or tried out Bobbi Brown products before, you may wish to visit a counter to get your color matched. The Loose Face Powder is available in 6 colors, Pale Yellow, Basic Brown, Sunny Beige, Soft Sand, Golden Orange, and Warm Natural. I use the Pale Yellow that is just that in color.

Bobbi Brown's website describes the Loose Powder on their website as the following:

"Essential for setting makeup to ensure long wear. All powders are yellow-based to warm and enliven the complexion for a healthy and natural-looking skin tone. Now in a modern, convenient jar with sifter."

Using Bobbi Brown's Loose Powder-
The application of Bobbi Brown's Loose Powder is relatively simple. After screwing off the lid, you'll see the powder collected on the sifter. If you need more powder, then replace the lid and shake a bit more onto it. The Loose Powder does not come with either a puff or a brush, so you'll need to supply your own. I highly recommend a brush, as the powder is quite fine, and a little is plenty.

I apply daily after using foundation. The loose powder is light enough to set the foundation, and lock in that just made up look. I have also used the Loose Powder as a stand alone product to even my skin tone out and cover up eye circles and the like. It's a wonderful product to achieve both a "polished" make up look as well as a more natural glow.

What I Love!-
I simply can't rave enough about the Loose Powder. I have had the same container for about 6 months now, a little covers beautifully. The powdered finish lasts nicely for hours, and gives a really flawless coverage that I've been unable to find elsewhere.

What Could Be Better-
While I am in love with this product, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that the price is high. I purchased my powder for $29.00, and I see that the website now lists it at $30.00. I have had my powder for some time, but compared to others out there, this is a bit high. The container may also be irritating to some consumers. If you like a puff or a small, compact, then this is not the product for you. There is no way to carry and apply this later in the day without toting along a brush.

All In All-
Despite the initially steep price, Bobbi Brown's Loose Face Powder has proven itself over time to be invaluable to me. The long lasting coverage, and light look suit me perfectly.

Ingredients-
Talc, Zea Mays (Corn), Starch, Silica, Polyethylene,
Isopropyl Myristate, Methylparabern, Propylparaben,
(MAY CONTAIN)
Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499)
Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)
Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Coverage: Light to medium coverage

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td height=28px valign=middle align=centerfont fa...

BOBBI BROWN Face Powder SIZE: 6g/.21oz - Sample size Pick Your Shade BRAND NEW without BOX
Brand new . UNBOXED . 6g/.21oz .Please select item you want to purchase . Thanks .
We are not representatives of this brand and/or company and are not affiliated with them in any way Domestic (USA) Shipping: In general we will ship...
THIS LISTING IS FOR: 1 Brand New Bottle By Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme 5C1 RICH COCOA 14 Ultra Firming Makeup For Women ! *Note* bottles are ...
Bobbi Brown CREAMY CONCEALER/SHEER POWDER in ~ SAND / PALE YELLOW ~Brand new, unboxed, may have tester sticker.Also, top will screw off, not pop open....
BOBBI BROWN PRETTY POWERFUL Bobbi To Go Holiday lip palette beige lip color red lip color beige gold metallic lip color ruby metallic lip color Black ...
BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK COMPACT in TAWNY Net wt. 0.4 oz./ 10.3 g 100% Brand New and Authentic,never used or tested, comes without box Fast Shipping!