Body by Jake Gravity Force Trainer Reviews

Body by Jake Gravity Force Trainer

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

My review of Body by Jake's Gravity Force Trainer

Dec 10, 2009

Pros:easy to use, great for a younger person or newbie

Cons:expensive so look for the many bargains, not for the advanced

The Bottom Line: I liked the Gravity Force Trainer and for the right price recommend it.

I have reviewed several Body by Jake pieces. I have not been overly impressed though two got 4 stars from me.

Let me start by saying that you will be able to get a great deal on Jake’s Gravity Force. Although you may see it as high as $800, you’ll also see it for $300 and on eBay and craigslist for even less. My bottom line is that I would never pay more than $300 for the Gravity Force and $100 sounds even better.

What is the Gravity Force Trainer?

In a similar sense as the Total Gym this machine uses your own body weight to work it. In addition like the Total Gym there are resistance levels. “The Gravity Force Trainer lets you do something that no other fitness machine can do - control the force of gravity. That let's (sic) you work against as much or as little of your body weight as you want.” http://www.squidoo.com/bodybyjakegravityforcetrainer  That isn’t true because there are other machines where you control the force of gravity.

In a very dramatic way we are told that I just sit, push and pull through Jake’s Pillars of Strength Workout. What that actually is telling me and that I found out using this machine is that there are seven exercises I did with this machine. Seven exercises in 21 minutes might make a difference for some. It is better than nothing for sure and it is kind of fun to use. You like me may keep going back to the great deal you saw.

When I first saw it I thought of an exercise bike but it is nothing like a bike. The seat is attached to a lever system with the handles. I felt the workout more in my arms, back and abs than I did in my legs.

I would recommend this for first time exercises. Since it has no mechanical parts (though it does have moving parts) it would make a good gift for a teenager.

What the Gravity Force Trainer comes with and specs:

You will get a workout manual and a DVD as well as an eating guide.

The machine is about 38 inches wide by 60 inches long and 38 inches high.

The maximum weight of the user is 350 pounds.

It will work for short people and people over 6’ tall.

The warranties will differ depending on where you buy this machine. Since there are no mechanics to it I wouldn’t worry too much especially for a low price.

My experiences:

I found very little cardio vascular work when using the Gravity Force Trainer. I did feel the effects of the machine to a degree which is why I say it is for beginner.

This is an easy to use machine which is a pro especially for the newbie or young person.

The seven exercises
which I will go into more detail about are a seated squat, chest press, lat pull down (back), shoulder press, triceps dip, biceps curl, and abdominal crunch. So it really does hit all the spots but the seated squat is a bit lame.

I found it very easy to go from one exercise to another and actually felt like I was doing a circuit workout.

I didn’t like the backrest. It isn’t terrible but I didn’t find it really comfortable when lying down to do the chest press for example.

I felt constant tension on my muscles while doing exercises which was great. I felt as if I couldn’t cheat. That is often a complaint of people using machines. They feel as if the tension isn’t the same throughout the movement. I think you’ll find like I did that it is.

Although I was using my own body weight and gravity I was able to use from 5% to 150% of my body weight – think Gravitron type machines. For woman you may want to use more of the machine’s resistance and do more reps and vice versa for men. Note that not all the exercises go to 150% resistance. For example the “pull” exercises do but the push ones do not. This once again goes back to the target audience.

More specific exercise information

I set the resistance knob to what % I wanted depending on the exercise I was doing.

The seated squat: This is done sitting on the padded sit while going up and down. Although nothing like a squat with weights on your shoulders, I did feel some isolation in my quadriceps.

The chest press: There are large handles on the front of the machine. Lifting the handles brought me up and lowering them brought me down. I did feel this in my chest area.

The lat pull down: This really should be called a row since nothing is being pulled down. The handles are being pulled back and when squeezing my lats this exercise is effective.

The triceps press: I really like this exercise. It truly does simulate a triceps press down or dip.

The ab crunch: This is also very effective and is as good as any seated ab machine you might use.

The shoulder press: I stay away from shoulder exercises so I cannot attest to this exercise.

The biceps curl: Seated away from the machine I lifted the handles and had a decent biceps workout.

So there they are – the 7 Pillars!

Jake and the Never Land Pirates Magical Sword

Jake and the Never Land Pirates Magical Sword

Get ready to save the treasure from Hook and Smee as you pretend to be Jake with your very own Jake and the Never Land Pirates Magical Sword! Press th...
Girl's Jake and the Neverland Pirates Izzy Classic Costume

Girl's Jake and the Neverland Pirates Izzy Classic Costume

Find costumes, accessories and props at Target.com! Girl's jake and the neverland pirates izzy classic costume

Disguise Jake Classic Jake and the Neverland Pirates Costume DI41748_M

Disguise Jake Classic Jake and the Neverland Pirates Costume DI41748_M

Shop for Holiday Decorations at The Home Depot. Captain Hook and his pirates don't stand a chance against your boy when he's dressed in the Jake and t...
Home Depot

Fisher-Price Jake and the Neverland Pirates - Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky

Fisher-Price Jake and the Neverland Pirates - Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky

Ahoy, little mateys! The Fisher-Price Jake and the Neverland Pirates - Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky is crafted with all the treasures and wonders ...

Toy Fisher-price Disneys Jake The Never Land Pirates Jakes Musical Pirate Sh

Toy Fisher-price Disneys Jake The Never Land Pirates Jakes Musical Pirate Sh

Product Details: Fisher-Price Disney's Jake and The Never Land Pirates - Jake's Musical Pirate Sh Yo-ho-ho! Prepare the Transformers, Hot Wheels and y...

Disney Jake and the NeverLand Pirates Sword

Disney Jake and the NeverLand Pirates Sword

Disney Junior Jake's Magical Sword Will Transport You to Never Land Wielding this Disney's Jake & the Pirates' Jake's Magical Sword will drop you righ...
Kmart

Disney Jake and the NeverLand Pirates Sword Multi-color

Disney Jake and the NeverLand Pirates Sword Multi-color

Playhut Jake And The Neverland Pirates, Bucky Play Structure,

Playhut Jake And The Neverland Pirates, Bucky Play Structure,

Listing Payment Shipping Handling Returns Exchanges Store Contact Payment We want to ensure that all of our buyers are offered all the benefits that e...

Body By Jake - Padded Lifting Belt Large -

Body By Jake - Padded Lifting Belt Large -

Body By Jake - Padded Lifting Belt - Large Body By Jake Large Padded Lifting Belt lets you work out safely and efficiently. Rigid foam construction he...
LuckyVitamin.com

Fisher-Price Jake and the Never Land Pirates Splashin' Bucky Bath Toy Play Set

Fisher-Price Jake and the Never Land Pirates Splashin' Bucky Bath Toy Play Set

Add a high seas pirate adventure to your little one's bath or shower time with the Fisher-Price Jake and the Never Land Pirates Splashin' Bucky Bath T...