Susan E. Andriks - Bridal Gowns: How to Make the Wedding Dress of Your Dreams

This one has the WOW! I can do that factor.

May 15, 2003 (Updated May 18, 2003)

Pros:One of the Best informative books I have found on the market.

Cons:Alas no instructions for care and storeage of your masterpiece.

The Bottom Line: The most comprehensive book I have come across that deals with the subject of bridal sewing in its entirety. A MUST BUY - it covers more than you imagine!

What a neat book!
As a dressmaker and teacher this book has been absolutely marvelous for me to refer to as a guide for my clients when choosing dress styles and when they are unsure of what they really want…. A great tool for putting together ideas.
My students have had a lot of mileage out of it also as a reference guide.

How many times have I heard stories of home sewers buying expensive bridal material with good intentions then hovering over it with the scissors unsure of whether to cut it out or not—not wanting to make a mess of it!

Well………….this book is what you need, it sorts out all those worries, all that apprehension and gives you the confidence to proceed.

Susan Andriks the author has very skillfully arranged this book so that you begin with the advice on choosing your gown style, where to look for help, and figure considerations for the best overall result on the big day.
That’s what really makes this book stand out is the section devoted to “Figure flattering styles”, what ever your figure you want to look perfect on the day, Susan covers it well here whatever your shape or size— what will complement you or what to avoid.
There are beautiful illustrations of different styles that really whet your appetite, and get the imagination flowing and beside these great to see a suggestion of suitable fabrics and trims to complement each style.
But she doesn’t stop there, she goes on to give us “traceable” figure outlines which you can use to design your dream gown...this I haven’t seen before...a great idea!

But wait!

She goes on to help you in the designing process by including “traceable” waistlines, necklines, back and sleeves…..later on in the book also veils and trains.
INSPIRATIONAL!

From there we are guided very thoroughly through the construction of the gown to make those dreams come true.
Believe me nothing is left to chance here.

Mothers of the Bride and Groom, children, flowers, the choice of color themes and the use of bridal consultants are all given consideration.

Susan then takes us through the fitting of several women of differing body shapes and sizes, the alterations made for them and then we get the see the final result, and let me tell you it is miraculous.

We get the usual sewing advice, this is very easy to follow through and understand. Lace, pin tucking, pressing, hemming, seams, boning, attaching trains, fabric types and treatments, are just a few of the techniques mentioned—there are many more.
Spinkled throughout are also "tips for the dressmaker" extremely helpful for those sewing for clients.

Then so as not to leave anything to chance we are treated to a “checklist” to help us sort out the construction of the dress from the design to the finished creation.

I could go on and on about the merits of this book—I think it is the best and most comprehensive I have come across.

I have no hesitation in highly recommending this book to either dressmakers or home sewers who are looking to create the perfect gown.
I also feel a lot of the instructions in this book could be converted to the making of evening gowns,,
ENJOY! ——I did.

Susan G. Komen For The Cure Bowling Towel, Black With Pink Ribbon

Susan G. Komen For The Cure Bowling Towel, Black With Pink Ribbon

mojo729 Store Susan G. Komen For The Cure Bowling Towel Black 100% Cotton Machine washable and dryable. Black Bowling towel with pink ribbon. 17.5 x 9...
Mens Silk Susan Komen Hope For The Cure Red Necktie

Mens Silk Susan Komen Hope For The Cure Red Necktie

Payment Payment is due within 3 days from the date of purchase. Thank you. Shipping We try to ship the next day, but allow three days just in case. Te...

Intertape Pro-Mask Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pink Painters Tape: 1 in. x 60 yds. (Pink)

Lot Of 36 Susan G. Komen For The Cure Solar Calculators, Pink And White

Lot Of 36 Susan G. Komen For The Cure Solar Calculators, Pink And White

Lot of 36 Susan G. Komen for the Cure Solar Calculators, Pink and White Lot of 36 Susan G. Komen for the Cure Solar Powered Desk Calculator with Batte...

Mens Silk Susan Komen Hope For The Cure Necktie Silver

Mens Silk Susan Komen Hope For The Cure Necktie Silver

Bridal Satin Sash with Scroll Design Style O1109

Bridal Satin Sash with Scroll Design Style O1109

Chic and elegant, this sash is perfect for today's modern bride! Satin sash features a lovely, beaded double scroll design. Total length of ribbon: 10...
David's Bridal

Purple Neck Tie Knots For Hope Susan G. Komen For The Cure Solid Classic Length

Purple Neck Tie Knots For Hope Susan G. Komen For The Cure Solid Classic Length

KNOTS FOR HOPE BENEFITING SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS PURPLE TIE HAS THE PINK RIBBON NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE TIE 100% POLYESTER...
M Susan Lucci Dress Black Womens Spaghetti Strap Lined Stretch Holiday

M Susan Lucci Dress Black Womens Spaghetti Strap Lined Stretch Holiday

New with tags. No visible flaws. Black polyester spandex blend dress.Flowy material. Stretch. Lined.Partially adjustable spaghetti straps.Material to ...

Mens Susan Komen For The Cure Breast Cancer Necktie Knots For Hope