James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge - Run for Your Life

Run For Your Life - Patterson & Ledwidge

Jan 14, 2011 (Updated Jan 15, 2011)

Pros:good flow to writing, believable characters

Cons:none for me

The Bottom Line:
"And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you agai"
~Pink Floyd

The Story:
As much fun as Alex Cross may have been in Patterson's other books, we find Mike Bennett a detective we can identify with.  Bennett is a widower, with 10 children and a father-in-law that grates on his every nerve.  Unlike Cross, who seemed affluent and savvy, Bennett is like the rest of us faced with runny noses, school problems, and a household in utter chaos.

However a new problem has arrived in his life known as The Teacher.  Teacher is quickly becoming a serial killer with an agenda and despite the trouble brewing in his own home, Bennett must find this guy/gal before they kill even more.

With eight of his ten children down with the flu he calls on his father-in-law to step in and help the nanny while he goes from crime scene to crime scene, trying to ferret out his new nemesis.  When it becomes personal, Bennett has to go beyond all his reserves to bring the bad guy/gal down.

The Layout:
What I really enjoyed about this book was the quickly read chapters.  Even when it jumped from one phase of the story to another, it was an enjoyable read because each chapter held your interest just long enough to make you want to move on to the next.  The writing style was smooth and flowed nicely.

The characters were easily identified with; Bennett seemed down to earth and believable.  Still grieving over the recent death of his wife, loving his mixed brood of adopted children, a bit of charisma with a feisty reporter lady, good exchanges with his overworked nanny, and tentative relationship with his father-in-law turned priest.   I also liked the way he didn't always seem to flow well with his fellow officers and honchos and his dogged determination to capture his prey.

I also enjoyed the fact that the bad guy wasn't who you expected all along.

thanks,
Susi

ISBN-10: 044656267X
416 pages
Grand Central Publishing
Writers: James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge

This is an entry in the January Lean-n-Mean contest.

Gone Audio Book James Patterson Michael Bennett Unabridged 7 Cds Thriller

Gone Audio Book James Patterson Michael Bennett Unabridged 7 Cds Thriller

Brand new audio book is titled GONE from the Michael Bennett series written by James Patterson Michael Ledwidge. Read by Danny Mastrogiorgio Henry Ley...

I, Michael Bennett eBook

I, Michael Bennett eBook

Buy I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today -...
Kobo eBooks

Free 2 Day Shipping: Kiss The Girls (alex Cross) By James Patterson, Michael

Free 2 Day Shipping: Kiss The Girls (alex Cross) By James Patterson, Michael

Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross) by James Patterson, Michael Kramer (Audio CD)ISBN - ISBN - 1619694131

Free 2 Day Shipping: Merry Christmas, Alex Cross By James Patterson, Michael

Free 2 Day Shipping: Merry Christmas, Alex Cross By James Patterson, Michael

Merry Christmas, Alex Cross by James Patterson, Michael Boatman, Stephen Kunken (Audio ISBN - ISBN - 1611130298

Free 2 Day Shipping: Cross My Heart (alex Cross) By James Patterson, Michael Boa

Cross My Heart (Alex Cross) by James Patterson, Michael Boatman, Tom Wopat (Audio CD)UPS 2nd Day Air is two business days.P.O. box addresses / HI / AK...