Boom Board Deluxe Exercise Package Reviews

Boom Board Deluxe Exercise Package

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Boom Board Deluxe Exercise Package for the right price...

Jan 15, 2010

Pros:easy to store, portable, make your own resistance

Cons:the retail price

The Bottom Line:

The Boom Board turned out to be a cute gadget. I liked it as a replacement to my many tubes.

What is the Boom Board?

I would like to start by noting how difficult I found rating the Boom Board was. This is the kind of piece I write about often that isn't necessary but it works and in this case it is really cute. It comes in colors and packs up nicely in a bag which comes with the Boom Board Package.

As I wrote in my review of The Marcy Mini Stepper, small indoor exercise equipment is a trend we should be seeing in 2010. As people cannot afford gym memberships or fancy home equipment they will be looking for systems such as the Boom Board.

The Boom Board is a portable body sculpting system that helps increase endurance, muscle tone, and flexibility. The company claims that it offers cardio-vascular and resistance exercises that work the muscles and all you need is 15 minutes.

As you may know if you have read my reviews I was immediately ready to dislike the Boom Board but tried to keep an open mind.

I liked the fact that I could quickly move from one exercise to another and still control how hard the exercise was by the amount of resistance I used. In fact, it seems to me the hallmark of the Boom Board is that you can work fast and hardly move from the place you are standing. Although it got my heart rate up the Boom Board is not a replacement for a cardio workout!

You will get:

The Boom Board Base
Boom Board Handles which are attached to the base
A push button that adjusts the cables to the length you want.
A workout DVD
Workout Guide
Boom Board 7 Day Kick Start Meal
A bag

This retails for $159.00 which is about $100 more than the Boom Board Exercise Package should cost. I looked around for you and found this Package in Canada for about $80.00 but then you would have the shipping. But on the Shopping Channel it is on clearance for $48.00. You can also find it discounted on eBay.

Specifications:

The Boom Board is 2 1/4 inches high by 29 inches wide by 1 1/2 inches deep. It weighs less than 8 pounds so although you might not want to take up 8 pounds on your checked-in luggage, it can certainly travel with you in a car, RV, or on your carry-on luggage.

I could not find the maximum user weight anywhere on this product - either in person or online. For me that was important to know so I assumed it would be for you as well especially since it seems to be "just a board."  The PR person for Body Boom told me this, "As part of our quality control testing, Boom Board Fitness ran over the board with a large, 7300 pound SUV. Since only one tire ran it over it at a time, the Boom Board was able to sustain (with no damage) about 1,825 pounds. That said, we feel confident that a person weighing 1000 pounds could safely work out on the Boom Board." I didn't try this for verification!

Let's use it:

A pro of the Boom Board is that like using resistance bands you won't have to buy several sets of dumbbells and the cost of several sets of dumbbells adds up. Still I prefer dumbbells to the Body Board. That's just me. I am really trying to look at this product from all sides. You can also buy resistance bands, which the cables of the Body Board mimics.

Another pro is that the company has made The Boom Boad easier to use than resistance bands because it gave me the ability to change the length of the cable.

I cannot truly understand what the Body Board offered me that weights or resistance bands don't offer me. Having said that if I really could buy it for $48.00 (or less) it makes a nice addition to a home gym rather than having to buy several bands.

The board is a wide, flat semi-circle with the two handles attached to the two cables. On one handle is a button which I pressed to adjust the cable. It was very simple to work and seemed quite sturdy - i.e. the risk of something breaking seemed minimal.

One aspect I don't like is that two arms cannot be used at once for many of the exercises. The reason for this is the essence of the Boom Board technology. The time I would use both cables at the same time was, for example, while doing a squat. Both arms, holding the handles, were chest high while I squatted.

I watched the DVD and wasn't all that impressed with the directions given by Seigal. In general I thought the DVD was scattered and not helpful. Sometimes the DVDs aren't crucial but since the Body Board actually takes some figuring out of hand positions, clear instructions are necessary especially for those who have never used cables or bands or are, in general, new to working out. I would hope that if this is given as a gift someone has some work out experience.

The Body Board System is cute as I said above.  It comes in pink, orange, and blue. The handles fit into the Board and then you can just slide it under your bed.

I really could work every part of my body and do every exercise that I would do with resistance bands - biceps curls, lunges, upright rows - you name the body part and you can work it.

I only have a problem with the Body Board because of the price. I will recommend it because you can get a great workout and in a short time (If you work out fast!) and the handles are different enough from resistance band handles to be "cute." This would make a great gift for a younger person or for Valentine's Day - again for the right price.

Fly High Deluxe Universal Contour Boom

Fly High Deluxe Universal Contour Boom

All Fly High''s booms are built to stay strong. For added safety our booms have a dual stainless steel cable system that runs all the way from the boo...
The-House.com

Exercise Ball Package-deluxe 65cm Exercise Ball, Pump, Mat & Back Stretching Dvd

Exercise Ball Package Kit-Deluxe 65cm Exercise Ball, Pump, Mat Back Stretching DVD Kit includes 2 exercise balls, pumps, mats DVD's. The Teeter Hang-U...

Barefoot Deluxe Quad V Drive Boom

Barefoot Deluxe Quad V Drive Boom

This boom has all the highest quality features as our other deluxe booms but has a contour in it to bring the boom forward more out of the spray. It's...

Barefoot Deluxe Straight Boom

Barefoot Deluxe Straight Boom

The Deluxe Straight Boom fits inboard and outboard competition ski boats with a side windshield forward of a non-tapered pylon.

Barefoot Deluxe Quad Contour Boom

Barefoot Deluxe Quad Contour Boom

The Deluxe Quad Contour Boom fits inboard competition boats with a side windshield frame that is more than 8 aft of the pylon.

Barefoot Deluxe Single/Straight Contour Boom

Barefoot Deluxe Single/Straight Contour Boom

The Deluxe Single/Straight Contour Boom fits inboard competition boats with a side windshield frame forward of the pylon.

Sea Eagle 11 Deluxe Package Stand Up Paddle Board Multicolor - LB11K_D

Sea Eagle 11 Deluxe Package Stand Up Paddle Board Multicolor - LB11K_D

Shop for Boats from Hayneedle.com! It's time to get out and enjoy the sun and surf! The Sea Eagle 11 Deluxe package stand up paddle board is a great v...
Hayneedle

GoFit Deluxe Exercise Wheel

GoFit Deluxe Exercise Wheel

The GoFit Deluxe Exercise Wheel engages all of the muscles of the trunk — including the hip flexors, extensors, the erector spinae group, which move...

Marcy Deluxe Exercise Mini Cycle

Marcy Deluxe Exercise Mini Cycle

This Marcy Deluxe Mini Cycle from Impex Fitness with its sleek design is compact and lightweight and can be peddled on the floor for lower body leg wo...