Boomtown Casino Bossier City

Fun To Stay and Play - Boomtown Casino Bossier City

Jan 12, 2004

Pros:The service and staff.

Cons:Casino is too small

The Bottom Line: This is a fun hotel and casino to visit. Great service and lots of good food.

I can’t say that I have been to Boomtown Casino, Bossier City and won a lot of money, but I can tell you that I have been there and had a great time. Boomtown Casino is a fun place to be and has any game you would like to play when it comes to gambling.

The Hotel

The hotel has 188 rooms you can have your choice of the standard room or a suite. We stayed in a suite and let me tell you it was very nice. The décor in the room was very tranquil and we found the room to be very clean and tidy when we arrived. Our room had a king size bed, garden tub and a nice table with two chairs. The tub itself was in the bedroom with the shower, sink and toilet being in a separate bathroom.

It is my understanding that each suite has the same amenities which include, iron and ironing board, ceiling fan, bathroom telephone, dry bar with refrigerator, safe, hair dryer and just about anything else you need to make you stay here a nice one. We had three people staying in the room and found it to be very spacious and comfortable for three people.

The lobby is decorated with large, heavy leather couches and the western theme is carried out in the hotel and the main casino entrance. The staff at the hotel was very wiling to help with any problems you had and wanted to make you stay a pleasant one.

The Casino

While the casino is small, it is full of life and a lot of fun to spend your money.
They have slot machines ranging from $.05 to $100, but most of them are in the 25 cent to $1 category. We didn’t win a lot but they were really fun to play.

When it comes to table games that also have a lot to offer. Some of the games include Spanish 21, Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, Roulette, Craps, Let It Ride Poker , Caribbean Stud Poker and Three-Card Poker . I am not the table game player that my husband is, but he seemed to have really good luck with Caribbean Stud Poker and Three-Card Poker.

Boomtown also offers the Circle B Players Club. You are issued a card and each time you play slots or table games you get credit toward earning a free room, meal or cash for you to play with on your next visit.

I can’t say enough about the staff in the casino. They are very friendly and helpful and seemed to go out of their way to help us. The waitress came by very often and made sure that we had our drinks and didn’t need anything.

Let’s Eat

Boomtown Casino offers many great places to eat.

Sundance Cantina serves authentic Mexican food and drinks. We didn’t eat here but did look at a menu and found the prices to be very reasonable.

Cattleman’s Buffet - This is the place you will not believe. Just name a food and they have on their large buffet. The food was all hot and well presented. Once again the staff was very helpful and we were very pleased with the service and the food. If you play long enough with your Circle B Players card you can get this wonderful meal for free.

Ranch Steakhouse - This would be the most expensive place to eat at the casino. We did not eat there, but heard nothing but good things about the food.

Boomer’s Café - This is a great place to grab a quick bite. We had breakfast here each day and it was wonderful. I can’t say enough about the food, the service or the price. Try the breakfast burrito, you will be glad you did.

Overall

From the time we arrived at the hotel we were immediately greeted and our luggage was unloaded and car parked for us. The check in was very quick and easy and the front desk staff was very accommodating. The outside of the hotel and casino are well lit, so I never worried about being out at night by myself. All in all we had a great three days at Boomtown Casino Bossier City, LA.
If you are looking for nice weekend getaway, you don’t have to look any further than Boomtown Casino and Hotel.

Best Suited For: Couples